Sarah
Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

Tonight I went a little ways out of the city to a quite spot next to a river and a wild field. I did a prayer ritual where I wrote out a prayer on a piece of paper and burned it in a circle of stones. It felt really nice, especially on a chilly, snowy winter night with an almost full moon.

As soon as I started to set up, I saw a little fox run into the field. It immediately started calling. Another fox that I couldn't see because it was too dark answered. The whole time I did the ritual, they were calling each other. I even think a third fox in another field was calling as well. It might have been an echo off a nearby school, but I think there were three. It was lovely to hear them calling. I hope they weren't calling danger because I was there or anything, but whatever it was, it was neat.

I felt like this was a message of some kind. Does anyone have any insight on this?

updated by @sarah: 07/09/17 02:58:34AM
Sarah
Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

Weird, after I posted this, I dreamed about foxes and also of wolves.

Bill Walker
Bill Walker
@bill-walker
3 years ago
737 posts

I believe these are most likely your animal totems or guides that are present in nature when you are in a nature frame of mind. They were just saying hello in their own kind of way!

Sarah
Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

Thanks for these replies, Bill and Journey! Some of the things on the links really resonated with me. Last night I got a new deck of oracle cards and when I asked what direction I should go in the new year, I got a card that was the coyote (it felt like it meant the same thing as a fox and a wolf that I keep seeing and dreaming about). It was the trickster and said that it means to relax and be playful and have a sense of humor and things like that. Really, I think I do need to do that. I'm playful by nature, but I've had a hard and serious couple of years. I think getting back to the childlike nature of my own soul a bit more would be helpful in helping me move on from the hard things and step into my new life with joy.

Want to reply? Create an account here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book