Trying to make sense of an event in my life

To post a reply, login or signup

Sasha
@sasha
3 years ago
11 posts
I am a new member to EC, so please bear with me as I try to describe one of the many events that I have gone through but have no one to tal with about. Except now I do on EC! In the summer of 2012, I went on a silent retreat with a friend. The retreat was at a seminary about three states away. Our journey was good and we were not stressed a bit. One day in the sanctuary as I was praying, I felt very strange, anxious. I saw in my mind's eye an elderly man in overalls (I assumed he was a farmer because we were surrounded by corn fields.) I started to shake, not anxious anymore, I felt he needed my prayers and help. I was shaking though, why? It was almost like in my vision, he was like "will you help me?" Yes! Emphatically I thought this. I cpntinued with prayers and then in about twenty minutes, I was very peaceful, very content. I never told anyone, not even my friend. I am new, not to events, but to wanting to reach out and get some help as an empath-- still trying to find my way.
updated by @sasha: 07/07/17 05:23:58AM
Sasha
@sasha
3 years ago
11 posts
I re-read this and think I left out this important detail: I oydid think this person was "stuck" here. It wasn't said but I "knew" it.
inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi Sasha, most likely you were right about this gentleman. I have been seeing things like this all my life. Most likely the reason for the shaking was a slight fear of the "unknown." I have not had any fear since I was very young with any spirits I have seen. I have never picked up on any that could harm me. Some can be "grumpy" as I call it though. The one thing they all seemed to have in common is they wanted some help.

I have found if I just tell them it is okay for them to use my light to cross over most of them just go. They are drawn to us because we are a beacon of light to them. Some just need help to know it is okay to cross.

I hope this helps some. Dan : )

Sasha
@sasha
3 years ago
11 posts
Thanks for your reply. I do think perhaps I was quiet enough to be open to this man's plea. I am still learning a lot and trying to be present even though sometimes these events come out of the blue!
inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi Sasha, yes they do come out of the blue for sure, to start with. The more you become open to your abilities they seem to come more frequently, at least that is what I have noticed with myself and others. You may find the same with you. Again there is nothing to be afraid of either.

Dan : )

Sasha
@sasha
3 years ago
11 posts
Thanks, Dan. There is no reason to be afraid, but sometimes I think I scare myself! It comes from a lot of denial and trying to "fit in"....so much so that when events like this happen I feel a bit shocked and scared even though I absolutely know there's more than just this "reality."
inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi Sasha, you now have a place where you fit in, here in the EC. I think most all of us have felt this way. There is no need to live in denial anymore. In fact for me I have embraced my gifts, abilities and who I really am now. It is a wonderful feeling so why fight it. You have always felt reality now just go with it.

Dan : )

Jennifer
@jennifer
3 years ago
0 posts
Hi Sasha,Perhaps it was this particular gentlemans anxiety and shaking you experienced and it was not your own.Jennifer
Sasha
@sasha
3 years ago
11 posts

Yes, Jennifer, I think it might have been him. It was almost as if I was disconnected from the shaking or that on some level I expected it. I am hoping that I am more clear about things as I embrace some of these matters. Sasha

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book