Empathic Mediumship 101- Part 1

To post a reply, login or signup

Angel
@angel
6 years ago
603 posts
Empathic Mediumship 101

Mediums are people who usues their psychic abilities to communicate with the spiritual realm. Though mediumship is often referred to someone who communicates with the dead, or the human spirits who are still earth-bound, mediums can communicate with any spirit in the spirit realm. This would also include spirit guides, Angels, and non-human sprirts. Mediumship is not an ability in itself, but more of a method that is used regardless of their psychic type. This means that anyone who is sensative or intuitive can be a medium. There are many courses out there for mediumship, however, many do not focus on those who are empathic. This is why I am developeing a series of classes for Mediumship specifically made for Empath's.

Empath's are very sensative to psychic energy, specifically to human emotions. When spirits leave the body and move into the spritual realm, they often carry their old thoughts and emotions with them. Some will cross over to a higher spiriual realm where they will become transformed and new. Some will stay behind for many reason's, whether they died a tragic death and have some unresolved issues, they may be attached to a particular place, person or object and do not want to leave, or they may be afraid of facing some type of judgement. Some don't even realize that they are dead. When your dealing with human spirits, it's much like dealing with your next door neighbor, your best friend, or a stranger you see at the mall. Nothing changes other than they leave their body and live in spirit form. They continue to carry with them all the same thoughts, emotions and behavoirs as they did when they were alive. As Empath's, because our sensativies, as you begin your mediumship and coming into contact with earthbound spirits, you will notice that their emotional state will be alot stronger than that of a person with a body. Though this is just a theory as to why, I believe this is because when we are in spirit form, the energy is no longer trapped inside of a body and the concentration of energy is much thinner. There is no buffer and mass to solidify the energy. So when the energy is thiner, we percieive it more easily and stronger. This can also be a real problem for Empath's because of the amount of energy we recieive, many Empath's can become overwhelmed or easily manipulated by the spirit. This first class will cover the basics of what needs to be learned BEFORE you begin your mediumship. I would not suggest skipping these first important steps.

In this lesson we will learn basic grounding, shielding and descernment techniques. You will be given a couple of assignments to do. This is a self-paced class, so feel free to do these assignments on your own free time and as many times as you like. You can post your results and track other people's progress as well :)

Shielding - Shielding your energy is one of the m ost important things you will ever learn, whether you are learning mediumship, psychic abilities or even just hanging out with friends. Human are made up of energy so we transmit and recieive energy. The Aura is like an electromagnetic field around us that "traps' all types energy to us. It's kind of like the planet Saturn. Saturn is the actual planet ( body). I'm sure you have noticed the rings around the outside of the planet. The rings are an accumilation of dust and particules floating around in space that get's trapped in this field. The rings are much like our aura as it traps all this energy from people, places everything. When we do cleansing techniques, it clears away that excess energy, but placing the shiled around it, will slow down alot of that excess energy . Now, the aura is also like a filtering system to the body and soul, or the core, what I like to call it.. Though it will keep much of the energy in the auric field, much of the energy we draw into our core selves. When the aura is clogged with excess energy,it is no longer filtering the way it should and we begin to draw in everything.So the aura is like our first and most important defence systems and it's important me maintain it and make sure it will continue to work properly, Shielding is extremely important for the maintance and protection of the aura,giving us an added protection around us,So why is this so important as a medium? Sprits are also made up of energy and when it is no longer in the body, it's no different than any other energy that floats around.Without the shiled, you may not know their is a spirit around and they can enter into the auric field much easier,making you vulnerable. It dous not mean they can take over you core because they will need permission to do that,but it dous make it possible to channel the spirit. Your probebly wondering if the shield would defeat the whole purpose of mediumship since, in essance, mediumship is channeking. This is true, mediums do channel the spirit, but in a more controlled manner. The shiled dous make it possible for you to channel them, but in a more controlled fashion. You set the rules and if the spirit is something that isn't what it portrays to be, it is esier to send it away because you are denying them access to you.You set the riles at this point and your shiled sets those boundaries to them abd protecting yourself frim becoming vulnerable.

