White Owl crossing my path twice

To post a reply, login or signup

Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

At the beginning of this summer, I promised myself to have a magical time. I would heal and have fun and live life to the fullest. So far, I've done that. On my first bike ride by the river of the summer, I was all alone on the trail and it was just after twilight, but it wasn't quite all the way dark, and a huge, beautiful white owl flew in front of me. It cross the trail and soared around it for a minute or so and then flew off. I'd never seen an owl just fly in front of me before. It felt like such a gift.

I went on to have a wonderful few weeks, then things got hard as I had some healing stuff come up to be addressed. I have been really struggling since that happened, but I'm trying to keep positive and still make time for fun and enjoying even through the healing process. Well, just a couple of nights ago, I was riding my bike along the river and again I was alone. Again, it was just about all the way dark and I saw the white owl again. She crossed my path again and circled around for a minute again, then flew off like last time. It feels like a sign. Maybe it's just that there is an owl that lives there and I happen to have seen it twice, but it feels like something else because I've never seen anything like that before. Could it have been a spirit guide or something? Any thoughts?

updated by @sarah: 07/02/17 02:44:28PM
Tami
@tami
2 years ago
81 posts

It definitely could have been your spirit animal or spirit guide. Nice!

Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

Neat!

Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

Oh wow! That's a beautiful story! Thank you for that!

Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

Thank you so much! I'm going to go learn about her now.

Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

Okay, I just looked up Athena in a goddess book. It talks about how she was the goddess of, among other things, assertiveness and healthy defense. It talked about rituals involving Athena having to do with standing up for yourself and protecting yourself from people who don't treat you well and things like that. That kind of blew my mind because the episode of healing I mentioned in the post had to do with me standing up for myself for the first time in my life to someone who has repeatedly treated me abusively and disrespectfully and who tried to control and punish me for being myself. It involved me speaking up in a calm, rational and very firm way to this person and telling them I will not take that behavior anymore. It involved getting honest about how this person has affected my life and saying NO MORE. This sounds very much in line with the energy of Athena.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book