Tarot Cards

To post a reply, login or signup

Le'
@le
6 years ago
9 posts

Hi everyone.

I have a quick question for you. I have a set of tarot cards that belonged to my husband and he died several years ago. For some reason when I pick them up or handle them I get the feeling that I shouldn't be doing anything with them at all.

Is this just me and possibly memories of him or should I do something with them ?

I do not know a lot about tarot cards so do I need to dispose of in some way or clean them in a respectful way before I dabble with them ?

Thank you for any info you can provide.

updated by @le: 07/13/17 12:31:17AM
Phyllis
@phyllis
6 years ago
37 posts

I would clear them before using them yourself. Tarot cards belong to the user and the user only. Just run them through the smoke of white sage, while handling each of them and ask your husband to support you with their use.

Le'
@le
6 years ago
9 posts

Thank you.

I thought it might be something like that needed.

I have white sage growing in my yard for cleansing and prayer.

Bill Walker
@bill-walker
6 years ago
729 posts

Tarot cards aren't really all that expensive, I think that I would just buy a new deck. Just my opinion!

Le'
@le
6 years ago
9 posts

I have no problem buying a new deck.. but do I just toss the old one in the garbage? Send it off to the thrift store? or leave it on the bus stop bench?

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
6 years ago
867 posts

The proper way of disposing of Tarot Cards is to burn them or bury them, cloth and all.

If you consider them basically a tool and not to be revered or sacred,

thenthat would be your decision should you choose to do something else.

My question :

When you found them, where they covered in cloth, etc. ?

If so that to me would suggest that your husband considered them sacred.

If so then I would properly dispose of them, but again that is just my opinion.

If you get the feeling that using this particular deck isn't right for you, then I would

suggest properly disposing of it.

I hope this helps,

Josette

Le'
@le
6 years ago
9 posts

He had not used them for quite some time. They are in a box, not covered by cloth.

I just do not wish to get out of balance with the universe by doing something that could bring down on me some kind of problem for not disposing of them a way that I should.

I would have no problem burning them and scattering the ashes in the yard. Somehow that feels OK to me.

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
6 years ago
867 posts

"I would have no problem burning them and scattering the ashes in the yard. Somehow that feels OK to me."

If that is what resonates right with you then I suggest doing that.

Huggs,

Josette

Le'
@le
6 years ago
9 posts

Yes I will.

Thank you for the help.

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
6 years ago
867 posts

You're welcome.

Take care,

Josette

Le'
@le
6 years ago
9 posts

Well, this house and property are his most prized possession.

The house is a rock house built in 1932. Hand made of river rock (boulders) with a lot of things that were used in a "make do" manner... like a tractor wheel forming the round openings in the attic that let air circulate in there.

Nothing in the house is plum, or straight. the kitchen is 12 feet long, and 8' 2" wide on one end 8'4' wide on the other. The windows are the same way so custom made glass and frames are needed. My husband made two stain glass windows to go on either side of the fireplace. He also made the deck in back and plastered all the rooms in the house. We were about to finally remodel the kitchen when he was killed.

Right after he died everything started to fall apart. Within the first month, the fence fell over, a pipe was broken in the bathroom flooding it, another pipe was broken under the house compromising the foundation. I couldn't keep up. Finally took some of his crystals and anchored the four corners of the property and put the largest one under the house in the center.

No more problems since then. Other than the ghosts who live here. One of whom is him.

He was cremated. So it really does seem right to burn the tarot cards and return them to him here on his property. Feels right for both the cards, and him.

Phyllis
@phyllis
6 years ago
37 posts

At the risk of sounding a bit crazy. You could tell him your intentions and then gauge how you feel afterward. He may wish you to use them with his blessings. The extra energy may be a good thing?

Just a thought? If you still feel burning them is the right thing to do, then I would do that for sure. No matter what you ultimately choose, it has to feel right to you.

Love and light, Phyl

Le'
@le
6 years ago
9 posts

Many years ago I was raising two sons by myself, when wages for women without much education, were less than a dollar an hour. Iworked nights in a circle K , (quick stop type) store from 11 PM to 7 AM. It paid more for those hours.

I soon learned to "read" the people who came into the store, and to trust my gut.

Saved my life on more than oneoccasion.

Now I always trust myself in that way and don't even try to explain it to others. As you said if it doesnt feel right, it isnt. And I do not ever doubt that any more.

Le'
@le
6 years ago
9 posts

My husbands birthday and mine are both in March. So the full moon that month is on March 8th.

That is when I will burn the cards and scatter the ashes in the yard.

I will start with the four corners and the center under the house to make thosecrystalsalready there stronger.

The last of them will go around the big oak tree in the front yard where more of the stones he and I collected over the years are in a rock garden there.

He is here with this house and often does things to let me know his 2 cents worth.

Some of us are used to living with ghosts. LOL

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
6 years ago
867 posts

Thank you for sharing such a very private and personal part of yourself here with all of us.

Your comment about living with ghosts made me smile.

My grandfather always used to say not to fear the dead, but to fear the living.

As I grow older, I find that to be sound advice :)

I wish you and your family well along Life's Journey :)

Huggs,

Josette

Le'
@le
6 years ago
9 posts

Thank you for the wishes.

grandfathers are wonderful. Mine taught me so many good things that have helped me get through life.

Now I am old enough to be a grandmother .. and even a great grandmother..LOL

Life is wonderful and full of so many interesting things. I think the best thing is that I really know who I am now and am not afraid of telling the truth about myself and if others don't like that or wish to judge me.. so be it..LOL

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book