My beautiful mom and my precious son

Leslie
Leslie
@leslie
6 years ago
15 posts

My son, Joey, overdosed on heroin and died in 2005. My mom went into full-blown dementia and health problems right after. I believe the grief at the loss of my son is what caused this. She passed in 2009. They were/are the most special people to me. My best friends. I still cannot believe I am left to go on without them both. 662_discussions.jpg

updated by @leslie: 09/05/18 08:46:40PM
Bing
Bing
@bing
6 years ago
550 posts

Hi Leslie

My beautiful step daughter passed at the age of ten three days before Christmas in 1982. The year before I lost my mom to a lengthy battle with cancer. Shortly after both of them passed they came to visit me and let me know that they were fine and in heaven. I know that your son and your mom are with them. The hardest part is getting from this day to the next and I want you to know that you will be added to my prayers. I am an angel person and Archangel Azrael is the one who guides souls to heaven and comforts the ones who are left behind. I have a topic "Angels" and a newly added topic called "Angel Stories" at the "Library of Inspiration" that you may find comforting. We also have a group that deals with the discussion of deceased relatives here at the EC as well. Know that you are loved.

Throw some love into the wind.

Bing

Leslie
Leslie
@leslie
6 years ago
15 posts

Dear Diane,

I am so very sorry to hear about your son. That is a pain like no other. I think a shock like that changes us physiologically as well as mentally and emotionally. What surprised me was the intense anxiety that I experienced and still battle. I take medication for that as needed. Nothing helps completely, as you said, but it helps me function. Prayers for you also, dear heart. I am sorry we are both on this path.

Leslie

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book