Ecila
Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
897 posts

One of the Buddhist practices is to spend a night in a graveyard meditating. I think if you did that you might have some interesting experiences. The purpose of it is to overcome fear of death, tho, not to contact the dead, but I've hear lots of interesting stories from people who have done that. I have a graveyard in my front yard (seriously) but never have heard from them (there are only 2 graves). I just assume they are resting in peace and have gone to where they need to be. You could do something respectful, like clean the graves or plant a flower near them. .. some kind of offering maybe.

There are some folks here who do contact the deceased and who might be more helpful. I dream of the deceased often but do not try to contact them while awake. I'm suspicious as to who it is that is actually contacting me and think that beings can take on any appearance they choose. I feel like if they want to say something to me they will show up in my dreams. I've only practised sending them away...not bringing them back!

Ecila
Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
897 posts

LOL...yea, I don't think I would want to do that, either!

Paul
Paul
@paul
3 years ago
920 posts

I personally would not like to meditate in a graveyard. But to each his own. I'm not afraid of death as is just moving on. But most folks just feed into the church lies and that is what really messes them up. I'm sorry but christianity as we know it is false. There is a true christ and I do not know his name but it is not jesus. I gravitate to Buddhism.

Ecila
Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
897 posts

I was talking Buddhism about the graveyard. It was done in early Buddhism in charnel grounds where the bodies are above ground, left to decompose uncovered. The idea was to realize the nature of impermanence. Ajahn Chah has talks on Youtube about when he did it and what he saw...pretty amazing. I don't know if i could handle meditating in a graveyard. I know I wouldn't like it!

Ecila
Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
897 posts

I agree with you completely. I used to have a think against Christianity, and some parts of it I still don't like and think are harmful in some ways, but people have a right to their own beliefs. It's also the only religion that many can understand, so it's all they have to help them through this world.

Nocturne's Angel
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
887 posts

The advice I would give you is to light a candle of your choice (one that resonates with you) & sit quietly, undisturbed by yourself be it in a room, outside, in a care, etc. & ask your great-gran to talk with you.

Explain to her how you would like to know that she is close to you, with you, etc. & if possible would she give you a way (a sign, etc.) so that you can feel confident & comforted that it's her with you (visiting you, etc.)

I do not recommend contacting spirits that you do not know, aren't related to, etc. because 1) you don't have the experience to assist them, etc. should the need arise, 2) you would be disturbing them for your own desires, wants, etc. & I don't feel that anyone (myself included) has that right.

When we connect with loved ones they usually do not mind, however trying to connect with others for no real reason except to see if we can isn't a nice thing to do (in my opinion.)

I do Mediumship Readings, but I make sure that the person I am doing the reading for has a direct connection to the deceased, otherwise I decline to assist him/her.

Best wishes on your path & your journey <3

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book