Psychic Development Workshop: Learning the Language (Symbolism, Week One)

To post a reply, login or signup

Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts

Note: This discussion thread is part of a series. Find the index for the series here.

I wrote a blog entry todayabout the importance of learning about symbolism. I was writing it here, but it got to be quite long, so I moved it.

My first foray into the world of psychic symbolism was my freshman year of high school. I was attending a Catholic high school that year after having spent many years in the public school system. One of the required classes was "Christian Life", in which we learned a little about comparative religions, focused on different aspects of Catholicism, etc. The priest teaching the class believed in the idea that God speaks to us through our dreams, so we had a two-week dream interpretation unit in which we discussed the symbolism of dreams. I have to say that it may have been the most valuable thing I learned that year. After high school, I added tarot to my symbolism toolbox, along with various mythological systems. IstudiedWicca, Buddhism, Taoism, and Hinduism. I learned about Asian art and feng shui. I watched lots of sci-fi movies and read about quantum physics.

In this thread, I'd likeus all to brainstormdifferentways of learning about symbolism. At some point during the week, I'd like each of you to choose one way, and commit to it. For example, you might decide that you'd like to get started with tarot or oracle cards. You'd set a goal for this week of purchasing a deck (which would be a good game for the other exercise this week), and then commit to learning about one card per day until you get bored with your deck, at which point you'd choose a new method and do that. Pick something that speaks to you. Maybe you'd prefer to read Greek mythology or study architecture. It's all fine. Symbolism is everywhere.

At this point, your routine could include in each day:

1. 30 minutes of brisk walking
  2. 30 minutes of meditation, including practice with visualization
  3. Draw one tarot card, learn about the symbolism of the card, then watch for that symbol to appear in different ways throughout the day
  4. Play intuition games throughout the day, as appropriate

I look forward to hearing all of your ideas on how to learn about symbolism! We'll have brainstorming sessions over the next several weeks about particular categories of symbols, and I'm really looking forward to that.

updated by @amaya: 07/02/17 05:56:09PM
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts

The most complete site of different decks I've ever seen is http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/. Happy hunting!

Roxanne
@roxanne
6 years ago
1,562 posts

You are my teacher of the Week, Amaya!! I love this. I am adding above 4 points to my daily planner and New Year Resolutions!!

I bow before you

I am not worthy!!!

I am not worthy!!

Very cool, I am soooooooooooo impressed!

:-)

Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts

Thanks, Roxanne! It was a lot of fun to put this thing together, and I'm glad for folks that find something in it that speaks to them. Let us all know how it goes for you?

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book