Guardian Angel, Spirit Guide, and Totem

To post a reply, login or signup

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

When I was really depressed as a young teen and was crying myself to sleep one night, I had a vision of my guardian angel and could feel her presence comforting me and her message was, "everything's going to be alright." She had a porcelain face and long, straight blond hair, was petite, wearing a light blue and white dress, and was about 10 years old. She did not speak but gave her message telepathically. I did not get her name, just the feeling that she was my guardian angel.

However, now that I'm 35, lol, is my guardian angel still that 10-year-old girl? I believe they can change how they appear to us to suit our preferences. I haven't had a recent vision of my guardian angel, but I did get the name of my spirit guide (Jennifer), who is about my age with long brown hair (kind of a Native American vibe). I learned recently in a book on the paranormal that spirit guides are our connection to the other side and they help us through this life. We have a soul contract with them from before we were born, to help guide us in this life, since we don't know (after we're born) how our life is supposed to turn out.

My spirit animal totem is the owl. I'm quiet, wise, and like to observe from a distance. I'm very introverted but full of wisdom from life experiences. I love the quiet presence of the owl. I sat under one unexpectedly one day and looked up to see it. I was very amazed and felt very blessed to cross paths with my totem.

updated by @lotusfly: 07/02/17 12:32:17PM
Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

hi @lotusfly your memory of meeting your guardian angel is beautiful! Im wondering what the difference between a guardian angel and a spirit guide is and how we might be able to tell the difference? 

I know from my experience I had a guide make himself know when i was about 9yrs old and he continued with me until i was 30yrs old (which in itself i find interesting as thats a 21yr period and i know cycles of 7's has some significance in terms of soul evolution and growth) at 30yrs he transitioned out and another guide came in, however it took about 12-18mths of her being "introduced" i guess is a way to describe it, to me before he left and she came in. I have another guide who has been there my whole life (is this maybe the difference in spirit angels and guides?) and he actually assisted in the transition between the 2..... so i feel yes they can change and will continue to change throughout life 

hope my experience helps shed some light on your question xx 

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

I got a question.  Do you think a spirit guide could or would take on the identity of someone that is still living so a person would be more comfortable?   Just say like a true friend from another time in life?   The reason I'm asking, when this spirit guide (or what I think is a spirit guide) appears, it's inform of someone I knew long ago that my soul was completely at peace around.  When it appears, I get overwhelmed and start crying during meditation because I feel so much peace and happiness at that point.    It's like everything lifts off of me and I'm at a perfect happy place.      

Just windering. 

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Rene'':

I got a question.  Do you think a spirit guide could or would take on the identity of someone that is still living so a person would be more comfortable?   Just say like a true friend from another time in life?   The reason I'm asking, when this spirit guide (or what I think is a spirit guide) appears, it's inform of someone I knew long ago that my soul was completely at peace around.  When it appears, I get overwhelmed and start crying during meditation because I feel so much peace and happiness at that point.   It feels like I'm in the presence of an angel.  It's like everything lifts off of me and I'm at a perfect happy place.      

Also, there is always a waterfall in the picture when it appears  

Just windering. 

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Does anyone know if a spirit animal or spirit animal totem can be a Mythical Being?

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Paul:

Does anyone know if a spirit animal or spirit animal totem can be a Mythical Being?

Paul:

i would think they are and I say this due to the wisdom involved of the animal.   I feel them as being just as strong as the guides due to my experiences.  I have actually been shown more by animals guides than I have "human like" guides.  The owl is my totem  animal but I relate so much to the wolf and deer.   But I have also seen though the eyes of a hawk while in flight.  

But im closer to animals then I am humans.  I'm attached to them in some kind of connection.   

I haven't been shown much from the owl yet.   But, maybe that's because we are related and I already know what and how it thinks.  Lol.  

updated by @rene: 11/14/16 08:22:43PM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

I have a random related question. I have never met an angel or spirit guide (as far as I know). But I did have an image of a man appear to me a few weeks back. I was meditating with some crystals and it was bedtime so I drifted off a bit. But I was still pretty aware and lucid. And I had the image appear of me looking down on a man who was standing in a forest clearing. It played out in my mind like a movie clip except there was no sound or words spoken. But I had the distinct feeling that this man was very important, powerful, and protective. I felt instantly happy and a bit in awe to see him but had no recollection of who he was and what he meant to me. He did not seem to notice me as it felt like I was invisible while watching him. His clothing looked different and was hard to place. He was wearing a green outfit that was some sort of cross between a lumberjack outfit and a kilt. 

I was meditating with amethyst, rose quartz, and citrine at the time. This image seemed too random and my emotional feelings too strong to be just a dream. Does anyone have any idea what that was about and who that may have been?

