My beautiful mom and my precious son

To post a reply, login or signup

Leslie
@leslie
5 years ago
14 posts

My son, Joey, overdosed on heroin and died in 2005. My mom went into full-blown dementia and health problems right after. I believe the grief at the loss of my son is what caused this. She passed in 2009. They were/are the most special people to me. My best friends. I still cannot believe I am left to go on without them both. 662_discussions.jpg

updated by @leslie: 03/04/17 08:25:53AM
onetrubeliever
@onetrubeliever
5 years ago
136 posts

Oh Leslie. I am so, so sorry for your losses. My heart is breaking just reading this. I can only imagine the pain you must be feeling. But, you must know that your precious son and mother are on the other side healing and enjoying their world. When they are ready, and if they so choose, they can come to you. Just talking about them and sharing them with us helps in your healing. There is nothing I can say to ease your sorrow. Just know I am here.

Kathy

Bing
@bing
5 years ago
547 posts

Hi Leslie

My beautiful step daughter passed at the age of ten three days before Christmas in 1982. The year before I lost my mom to a lengthy battle with cancer. Shortly after both of them passed they came to visit me and let me know that they were fine and in heaven. I know that your son and your mom are with them. The hardest part is getting from this day to the next and I want you to know that you will be added to my prayers. I am an angel person and Archangel Azrael is the one who guides souls to heaven and comforts the ones who are left behind. I have a topic "Angels" and a newly added topic called "Angel Stories" at the "Library of Inspiration" that you may find comforting. We also have a group that deals with the discussion of deceased relatives here at the EC as well. Know that you are loved.

Throw some love into the wind.

Bing

Leslie
@leslie
5 years ago
14 posts

Dear Diane,

I am so very sorry to hear about your son. That is a pain like no other. I think a shock like that changes us physiologically as well as mentally and emotionally. What surprised me was the intense anxiety that I experienced and still battle. I take medication for that as needed. Nothing helps completely, as you said, but it helps me function. Prayers for you also, dear heart. I am sorry we are both on this path.

Leslie

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book