Spirit Animal Guide?

To post a reply, login or signup

Merin Eliz
@merin-eliz
2 years ago
100 posts

I haven't really thought of which animal my spirit guide was. But i've always been fascinated by wolves. They are so beautiful to look at and so calming they always make me smile. But recently I keep getting snakes in my dreams. Sometimes, they're just there, present, sometimes they make me run trying to bite me and bit me once i think in my dreams. I used to have snake reams as a kid, but that was when I was afriad of snakes. Although i'm still slightly afraid of snakes in case they bite, I don't afraid of them as much cause they are actually calm creatures and only bite you if you disturb them. But my question is, i've read that spirit animals appear in your dreams, so, is the snake my spirit animal or am i just dreamingof them cause my subconscious is still afraid of them?

updated by @merin-eliz: 07/02/17 10:05:08AM
Merin Eliz
@merin-eliz
2 years ago
100 posts

Thank you, I rea the snake totem you gave. I sounds wonderful. So, the snake's biting cause I need to bring attention to stuff in my life? Like giving a wakeup call?

Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

I have snakes come to me a symbols of the divine feminine and symbols when I'm on the right track with changes in my life. I started really noticing it this summer. I take walks along a river close to my house quite often--several times a week. I have been going through big changes in my life leaving my religion, which is pretty intense, almost like leaving the amish faith in some ways in that it changes EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of your life and your family and friends either still love you, or shun you and tell you you are going to hell and all that, so it's been an intense couple of years of deprogramming and hard stuff. I noticed this summer that every time I turned a corner and got further along in my healing, snakes would cross my path. An energy worker friend said it's a sign. On days when I'd had big changes I might see two and sometimes three snakes. I'm rather afraid of snakes, so I scream every time this happens and probably look like a crazy person. I'm grateful for the signs none-the-less. :)

One of the last walks I took this summer, dozens of snakes crossed my path. Every time I wondered if it was an actual sign or not, I'd look down and there would be another. It was really amazing. I think, even if you are afraid of them like I am, they can be wonderful symbols and help bring messages from the divine--especially goddess messages or from the divine feminine.

Merin Eliz
@merin-eliz
2 years ago
100 posts

wow, you have seen so many snakes! I have just seen them in dreams an like once, a snake passing in front of where I was, it was a harmless green snake. But it was harmless so i didn't scream. But really, yours sound rally awesome although i'm sorry you had to scream every time. I'm sure I would do that too. I wasn't that into my faith, i mean in the religious path. I am spiritual but I wouldn't say I am religious, so I haven't had to have that much deprogramming. But lately I have started getting better with spirituality. :)

Merin Eliz
@merin-eliz
2 years ago
100 posts

But how do I know what they are waking me up from?

Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
The snakes may be chasing you because you are running from them. Turn around and face them. Things will become much clearer , even if bitten.
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
My totem is the Owl, but fell closer to the wolves. I let the whole forest guide me. They well let you know everything you need to know But , of course, I'm an animal Empath. Never met an Animal I didn't like...but spiders..don't care for them. I think , in my last life, I died falling off of a cliff with a spiders on me. Lol.
Debbie Winchell (Loving Dove)
@debbie-winchell-loving-dove
last year
49 posts

I think the cat I had who passed on is now watching over me.  The one time I had to drive in snow to work last winter, after I entered the office, I heard her meow. She had been gone for two years.  I have four little toy cat ducks sitting on my cubicle wall.  I keep coming in to see one turned around somehow, especially the morning after my neighbor who shares the wall was out.  I have dreams sometimes with Midnight in them and I end up playing with and petting kittens. Sometimes I pet her too.

Angel
@angel
10 months ago
603 posts

Even though I believe we have certain totems that are with us throughout life, we also have animals that come to us during certain times of our lives to help us out during certain situations. So, it sounds like the wolf is your actual or "life totem" but the snake has come now to ask you to pay attention to something specific in your life.

For example, my life totem is the Raven however, when we first bought our house we had alot of jumping spiders. I nicknamed them "Ninja spiders" because everytime I was near then they would come running towards me and try to jump on me. But if it were my husband,kids or anyone else that was nearby, they would run the opposite direction. Those things reminded me of arachnophobia,lol, but I knew they were trying to simply get my attention. I haven't seen them lately. So, even though the spiders aren't my designated spirit animal, they did come during a time of transition.

I am assuming the snake is probably doing the same.

Merin Eliz
@merin-eliz
10 months ago
100 posts

Angel:

Even though I believe we have certain totems that are with us throughout life, we also have animals that come to us during certain times of our lives to help us out during certain situations. So, it sounds like the wolf is your actual or "life totem" but the snake has come now to ask you to pay attention to something specific in your life.

For example, my life totem is the Raven however, when we first bought our house we had alot of jumping spiders. I nicknamed them "Ninja spiders" because everytime I was near then they would come running towards me and try to jump on me. But if it were my husband,kids or anyone else that was nearby, they would run the opposite direction. Those things reminded me of arachnophobia,lol, but I knew they were trying to simply get my attention. I haven't seen them lately. So, even though the spiders aren't my designated spirit animal, they did come during a time of transition.

I am assuming the snake is probably doing the same.

That makes sense. Yeah i've just recently started seeing snakes in my dreams. But do you have to see an animal for real for it to be a your totem? Because I haven't seen either wolf and snake for real.

Wow it must have been crazy with a lot of spiders. I mean usually I don't run from spiders But I sure would run in the opposite direction if spider was jumping on me. Laugh

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book