4 years ago
1,185 posts

768_discussions.jpg

updated by @cheshire-cat: 07/02/17 12:12:02PM
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

I hope this will stump more of you than my last attempt. If you know who this is, please post that you already know, but not his name (obviously). If y'all know who this one is too, it must just be a case of brilliant minds think alike (grins). If you don't know who he is, please have fun......

Good luck!

Cheshire Cat

Merin Eliz
@merin-eliz
4 years ago
100 posts

I'm gonna split up my views into the ones I got from my psychic self and my observation. Because I find that more comfortable.

Psychic: He's one of those strict types, i got a scientist feeling, probably one dealing with Biology(i have a feeling I know him) , he seems sad about something, he's a nice person inside although whether he showed it outside i'm not sure about.

What I got from observation: I got that he could be a lawyer.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Thanks very much DW and Merin for posting.

I think I'm going to shut up on this one and not give any clues as to whether people are correct or not. That way I won't influence what anyone is getting.

Please come back and post more at any time. :-)

C. Cat

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
4 years ago
867 posts

I guess brilliant minds think alike :)

You always pick fascinating people :)

Huggs,

Josette

Merin Eliz
@merin-eliz
4 years ago
100 posts

i found out who he is!!! cause i couldn't wait. i really like you choice. :)

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Josette,

Does this mean you know who he is, since you did not attempt a reading?

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Ooohhh, how naughty! Well, you know how well you did now.

I guess you are an impatient Type A personality just like I am, lol. And, you are probably a computer geek as well, since I was assured by someone who is that most people would not know the trick to finding out.

When I reveal it to everyone, I will post some links to good info about him.

C. Cat

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
4 years ago
867 posts

Yes I know who he is :) You always pick fascinating people :)

Huggs,

Josette

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi Jenny and Jen,

Thanks for making a stab at it. Feel free to add more later if anything comes to you. :-)

C. Cat

Merin Eliz
@merin-eliz
4 years ago
100 posts

Lol, yeah i do know know. And I know to differentiate between the psychic info i got and the conscious mind making observations. I was usually confused when I do any type of readings. But now I know how to filter through them. :) and I hardly thought I would be able to read this well. I really like these experiments.

What type A do you mean? Yeah, i'm really impatient. I tried to wait til you would post, but I just wanted to know it. Lol, Thanks. it's actually not that hard to find out.

Yeah, cool. i just read the wiki page. i'll wait for your links to see what more was there.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi Merin,

Normally, we give people a week to have a chance to read each picture. I will probably post results either Saturday or Sunday, a bit sooner.

Type A personalities are impatient and driven, hard working, high achieving. There are 4 types used by doctors, A, B, C and T. They all carry certain health risks. If you've not heard of them, maybe it's because you are still very young and healthy. I am an oldie, and suffering from some of the Type A ailments.

Maybe there are more people here who know how to find out who the picture is than I thought. I am not the one who started this thread, but I am going to post below and ask. That hole needs to be plugged. Otherwise, there is not much point to this.

You can probably find the links I was going to post by just Googling his name, if interested in more reading about him. :-)

CC

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

TO EVERYONE,

It has come to my attention that computer literate people can easily cheat and find out who the picture is. I did not realize this before ,but two people have now told me this.

It seems to me that this loophole needs to be plugged, but I am no computer expert and don't know how to do it. Would any of you who know how to make sure nobody can cheat please PM me with info on how to do that, or if it's too complicated for me, maybe you can do it yourself, or we can ask Elise to do it, since she's the Administrator.

What do you all think? Do you think we should try to fix this, or is it no big deal and we should just keep letting people do the readings on the honor system?

Thanks in advance for your input,

CC

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
4 years ago
867 posts

Hi CC,

If anyone feels compelled to cheat, they will find a way to do this, no matter the adjustments anyone makes to the code, etc.

Do you believe that people are cheating?

If so, that is really a sad shame since the only thing he/she/they are gaining is who the person is, etc. on paper so to speak.

They aren't really gaining anything in the end (long run) since the point of these Exercises/Challenges, etc. are to allow/permit people to expand their minds & strengthen their abilities.

By cheating they diminish their chance/opportunity, etc. to do just that.

Just my 2 cents...

Huggs,

Josette

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi Jen,

Very good points, and that is pretty much how I feel. The only point I see in plugging the loophole is that many people read these but are too shy to post, fearing they will blow it badly and be embarrassed. If some are cheating and wowing everyone with their readings, I fear that will make them even less likely to take a chance and post. But overall, I agree with you. I also think most people don't cheat, or their readings would be a lot more accurate, lol. This especially applies to me. I am horrible at this, which is why I am working on it. :-)

CC

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi Adil,

Thank you for your interesting post. I plan to post the answer on Saturday or maybe Sunday, depending upon how many readings we are still getting.

