Psychic Development Workshop: Finding Faith, Week One

To post a reply, login or signup

Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts

Note: Thisdiscussion threadis part of a series about psychic development. The index for the series is here.

Probably the biggest thing I think we struggle with in ourefforts to become more intuitiveis that we don't really believe we can do it. We convince ourselves that synchronicities are mere coincidences, that flashes of insight are nothing more than good luck, and that our lives proceed haphazardly from one event or relationship to the next. We don't believe ourselves to be "special" enough to considerthat wehave "special" abilities, much less that we can harness these abilities to help ourselves and others.

This segment of the workshop is all about learning how to trust yourself again. Being psychic is nothing special. Everyone is psychic. Truly. But saying that is like saying that everyone can run marathons. They can. It just takes some effort. Even the most naturally-gifted runners have to train.

The best way to exercise, I think, is to have fun while doing it. So, we're going to rebuild our relationship with our intuitions by playing some games together over the next two weeks. I'm posting the first exercise a little early, but feel free to take it at your own pace if you haven't completed last week's compassion and visualization items yet.

This week's exercise: Going with your gut

You're at the grocery store, and you're walking down the pasta aisle when you suddenly remember that you need pasta sauce and you didn't put it on your list. You walk over to the sauce section, and start to reach for a certain jar. Then, you stop. "Wait," you think, "is this the one I want? Which one was it that my husband liked so much last time? Is this one on sale? Maybe I should get that one over there."

This week, we're going to work on not doing this second-guessing thing. When you reach for the jar, take that one. Don't think about it, just do it. Here are some ideas for how you might play this game:

1. See how fast you can get your grocery shopping done. Don't price check, don't weigh (as long as that's an option, given your grocery budget that day). When you're hovering over the apples, pick the first ones you see, and don't put any back.
  2. If you're trying to get somewhere and there are multiple equally-good routes, don't think about which one to take ahead of time. Decide when you get to the turn.
  3. When you're trying to decide what to wear,don't stand in front of your closet weighing your options. Put on the first thing that you see.

There are lots of options for how to play the no-second-guessing game. Come up with one of your own! Itmight bea little painful at first, but press on.

Try to do this as much as you can this week. Do it for things that don't really matter if you get them wrong. If your husband hates the sauce you pick, what's the worst that could happen? You might have to go back to the store and get another, and put the sauce in your next canned food donation? That's not so bad. If you take a wrong turn, your trip might take an extra few minutes. Not so bad. Maybe you'll see a great new restaurant orabeautiful treealong your wrong-turn way. It's a game, so try to have fun with your mishaps.

If you'd like to expand the game to something with higher stakes, say, picking stocks for your IRA or names for your new baby, I encourage you to use your logic to narrow down your choices to a basket of equally-good options, then use your intuition to make your final selections.We're talking about low-pressure games, here - nothing with high stakes.

As you do the games, make a post here about which game you played, and what happened. How did it feel to do it?

updated by @amaya: 07/02/17 12:11:44PM
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts
Let us know how it works out! I'd love to see the result. You might try meditating a bit first with the clearing meditationand see if that helps, or listening to the chakra balancingvideos (see the comments section of the same link)while you paint.
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts
Ha! Good question! Mythought on itis that second-guessing serves an important biological/evolutionary purpose. Our ability to rationally consider a wide variety of possible options serves us well, most of the time. Logic is important. But, it can interfere with our intuitive ability sometimes. I think that the goal is ultimately to figure out how to integratelogic with intuitionsuch that a balance is achieved. In the process of achieving that, though, sometimes it can be helpful to swing way to the other side for a while,taking a vacation from logic for as much time as is reasonable. Have a great weekend! Let us know how it goes?
Amaya
@amaya
4 years ago
301 posts

Ah, yes, the second-guessing. It's hard for us all. Let us know how these games go for you!

Amaya
@amaya
4 years ago
301 posts

Yay! Going with the gut. Good times!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book