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Renee:

hi @lotusfly your memory of meeting your guardian angel is beautiful! Im wondering what the difference between a guardian angel and a spirit guide is and how we might be able to tell the difference? 

I know from my experience I had a guide make himself know when i was about 9yrs old and he continued with me until i was 30yrs old (which in itself i find interesting as thats a 21yr period and i know cycles of 7's has some significance in terms of soul evolution and growth) at 30yrs he transitioned out and another guide came in, however it took about 12-18mths of her being "introduced" i guess is a way to describe it, to me before he left and she came in. I have another guide who has been there my whole life (is this maybe the difference in spirit angels and guides?) and he actually assisted in the transition between the 2..... so i feel yes they can change and will continue to change throughout life 

hope my experience helps shed some light on your question xx 

Thank you, Renee. I didn't realize spirit guides can come and go throughout a person's life. But it makes sense that they can change as needed by the person. I would guess that the presence that has been with you your whole life is your guardian angel. My guides and angels appear to shape shift, depending on my needs at the time. But I think I actually only have one of each. Angel for comfort and protection, guide for advice and guidance. :)

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Rene'':

I got a question.  Do you think a spirit guide could or would take on the identity of someone that is still living so a person would be more comfortable?   Just say like a true friend from another time in life?   The reason I'm asking, when this spirit guide (or what I think is a spirit guide) appears, it's inform of someone I knew long ago that my soul was completely at peace around.  When it appears, I get overwhelmed and start crying during meditation because I feel so much peace and happiness at that point.    It's like everything lifts off of me and I'm at a perfect happy place.      

Just windering. 

Hi Rene, I think so :) I think they can shape shift to whatever form best suits the person.

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Paul:

I believe so, Paul. Some people can see mythical beings, so they likely still exist, in another realm. :)

updated by @lotusfly: 12/05/16 09:14:43PM
MysticAngel22
@mysticangel22
last year
16 posts

I believe that we have specific guides/angels/totem animals that follow us through life, but also feel that some will come and go throughout out life to help us during certain situations or transitions in our lives. My primary guardian Angel is a female named Abby. It's actually some weird long name I can't even pronounce so I shortened it:) But my main totem animal would be the raven, though I seem to have a connection to all birds.

Since we are dealing with higher realm spirits, I think that they will present themselves in forms that we can connect with and do believe they can shapeshift in ways that we feel comfortable with. So if your SG used to be a 10 year old girl, if you would still take and listen to her wisdom in this form, then she could stay the same way so you would recognize her, but since you are older now and she could come across as older as well. She probebly came to you a child form when you were young because in this form you may have felt more comfortable. You can do a meditaion to "meet your angels or guides and see if she comes forward. She probebly will and then you can see.

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

MysticAngel22:

I believe that we have specific guides/angels/totem animals that follow us through life, but also feel that some will come and go throughout out life to help us during certain situations or transitions in our lives. My primary guardian Angel is a female named Abby. It's actually some weird long name I can't even pronounce so I shortened it:) But my main totem animal would be the raven, though I seem to have a connection to all birds.

Since we are dealing with higher realm spirits, I think that they will present themselves in forms that we can connect with and do believe they can shapeshift in ways that we feel comfortable with. So if your SG used to be a 10 year old girl, if you would still take and listen to her wisdom in this form, then she could stay the same way so you would recognize her, but since you are older now and she could come across as older as well. She probebly came to you a child form when you were young because in this form you may have felt more comfortable. You can do a meditaion to "meet your angels or guides and see if she comes forward. She probebly will and then you can see.

I agree, MysticAngel. And thanks for the idea about a guided meditation.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
I am wondering about the difference between angels and guides too.
A few years ago I was going though a time when I was suicidal. I was in a bad car accident (not intentional) that had some strange things happen. The location where I crashed was notorious for no cell coverage, however, I looked down and my phone was lying next to me. I called my husband and was able to tell him where I was and that I probably needed to go to the hospital. At this time I didn't realize the seriousness of my injuries. My husband showed up and tried to use my phone...no cell service. The whole time all this
was going on I felt as if I were being held with the most loving, comforting hands. I was told (telepathically) that it is not my time to go and I need not be thinking about going. I felt so at peace and loved. By then police and first responders were there. Someone had went to a nearby house to call due to no cell service. All around everyone was so frantic...I kept telling them I would be ok. Something else I was told. I will never forget that incident. Everyone there said I should have died. After that day, my suicidal thoughts were gone. Someone was definitely there with me even though I didn't see him, I sure did feel him. To this day when I drive by that site I try my phone....no coverage.
Flash forward 7 years, during meditation, I inquired about the name of the entity there. Elam is his name, however, I am still not clear on if he is my angel or guide. Nevertheless I am forever greatful for him...he saved me that day.
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Cat Whisperer: I am wondering about the difference between angels and guides too. A few years ago I was going though a time when I was suicidal. I was in a bad car accident (not intentional) that had some strange things happen. The location where I crashed was notorious for no cell coverage, however, I looked down and my phone was lying next to me. I called my husband and was able to tell him where I was and that I probably needed to go to the hospital. At this time I didn't realize the seriousness of my injuries. My husband showed up and tried to use my phone...no cell service. The whole time all this was going on I felt as if I were being held with the most loving, comforting hands. I was told (telepathically) that it is not my time to go and I need not be thinking about going. I felt so at peace and loved. By then police and first responders were there. Someone had went to a nearby house to call due to no cell service. All around everyone was so frantic...I kept telling them I would be ok. Something else I was told. I will never forget that incident. Everyone there said I should have died. After that day, my suicidal thoughts were gone. Someone was definitely there with me even though I didn't see him, I sure did feel him. To this day when I drive by that site I try my phone....no coverage. Flash forward 7 years, during meditation, I inquired about the name of the entity there. Elam is his name, however, I am still not clear on if he is my angel or guide. Nevertheless I am forever greatful for him...he saved me that day.