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Thanks, but apparently most people don't care if it can be found out, including you. I will fix it if it's within my computer abilities and time limits (I am running a corporation 24/7 while doing this in-between phone calls and work). I appreciate the info though..I always want to learn more. :-)

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi Josette,

I did not get notification of your post and just saw it now, sorry. As I said to Adil and Jen below, I agree with them that the honor system is just fine and I doubt many are cheating, but wanted to see how the rest of you felt about it, since I did not know there was a way to cheat until recently, and still can't imagine how it's done. I see Adil has sent me the info, so I am about to find out, but I agree, there is no point in doing the readings if you are going to cheat. You don't learn a thing that way. I don't think most of us on here are that kind of people. On other forums I've been on, yes, but not here. I find most empathic people to be far more moral than average.

When I became too sick to work away from home, the PC had not even been invented yet! So, I have had to pick people's brains and teach myself a lot of this stuff, and I know more about computers than all of my girlfriends put together, but I am still computer illiterate compared to most younger people.

Thanks for your opinion. It seems to be unanimous, judging by the other responses below.

Huggs back,

CC

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

To JEN and ADIL,

Thanks for the compliment, JEN. I think most of us empaths go out of our way to make people feel comfortable, and speaking only for myself, I am shocked by the total lack of tact and basic manners many people display these days, but then I am an old fogie, lol.

Thanks to ADIL for showing me what I did wrong. I would bet that most of the people putting up pictures to read here did not do what I did, because they are younger and more computer savvy, so they knew not to do it the way I did. It is very simple to correct, and I will do it the correct way from now on, so the whole issue will go away. Isn't that nice? I wish some of the huge problems in the world could be solved this simply.

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi Adil,

In a strange way it makes me feel better to know I am not the only one. I will fix mine from now on, and maybe you or someone else can let anyone else who does it the way I did know how to do it right in the future.....after giving your reading of course. But, if they don't that's okay too. I think the honor system is fine, for all the reasons everyone has mentioned.

Now let's get back to reading the picture...I hope some more people will give it a try. Thanks so much for helping me with this.

C. Cat

Merin Eliz
@merin-eliz
4 years ago
100 posts

Ches, I should disagree. Because I really can't see why someone would cheat. I mean i myself tried to find out who was in the photo. But I did it after i read him. Which is the same as you giving the answer, only a bit more faster. Besides, it's not a competition, why would anyone di that? do we gain anything by giving fake reading? this is for practising our abilities on reading a person. If someone cheats only they lose.

Merin Eliz
@merin-eliz
4 years ago
100 posts

yes, i just used my computer knowledge to see if i was right. So as long as I don't post who it is, i hope it wouldn't be a problem?

I hadn't known that. I mean i've heard of different categories of classifying people using their psychology, but the A,B, C,D types. haven't crossed my mind. I'll read more on them. Yes, I guess i belong to A. But not entirely. I'm driven and high achieving if it is something i like. Like if its my fav subject I would be top. But the subject does not interest me I get lazy.

Yes, the process of finding out is rather simple, But i don't see why you should plug the loopholes. We're not competing or seeing who's best are we? I mean I hardly read other posts. If someone knows who it is beforehand by cheating wouldn't it just be them loosing a chance to practise their abilities? I think this is fine.

Yes, i'll google him and try to find more. :)

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Merin,

I will send you a PM, since the personality type info is off topic for this reading, but I can only send it if you accept a friend request. :-)

There are several other posts here you may want to read about how people feel about the loophole, which at least one other person also left open. It is so easy to fix, I don't consider it a problem anymore. Probably most people know how to do it right in the first place. I didn't because I am not a computer expert, like all you younger folks are. :-)

C. Cat

Merin Eliz
@merin-eliz
4 years ago
100 posts

i accepted it.!

i read the other people's post. well, i'm not against closing them just thought it's a waste of time. but if want to i'm fine with it! :)

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Welcome Julie!

Dittto what Jen said. I couldn't have put it better. :-)

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Thanks for your input Diana. Glad to see you here.

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Hello Everyone!

I find myself up against a time clock tomorrow morning and a cable repair man Sunday morning who will have my connection turned off, so I am going to reveal the identity of the man in the picture now. I hope everyone who wanted to read it has done so, since it's been 5 days. This is someone I thought empaths might especially like to know about, since he was a pioneer in studying us!

This is a picture of Joseph Banks Rhine, known as J. B. Rhine, a Botanist who is widely credited as the primary founder of Parapsychology and the inventor of the phrase extrasensory perception or ESP. He founded the Rhine Foundation, after setting up the first legitimate study of parapsychology in a lab at Duke University. His books can be found on Amazon. His experiments are somewhat controversial ,with some people claiming he cheated. Wikipedia has an entry on him, and you can check out the modern day Rhine Research Center online at rhine.org. Here is a short and concise bio of him you can read: archived.parapsych.org/members/jb_rhine.html.

Thanks for reading him and I hope you all enjoyed it!

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi Jen,

Isn't it strange the channels that messages may come to us through? It isn't always direct or logical ,since we are using our right brains, and in the western world we are so unused to it that it really can surprise us. I am glad you got a kick out of how you received your info on this one. I think radio waves is a good way of putting it. :-)

C. Cat

Ecila
@ecila
4 years ago
898 posts

What an interesting picture! I missed the last one :( but I'll give this a go.