Assignment:

Find a comfortable spot somewhere were you won't be distrubed. Imagine a white light coming from above that forms a line from above to the top of your head. Invision this light flowing down around you and covering your entire body. The more that comes down, the thincker the shield. Now imagine this shield forming a bubble around you. Don't imagine a soap bubble, but imagine this bubble clear and strong that nothing can come through it without you knowing. If the bubble is to thick, invion how much you want to come to you and be specific, i.e, no spirits are allowed to enter this soace inside my shield, ect. Once the intial shoeld is created you will be able to raise it ,lower it, or add or take away from it from simply visualizing specifically the protection amont you want. For the next several days, you will want to take about a half a day, more or less depnding on yourself to raise and lower this shield. For 30 minutes, invision it up and then invision lowering it, back and forth. Up, down, Up, down. Over time, you will be able to raise it and lower it within seconds according to your needs at the moment. When you feel comfortable, you can practice in a more public place to see how your shield works. It is not necessary for you to close your eyes and do this, this is a concentrated intention and you can simply raise that energy around you through a quick visualization of it surrounding you. You can play with this a bit and make your own visualation. The idea is that you have to belief it is there and that it works and you will know by the way you feel. It may take several attempts to get it where you want. Raising it and lowring it repeatively will allow you to feel it and control it quickly.

Grounding - So why is grounding so important? Being grounded brings us back to the "here and now" and reestablishes our connection to our own selves ( heart, mind, body and spirit) as well as the universe around us. Being grounded helps us become strong, focused and sharp while getting rid of excess negative energy. Grounding also helps us raise positive energy to work with by raising our vibration. Since we often attract the energy we intentionally or intentionally send out, this is very effective in attracting entities and energies that are of the higher spiritual realm.Grounding helps us calm our emotional states and helps us to think and feel more rationally. . As Empath's, are emotions are often like water, one minute it can be as calm as a bubbeling creek and the next minute a tidal wave. When we are centered and grounded, we maintain the control of those emotions and it makes it more difficult to shake us or knock us over.

Assignment:
Grounding Meditation -
Make sure you have your pen and journal handy so you can take notes after the mediation. You will need a quiet place where you will not be disturbed. i would suggest taking at least a half hour to do this mediation and can be done as many times as you need. Make sure you raise your protective shield BEFORE doing this excercise.

Make sure you are sitting down in a comfortable position. You can put on some soft music if it will help you relax, but try to choose music that has no words and will help you go into a meditaive state. Close your eyes and take a deep breath and hold it for a couple of seconds and then breath out. Continue to do this until you feel relaxed. If your mind begans to wander, gently bring it back to focus on your breathing. Now that you are in a relaxed state, invision yourself
as an Oak Tree or Redwood. One that represents stregnth and power, strong and solid. You are this tree. Your roots are firmly set in the soil and you feel stable. There is nothing that can shake you.It's a beautiful day and the warm sun is shing upon you. You feel a gentle breeze and your leaves began to shake a little. Ahead you see some darkn clouds. A storm is approaching. The wind began to pick up. Feel your roots fully grounded and strong. There is nothing that can shake you. The wind blow widly now and your branches began to shake. The rain begans to pour yet you do not feel fear, you feel refreshed. You began to move back and forth swaying from side to side, but your roots are firm and you are completely grounded. Nothing can uproot you. Te storms continues for a few moments more. The wind begans to die down . You stop swaying. You are smiling and feel strong and firm. You are completely grounded and nothing can uproot you.

Feel free to do this excercise as many times as you need.

Discernment of Spirits - This area will be discussed in more than one area. The ability to recognize spirits comes with time and practice and will need to be done is stages. In the beginning the only thing you will need to know is the differance between light and dark energy and the best way to do that is to know what light energy feels like. Once you recognize light energy or energy from the higher spiritual realm, it will be easy to descern the dark energy because dark energy cannot mask the light energy. You will feel a drastic differance between the two. Light Energy has a feeling of calm, peace, serinity, where as dark energy, no matter how bright or beautiful or innoscent it may seem, will never hold that same feeling as the light.
Energies of the light are considered to be energy from a higher frequency or spiritual realm. Some will consider this light to come from heaven or from our higher power. This energy will make you feel light, uplifted, joy, peace, kindness and love. This is also the energy that is being drawn as you raise your protective shield. For spirits, it is more than just the light energy you will feel. Even though they do not hold the same amount of mass as those who are walking on this earth, there is still a thicker energy than just pure light and your conscious or subconscous will eventually pick up on this. Many entities that would be considered as "light energies" would include God, Higher Power, or whoever you choose to worship, Angel's and Spirit Guides, and animal spirit guides. The entities have come from the light, whether they have always been there as celestial beings or human spirits who have crossed over and have come back to guide a particular person.
Dark energies or entities will vary but they have not crossed over into the light and exsist on a lower frequency. These entities will vary from human to non-human and shadows. These entities will not carry the energy like above, they will often carry a more negative energy. Instead of feeling light and peace you will feel more dread or forbidding. There may be a sence of mystery and intrguige, but the feeling will still be a darker feeling.
We will get more into different types of entities in later lessons. For this chapter we will be focusing more on light energy and helping you to feel what this energy feels like so you will be able to recognize it. The best way to do that is to meet your Spirit Guide or Angel, so for our assignment on this section, you will be given an assignment to help you meet your spirit guide. You defeintly want to keep your journal handy for this assignment so you can record any names or messages you recieive. Pay close attention to the energy you feel around them while doing this excercise. This is more important than the message at this point for it is the key to descernment later on. Once you know this feeling, you will automatically know whether or not you are dealing with the higher or lower spiritual realm.

