How can I contact spirits?

To post a reply, login or signup

BlueMoon
@bluemoon
2 years ago
1 posts

I don't think I've ever seen the deceased. But I think I would like to. There is a cemetery very close to my house, and my neighbours havea grave in their garden. It's hidden, but you can still see it.

Apparently, the lady was the wife of the man there. She wanted to be buried with her chickens. I like her just from hearing that.

So, with all these spirits very close, would it be possible to contact any of them? Or could I speak with my great-gran, who died a few years ago? How does it work?

I don't want to be nosy, or look into the lives of these people. Promise. But maybe I could just say I'm there. Would that be OK?

updated by @bluemoon: 07/02/17 01:34:58PM
Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

One of the Buddhist practices is to spend a night in a graveyard meditating. I think if you did that you might have some interesting experiences. The purpose of it is to overcome fear of death, tho, not to contact the dead, but I've hear lots of interesting stories from people who have done that. I have a graveyard in my front yard (seriously) but never have heard from them (there are only 2 graves). I just assume they are resting in peace and have gone to where they need to be. You could do something respectful, like clean the graves or plant a flower near them. .. some kind of offering maybe.

There are some folks here who do contact the deceased and who might be more helpful. I dream of the deceased often but do not try to contact them while awake. I'm suspicious as to who it is that is actually contacting me and think that beings can take on any appearance they choose. I feel like if they want to say something to me they will show up in my dreams. I've only practised sending them away...not bringing them back!

BlueMoon
@bluemoon
2 years ago
1 posts

Hmm...

Not sure what my Mum would say ifI decided to do the Buddhist thing. But I'm sure I can do the others.

Thank you!

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

LOL...yea, I don't think I would want to do that, either!

Paul
@paul
2 years ago
916 posts

I personally would not like to meditate in a graveyard. But to each his own. I'm not afraid of death as is just moving on. But most folks just feed into the church lies and that is what really messes them up. I'm sorry but christianity as we know it is false. There is a true christ and I do not know his name but it is not jesus. I gravitate to Buddhism.

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

I was talking Buddhism about the graveyard. It was done in early Buddhism in charnel grounds where the bodies are above ground, left to decompose uncovered. The idea was to realize the nature of impermanence. Ajahn Chah has talks on Youtube about when he did it and what he saw...pretty amazing. I don't know if i could handle meditating in a graveyard. I know I wouldn't like it!

BlueMoon
@bluemoon
2 years ago
1 posts

Well, I am Christian. My Mum is Pagan, but my Grandparents had more influence. Because of the mix in religions, I tend to havea very open mind. I'll be honest, I'm not 100% sure what I believe. However, I do think that a part of all religions is true. It's not just one that is betterthan all the others.

Also, some Christians say that all people of other religions will be punished, but I disagree. I don't think that's fair, as some people never get the opportunity to change their religion. Just as I don't know enough about other beliefs to be a Sikh or Muslim, others might not know Christianity. I think the thing that really matters is how you act. If someone can love in every situation, I don't care what they believe. Besides, I don't know any religion that requires people to hate.

And I wont be meditating in a graveyard anytime soon!

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

I agree with you completely. I used to have a think against Christianity, and some parts of it I still don't like and think are harmful in some ways, but people have a right to their own beliefs. It's also the only religion that many can understand, so it's all they have to help them through this world.

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
2 years ago
867 posts

The advice I would give you is to light a candle of your choice (one that resonates with you) & sit quietly, undisturbed by yourself be it in a room, outside, in a care, etc. & ask your great-gran to talk with you.

Explain to her how you would like to know that she is close to you, with you, etc. & if possible would she give you a way (a sign, etc.) so that you can feel confident & comforted that it's her with you (visiting you, etc.)

I do not recommend contacting spirits that you do not know, aren't related to, etc. because 1) you don't have the experience to assist them, etc. should the need arise, 2) you would be disturbing them for your own desires, wants, etc. & I don't feel that anyone (myself included) has that right.

When we connect with loved ones they usually do not mind, however trying to connect with others for no real reason except to see if we can isn't a nice thing to do (in my opinion.)

I do Mediumship Readings, but I make sure that the person I am doing the reading for has a direct connection to the deceased, otherwise I decline to assist him/her.

Best wishes on your path & your journey <3

MintyEmpathy
@mintyempathy
2 years ago
157 posts
I thought i was an medium because of this strange blue flashes i see no one else says they have experinced it on blogs and other sites my mum thought i was talking aout floaters then she was like you must have weird eyes i don't understand it i normmaly trigger more when i am near light staring at it like lying in the sun with the heat on me i see it anywere i don't know ????? Lol well i know this guy who lives near a graveyard i find it a bit weird to be honest but my dads house is sureley filled with spirits we use to think it was huanted :p
MintyEmpathy
@mintyempathy
2 years ago
157 posts
Like moving flashes not camera flash i feel nothing of it exepct when i was very nervous for school on sunday i felt nervous for the blue instead of school then i felt happy that i was not as nervous due to worrying about the blue and i made me even happy that it may of been doing this so then i felt happy about my ability and did not feel nervous about the blue it must of been the blue my worried tougts we projected on the blue its not normal for me to be worrying About an experince know who else has i feel proud and if i hear others who have it i feel sad knowing my ability is not rare and unquie we shouldn't feel worried about are strange experinces as they may be your abilities and if someone else has it then in a a there like you don't think everyone or 50 % have experinced What you have we are all unique and should not be afraid and ruin it for others say everyone else has it not trying to say that in a rude way but i belive only around a couple thousand people have the ability to stop time I don't understand why people seem so relived when they say thank god you experince this too???!!?

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book