The first think I notice is a look of pain in the eyes. Deeper into the pain there is sadness, distrust, fright and a deep sensitiveness. Even though He has such a chiseled, manicured physical appearance, he is a softy. Some kind of artist comes to mind or actor. Is he gay? I get a strong sense of his mother coming through. I think she abused him. His father was either not present often or ineffectual. He never feels like he is good enough. OCD (But maybe that just from the hair!)...He worked very hard in his life for some noble ideals.I don't think he was extremely smart, but he was smart enough. I'm not getting much here. Don't think I'm right on this one...

I'm not sure if anything I get is actually psychic. It could all just be from reading into the image. But, it seems like you can get an awful lot just by doing even that. Amazing how actual life experiences can be read on a person's face.

Ecila
@ecila
4 years ago
898 posts

Oh, I'm too late! Oh well. I was way off!

If nobody has one for next, I think I have a pretty decent one in mind...

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi Ecila,

Sorry I had to do it a bit early. Sounds like you gave it a try before you read who he was anyway and did pretty well. .

I only have one other person in mind. Please go ahead and do the next one. I think that would be fabulous and can't wait to see who it is..... :-)

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi Roy,

Well, I know for sure you did not read the other posts first to get ideas....good for you. Someone else also thought he was a lawyer. I would say he was evangelical in his pursuit of trying to make the study of people like us a legitimate academic field. Thanks for participating.

As you will find if you do read the other posts, I did not know I should hide the name of the person being read by changing the name when I saved the picture to my computer, and a few people couldn't wait, so they looked after doing their readings. Unfortunately, this became a bigger issue than reading the picture. For that and other reasons posted above, I revealed the person's name tonight, Friday.

So, this reading is already over, and if you look at my post 8 posts above yours, you can read all about this picture and who he is.

Ecila will be posting the next picture shortly, I believe, so I hope you'll come back and read that one. :-)

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Adil,

It was difficult for others, as you say. You are not the only person who looked. This thread became all about this, not reading the picture. That is one of several reasons why I decided to reveal the picture early.

I just hope late comers can find the post where I explain who he is, since there are so many posts after it and they are not expecting a reveal yet.

C. Cat

Dice
@dice
4 years ago
284 posts

I thought the same thing about his hair!!

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi Roy,

Phew, I finally got done with business paperwork for awhile and could get on here. Next comes dealing with the dreaded computer tech support, ugh!

I am not sure, but I am pretty certain that as the first guy to do legit experiments, his were really basic. Mostly he had people in one room, while someone looked at a card in another room with one of a limited number of simple symbols on it, and the first person tried to guess what the symbol on the card was, like a square, a triangle, a star, etc. Then he would record whether the reader scored higher than chance.

I believe those plant experiments came much later on.....they were fascinating, weren't they?

I agree he does seem to have what my husband calls "helmet head", lol.

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Candice,

Yep, as I said to Roy, he seems to have "helmet head". I don't think they had hair gels back then. I am just jealous....I wish my hair was half that thick!

C. Cat

Ecila
@ecila
4 years ago
898 posts

Oh goody! I have two in mind and will have to choose...

Seems like the game plan been starting on Sunday and ending on Sunday, or around that time period. I will plan to post tomorrow and reveal the following Sunday. Thank you!

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Jen,

Very cool that you dreamt about coming to EC!

I used to have precog dreams like that and I used to have two spirit guides around.

They have been dead quiet for about 10 years now, no matter what I try. I need them more than ever, and can't get anything.

The only precog stuff I've gotten in that 10 years was that someone had liver cancer, and that someone else was going to commit suicide, and another one was going to divorce his wife, despite it being against his religion. I was right about all 3, sadly.

When it comes to serious issues in my own life, I get nada, zilch, zip. I am starting to think my guides are PO'd at me for some reason, so I think it's wonderful you are getting so much interaction.

This post is way off topic, so if you want to discuss this more, we'd better take it to PMs. :-)

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Ecila,

You know, you and many others may not be as far off as you think. Most of you mentioned several of his personal characteristics, which I have seen next to nothing written about, so you could very well be right, but we just can't confirm it since all the written material is about his experiments.

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi QAL,

I shut this reading down early for several reasons explained in previous posts. If you go back one page to page 4, and read my post that is the 4th post down, you will find out who this is and there are links to learn more about him. Several people guessed lawyer like you did.....I think maybe the books behind him influenced that. He was a scientist, as you will find if you read that post. I hope you do...you will be surprised! Thanks for posting. :-)

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Very good point, SnakeMedicine! I'd not even thought of that. :-)

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Dear SnakeMedicine,

I think you did very well. Don't worry about one little miss. Several people got scientist, which was good.

I've learned my lesson....many people can't read these until the weekend, so don't shut them down early no matter what! :-)

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi Sydney,

Thank for posting. We've moved on to #12 a couple days ago. The answer to this one can be found on Page 4 of this thread, the 5th post down. :-)

C. Cat

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book