Assignment : This is a meditation so you will want to follow the same methods as already described. Don't forget to shield! You may have to do this excercise a couple of times, but again, the focus should mainly be on the feeling the energy.Make sure you state your purpose on this mediattion before started, state that noone is allowed to contact you except those sent to you by your higher power, and do set any expectations, allow this mediatation to flow freely.
Close your eyes. You are walking down a beautiful forest path. You cn smell the fresh pine in the air. Birds are singing in the background. This is a beautiful,warm summer day. You notice a cloud up in the sky shaped like a flower. It is a flower sent to you from above. Up ahead you notice a white picket fence. There is sign on the outside that says : ( Your Name, Welcome) You open the gate to a garden of beautiful flowers and fruit trees. As you walk down the path, you notice a peach tree with fresh juicy peached. You pick the fruit and take a bite. Allow yourself a few moments to taste the sweetness of the fruit. Walking further on the path, you begin to smell the sweet fragrance of jasmine.You look around the garden and see many beautiful flowere of every color and size. You continue on the path. Up ahead is a bench with someone sitting on it. Their back is turned so you cannot see their face. You feel drawn to this person. You walk up closer until you are right behind them. There is a radient light that covers the person. As you approach, the person turns around. ( This is where you will see your own Guides and Angels)
These are the things you want to take notice of and write down in your journel later on. Describe the feelings and emotions you recieive by being near this person. Is there a light around this person? What color is the light? What are they telling you to do? Dous anything feel "off"? Feel free to ask your Guide or Angel whatever else you would like.
When you are finished with your meditation, write everything in your journal especially your feelings and emotions. Document any fears or discomfort , if any, that you may have felt. .Do you feel lighter, happier, more peaceful. If possible try not to wait so you don't forget important information.

updated by @angel: 07/02/17 12:10:52PM
Bruce
@bruce
6 years ago
207 posts

I love the meditations, thank you for sharing.

With Love

Bruce

Jodi Hill
@jodi-hill
6 years ago
89 posts
thanks so much for this information. it clears up so much of what I've been wanting to know and couldnt' find the answers to. this was such a huge help for me as I've been having so much trouble for months trying to discern between the energies. Jodi
Amaya
@amaya
4 years ago
301 posts

Hi Erin,

I personally don't do much shielding, for the reason you discuss. However, I've found that it can be helpful to consciously set an intention prior to doing medium work that you only want to connect with a certain entity or category of entities, particularly for individuals that are still feeling out their mediumship abilities. Some people are less able to manage interpersonal boundaries while in the moment, whether because of personality characteristics or newness to the work, and setting some firm lines early can be helpful in those cases.

While I don't do much shielding anymore, I do sometimes still do grounding exercises. I think that some people have a more difficult time staying grounded than others do, for a whole bunch of reasons, and perhaps you're on the side of the spectrum that finds it quite easy to stay grounded without much effort? Me, I tend to need to ground when I've been under a tremendous amount of emotional stress (i.e. needing to clear low vibrational energy), or when I've spent too much meditational time in, say, the angelic realms or somewhere else with a very high vibration.

I'm curious what others will have to say about this.

Love,

Amaya

Angel
@angel
4 years ago
603 posts

Alot of mediums work only with the higher realms, and those realms are quite safe. For myself, I work alot with lost souls and this shielding is necessary as many of them have attachments to them and they are still in a pretty dark place. I have also talked to many who have tried to connect with their guides and angels and got some pretty scary stuff instead. I play it safe for this reason, however, this is merely a guideline and I suggest that anyone reading this make it their own. If it works for you, then use it, if not, disregard it. :)

Angel
@angel
4 years ago
603 posts

Feel free to send me a friend request :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book