Cat Whisperer,

That's a beautiful story. I think it was your angel because they seem to be more about protection and love, whereas guides are for guidance. Just my two cents :)

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
Thanks @Lotusfly. Since you mentioned that, you are probably right. I got the impression that he was an angel but I had never heard of any angels named Elam.
Funny about that accident, most people view something like that as a bad thing. I know, however, that it was something that I needed to experience at the time due to my state of mind. I had never felt such a loving, calmness that overcame me that day. I was in a state of bliss for hours after the accident. Really a blessing in disguise. My whole outlook in a lot of things changed that day. It was the start of my spiritual journey.
updated by @cat-whisperer: 12/09/16 06:07:40AM
Corey Easton
@corey-easton
last year
62 posts
That's crazy about the car crash incident, I went about 60 mph straight into a 6-8ft ditch, although I didn't hear any voices I felt a vibration in front of me and behind me hold me in place the only harm that was done to me was a concussion from the vibrations holding me into place my car was completely totaled and my passenger side door was crushed into the door behind me. Looking at the picture of my car there is no way I should be alive let alone have some serious life long injuries
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
11 months ago
410 posts

Cat Whisperer: Thanks @Lotusfly. Since you mentioned that, you are probably right. I got the impression that he was an angel but I had never heard of any angels named Elam. Funny about that accident, most people view something like that as a bad thing. I know, however, that it was something that I needed to experience at the time due to my state of mind. I had never felt such a loving, calmness that overcame me that day. I was in a state of bliss for hours after the accident. Really a blessing in disguise. My whole outlook in a lot of things changed that day. It was the start of my spiritual journey.

Hi CW,

Our guardian angels can be any name, not just the names of already known angels. :)

I was in a bad accident myself and although I don't recall it being as pleasant as you describe your experience, my soul left my body for a brief time so I wouldn't feel the pain (though I don't remember an out-of-body experience, just a lapse of time), and good things came from the accident (I quit smoking and my husband-at-the-time and I grew closer, plus other things I probably wasn't aware of but that led me to where I am today, like quitting school and my high-stress corporate job).

I believe everything happens for a reason, and sometimes it takes a catastrophic event to put things on the right path. :)

I feel blessed that you shared your personal story that started your spiritual journey. Thank you.

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
11 months ago
410 posts

Corey Easton: That's crazy about the car crash incident, I went about 60 mph straight into a 6-8ft ditch, although I didn't hear any voices I felt a vibration in front of me and behind me hold me in place the only harm that was done to me was a concussion from the vibrations holding me into place my car was completely totaled and my passenger side door was crushed into the door behind me. Looking at the picture of my car there is no way I should be alive let alone have some serious life long injuries

Corey,

That's an amazing story. It proves that there really are angels and divine forces at play in our world, that we are not alone. Thanks for sharing :)

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
11 months ago
726 posts
@lotusfly I searched his name. It's an old name, Hebrew in origin. It shows up in the Bible where the name is used to reference four different men so it must have been a common name back then. I feel blessed to know his name, so when he's there for me I can thank him by name 😉
Thanks for sharing your story and posting such a great topic 💖
updated by @cat-whisperer: 12/12/16 07:10:43PM
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
11 months ago
410 posts

Cat Whisperer: @lotusfly I searched his name. It's an old name, Hebrew in origin. It shows up in the Bible where the name is used to reference four different men so it must have been a common name back then. I feel blessed to know his name, so when he's there for me I can thank him by name 😉 Thanks for sharing your story and posting such a great topic 💖

@cat-whisperer, that's wonderful! And you're welcome <3 :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book