Strange face in the mirror illusion?

To post a reply, login or signup

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/staring

Have any of you tried this? Is it safe? What were your experiences? I'm curious - but wary.

updated by @flyrobinfly: 07/03/17 03:38:16AM
Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

Hi Doorma. I just put up a different link.

Apparently if you stare into a mirror (40 cms away, in a dim light) after about a minute, your face will change into other faces?

People are seeing various things and some people are seeing scary images? I found all this out yesterday when I went looking for a name for the 'morph monster' phenonenon that we were discussing yesterday.

And some people werecommenting that they can get the same effect from staring into the eyes of another person for a long time?

I'd just be interested in opinions on the subject seeing as some people apparently claim that mirrors can be portals?

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

There is a lot you can do with mirrors but I haven't gotten to that point yet. Franz Bardon talks in detail about them (or magic mirrors) in Initiation to Hermetics, but he waits until step 8 or 9 (near the end of the book, which takes forever to get through if you do all the exercises). I read over it but not sure if I want to go there for a while. That is an interesting link, though! If you try it, let us know:)

"I want, once and for all, *not* to know many things. Wisdom sets limits to knowledge too."

Friedrich Nietzsche from Twilight of the Idols

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

Cool research topic! Interesting how the eyes can play tricks on the mind.

Although, my own reflection can be pretty scary sometimes...LOL.

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

Like the energy gets shifted around, yea, I get the same feeling. I cover them in my bedroom, too. Feng Shui all the way.

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

It's sometimes used as an exercise in psychic workshops. It's similar to when you go to sleep and turn off the lights, if you keep your eyes open for awhile and soften your gaze, you'll see faint images - it's a hypnagogia state (transitional state from wakefulness to sleep).

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

Have you always felt that things were off or did things feel off after you began purchasing the mirrors or after other things, etc. ? If it's due to instances when you've brought in certain items you may want to remove or get rid of the item or items and cleanse afterward to see if it helps.

You can also try contacting John Zaffis for assistance.

http://www.johnzaffis.com/#!__help

I have a different perspective on mirrors but that's because I work with them, so I guess in my opinion they should be used with respect, with caution & definitely not to be dabbled with or played with, etc.

I also agree with Snake Medicine.

From personal experience & from my SO's experience, when looking into a Looking Glass you will see & experience many things.

My best advice would be to not open up the door if you aren't prepared to face the reality that comes forward.

You might want to look into Feng Shui to assist you with the proper placement of mirrors to bring you more comfort.

There should be some articles here on the EC, if not you can take a look at this website:

http://www.panditgopalsharma.com/

I love this man's work.

In my opinion he knows his stuff.

He sticks to the Ancient Teachings & doesn't pull any punches.

His writings on Mirrors & also Gemstones for Healing are phenomenal (in my opinion.)

He teaches many things that I learned as a child but that is all but lost in today's teachings & society; so to be able to read the information through someone else's experiences & point of view is very refreshing.

Best Wishes <3

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

Yes, I agree :) My boyfriend did that at a Shamanism Retreat.

He still practices the exercise:

He lights a candle, sits in front of a mirror & watches as his face morphs & then he watches the different versions of himself step out of the mirror.

Have great week <3

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

Have you worked with black mirrors?

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

I haven't, either. That was what I was mainly talking about above. Was just wondering if anyone else had tried it.

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

Yes I have.

I haven't had any bad experiences, but as I mentioned previously I work with mirrors.

I'm not sure what your question is or what exactly you are looking for concerning black mirrors?

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

I don't have a specific question for you, Nocture, but thanks for asking. If I decide to give it a try, I'll check in with you.

Bill Walker
@bill-walker
3 years ago
729 posts

I have a little bit different out look on mirrors then what is talked about in this string, but don't get me wrong this is fascinating reading. My perspective is that it isn't really the mirror that is causing the changes of perspective from the viewer. In my opinion it's the observer having her/his energy reflected back upon their consciousness that is causing these changes and distortions. I guess the short answer is, it's not the mirror per se it's you that is causing the phenomenon. You are constantly changing the universe that surrounds you on a moment by moment instance but with the mirror you are re-projecting your own energy back onto/into your own consciousness. I'll have to give this some more thought, but this a very interesting topic.

A black mirror is as simple as using a black bowl filled with water, if anyone is unaware of what a black mirror is, it would be like using a crystal ball with a black background behind it. These are only tools for being able to focus the users inner abilities that skeptics don't believe exist to extract future events or inforamtion.

And one last thought here, when you're using the black mirror method of trying to perceive the future, it's your energy that is being used to sense future events by being able to translate frequencies that are around all of us all of the time.

snarly
@snarly
3 years ago
23 posts

Is it Safe like you don't know the answer to your question. your using the mirror as a conduit to open a doorway to a place you know nothing about. Its not about the Mirror its about the Intent. If you go looking for trouble chances are you will find it. sorry mate but think it through to were it leads. It leads to dark places you may never come back from. Your gift your skills they aint a toy. sorry if abrupt but somtimes things need to be put out there, peace and blessings be with you Snarly.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book