3 years ago
81 posts

Harriet-Beecher-Stowe-9496479-1-402.jpg

updated by @tami: 07/02/17 12:10:55PM
Tami
@tami
3 years ago
81 posts

Sorry, I don't mean to burst in but here I am...:)

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Thanks Tami. I like this choice. She has good vibes.

I am getting a first name of Abigail, but it may not be her. May be her child or other relative.

Civil war times.

I feel this is a staged portrait and she had to sit still a long time and is getting peeved.

I feel this photo may be in a museum.

I feel she may have nursed people during the war. (That may be why I got the name Abigail. She does not look like Louisa May Alcott, who was a civil war nurse, but her mother's name was Abigail)

I get that she was on the Union side and hated slavery.

I hear "MaryTodd Lincoln". I hope that does not mean she went insane like Mrs. Lincoln.

Tami
@tami
3 years ago
81 posts

Hmmmm.....this may be too easy. :) Heading in the right direction.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi, that is funny Cat first thing that hit me was Jennie Wade. I feel she was at the battlefields if even not in battle(s).

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Just to clarify, I know Louisa May Alcott was famous for her writing, not nursing, but I am pretty sure she did do nursing during the war.

Believe me, Tami, none of these is too easy! We always have to fight our way through, and rarely solve them, so please don't worry. :-)

Dan, maybe this is one of those where we'll end up making lists of what we all agree on. That seems to help.

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

My first thoughts were Saint Therese. I have looked at every photo I can find of her and can't find a match.

Then I had thoughts about handmade childrens soft toys with little rabbit type faces and wondered if she wrote stories she made up about the little animal characters? So I am in a bit of alignment with Julie there. I looked up Enid Blyton but didn't find that photo, andthis photowas probably before her time.

Remember, I don't know history. I actually do not know any of the names you have mentioned so far, so can't even go with your feelings on those people.

- stubborn

- strong willed

- father influence

- she was strong

- preferred outdoors

- married older man

- sons

- Mary

The flaws in the photo look a little like black wings, and stars to me?

Tami
@tami
3 years ago
81 posts

Everyone so far has gotten good hits...I have a picture when she was older if you would like. :-)

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Robin I saw the same thing except I see the feet of the bird at the bottom. I almost feel the mist could almost be a spirit. I am wondering if she was some kind of medium too. I still fell her at the battlefields maybe a high ranking officers wife maybe. She does draw me in.

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

That photo is just getting creepier and creepier. There's an old lady (in the black wingything)with a veil over her head and something covering her eyes. Weird. There are other faces as well. There are faces everwhere. There are two in the patterns on the tablecloths. A close up of that black and white thing hovering near her dress looks like a man in black pants (like a barber shop outfit pehaps?) There are quite a few other strange things. She seems to be surrounded by activity. People faces, and animal faces. Weird.

Her fingers are unbelievably long.

PIANO PLAYER

PAINTER

Rebecca

Her neck is large for a woman isn't it? Did men dress up as women to avoid the war? Just a thought?

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

I see the shadow you are talking about... interesting

Tami
@tami
3 years ago
81 posts

Here's another photo at an older age...

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi, okay I am out. I know who she is.

Tami
@tami
3 years ago
81 posts

I have read those books! You are so close, it is scary...lol :-)

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

She looks blind in the second photo.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

I did pick up on a little and checked it out and found her. Now I get the joy of all watching you following up with each other to do it:) Maybe I will try to recruit more people again.

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

um.. that's not how it works Dan.. if you didn't know who she was, and you found her, then we have a reveal, and you tell us what led you to her :)

and congratulations :)

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

It was some of my own feelings and some of all yours too. You are all doing so well I really would rather watch. I know you will get her too. It is fun watching too and it is still early:) I will message Tami with who I got.

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

That's what we've been doing Snake. Wow. Amazing. Two people finding her in so few posts. I hope you guys are doing a little dance.

Don't forget to tell us what clues led you there. I can't wait to find out how you found her so quickly. :)

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

You can just post it right here in the thread Snake. That is awesome you got it.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

SnakeMedicine,

To answer your question, which I now cannot find (I hate the way these forums do not post in chronological order), since you didn't recognize her right away, like you often have before, but had to figure it out, that should have been the end when you got the name, I believe.

You would PM Tami, and if she told you that you got it right, then she does the reveal of who it is, and says you got it. Now Dan has it too, so if either one of you is right, that would be the end of this one, at least by the rules we've always used before. The person who started this group never shows up, so I guess the rules could be changed if everyone wanted to, or we could PM her.

C. Cat

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

I have been trying to promote the experiment when new people come in. I am trying to get more people involved. It is fun plus it is more relaxed and not so serious so it makes it easier to get to know each other. I love it and all of you too:)

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Dan,

Just want to say again that contacting the newbies to encourage them to check out this group was a brilliant idea. I only wish I had thought of it, and I really appreciate you doing it. :-)

C. Cat

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Thanks CC, but it really wasn't my Idea. Everyone here had a part in it really. I love doing this it really is fun. Here is an example of what I say to people.

"Have you joined in with the psychic experiments at all. We just solved #23 but a new one will start any time now. It is really fun and a great way to get to know people a little more."

They did reply they hadn't so I followed up with

"What we do in the experiments is someone posts a picture of a non living person. Then the others all try to pick up on it and try to figure out who it is. It is really good practice and like I said a more relaxed atmosphere so you can get to know everyone on a more personal level."

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Actually we run the till Sunday (reveal day) normally unless someone gets it. Then we just start a new one. It isn't really a big deal. So just disclose your findings and we can find someone to put up #24:)

Tami
@tami
3 years ago
81 posts

Two people know the answer but haven't posted it so I haven't said anything either. I'm in limbo here. In any case, you have a few things touched on the nose!

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi Julie, a great deal of your last two post have been so very on track. I feel you are very close. Keep up the great work.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Okay, I am going to do it. Julie did have it too. Most likely Snake as well. It is; Harriet Beecher Stowe, she was born on June 14, 1811, in Litchfield, Connecticut. Her father, Lyman Beecher, was a leading Congregationalist minister and the patriarch of a family committed to social justice. Stowe achieved national fame for her anti-slavery novel,Uncle Toms Cabin, which fanned the flames of sectionalism before the Civil War. Stowe died in Hartford, Connecticut, on July 6, 1896.She wrote more than 20 books, including novels, three travel memoirs, and collections of articles and letters. She was influential both for her writings and her public stands on social issues of the day.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

I wanted to wait because so many were so close I knew they were getting it too. It was an awesome experiment and want to thank Tami for the excellent choice.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

OMG. I can't believe I did not get her. One of the most traumatic times of my life was being forced to play the lead role of Little Eva in Uncle Tom's Cabin in high school, just because I was the only girl with "the right hair for the part". I hate public speaking, let alone acting. With such an emotional connection, I should have gotten it.

Congrats to those who did! :-)

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

You were on target all the way, you just need to trust yourself. Another reason I didn't want to reveal is I am really good with research and it gives me a slight advantage. I saw that Robin posted and deleted, she had solved it about the same time I posted the reveal too. Good job to her too. Now who is next?

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

Um, no Dan, I didn't find her. I accidentally typed her name after you had put up the reveal. I'm a bit preoccupied atm. Can you please tell me what the key words were that you used to find her? That would be helpful for the rest of us to know I think. What were the hits that helped you? It must have been things that Julie and Cat were saying I think? I am interested in how the process is working so well for us and the amount of time she was found in was really quite astounding when you think about it. How did you know it was her. Can you look at a different photo and know that it's the same person? I am hopeless at that.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Actually the first thing I got was the civil war era. Next Robin your first post with the strong, strong willed and stubborn parts all jumped out of me. Then everyone started picking up on the writer so did I. I did know who she was before but I had never seen her picture. I did a search for civil war era writers. Then on Google after the search I clicked images and her picture was there.

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

ok cool, thanx Dan. Very Good. It'squite incredilble when you think about it.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

I really think we are almost working together as one more and more. But it is occurring naturally now. In a few years we could help law enforcement. Ha Ha I really enjoy this. Hell, I love having a group of people I can relate to and that can somewhat relate to me. LOL

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Welcome Space-Beaver or would you rather be called Space-Biber?

Love the visual of a space Beaver....I'll bet there's a story behind that! ;-)

Hope you will enjoy our group.....very glad to have you.

- - - - - - - - - -

Julie - I'll certainly give you my vote to go ahead this week. I am stuck with the end of the corporate tax year plus some daunting medical tests and appts., so the first half of the month is not good for me.

C. Cat

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

I say the same thing Julie go for it.

Awesome you made it Space:)

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Great back story, thanks. I have a feeling that survival training you got may come in handy real soon.

I'll call you Space-Beaver if that's okay. It reminds me of Rocky the Flying Squirrel. You are probably too young to remember him, but The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show was my favorite cartoon show when I was a kid. ;-)

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

We are showing our age here. They did make a movie too. LOL

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

The movie was lousy though, at least for adults. The original show was just as much fun for adults as for kids, like Snake said.

A new Sherman and Peabody movie is coming out right now.

There's nothing like Natasha and Boris.

And.....Fan mail from some flounder?

C. Cat :-)

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

LOL I agree with that too, The wayback machine was one of my favorites too.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book