Sensing

To post a reply, login or signup

The Importance of Being Jonny
@the-importance-of-being-jonny
2 years ago
794 posts

Hi

For the last couple of years, I've been thinking of people and seeing or hearing from them hours later and this happens all the time. So often that I am able to differentiate between what is a random thought and what is me sensing someone I am about to see. I'd simply like to know what it is that I am doing. Is it telepathic in nature? Clairvoyant? I joke at work that I summon people with my thoughts cuz I always seem to bring them to me after I thought about them. I would really like to know the name of what this is. I simply call it sensing people.

If I haven't seen the person I thought about in a while, I know that means I will see them within the next couple of days and this is one of my abilities and it's actually something I have control over based on the fact that I know. When it first started happening, I had two moments that were very supernatural in nature based on the amount of time since I last saw one person and the other who I saw on a bus when she said it wasn't her.

The first friend Nicole, it had been 3 years or so since I last saw her on campus and one day after school waiting for the bus, she crossed my mind. No reason why, she just popped up on my radar. A few minutes later, I see her walking into campus across the street. I was stupefied because I didn't know what was happening and my naive former self thought that was the hugest coincidence ever.

The second time this happened it was about a friend named Krystal who I hadn't seen in years since we last had class together. I assumed she graduated and moved onto another college campus. That day, not only did I see her with my own two eyes on a very crowded bus, but moments later, I turned around to see her standing behind me. I was flabbergasted! I just thought of her AND I'm positive I saw her on that bus. I asked her if she was on that bus just now and she said no. I was so confused because I didn't know what this was or why it was happening. Sensing people is one thing, but what did I see on that bus if it wasn't her? Was it some sort of psychic echo or projection where I saw her someplace before I actually saw her face to face?

Ever since those two days, I have been intent on finding out more of what this is that I am doing, its name and how I can control it better.

Jonny

updated by @the-importance-of-being-jonny: 07/05/17 01:34:05PM
Maria
@maria
2 years ago
136 posts

Hi Jonny,

The most common concept among humankind is that time is linear but our own experiences and science have support of non-linear time. Try this definition on for size -

precognition

prkniSH()n/

noun

noun: precognition; plural noun: precognitions

1. foreknowledge of an event, especially foreknowledge of a paranormal kind.

2 years ago
794 posts

That's what's happening to me? I never thought of precognition in this manner as it only happens when I see people or hear from them later on. Huh. Wow. Thank you. Do you have any insight on why I saw Krystal on that bus when it wasn't her? I'm positive it wasn't even someone that LOOKED like her. It was HER.

Maria
@maria
2 years ago
136 posts

Hi Jonny,

There are unanswered pieces to your bus puzzle with your friend Krystal. It doesn't sound like the 2 of you interacted on the bus or that she got off with you (after being right behind you). That leads me to call it a projection of seeing her later because a projection would not interact with you. As you said "I was flabbergasted" so in that moment it was hard for you to make sense of what had happened.

This sounds a bit strange to say but the more you accept things, the easier they are to understand. To clarify that statement for the times that you may see things that you might dislike or disagree with. It is about accepting the experience not necessarily the details. Accepting what you are experiencing lowers your emotional response so that you can take it all in and digests or analogize it. In that way, you can respond in the best way possible,

Precognition is a great gift, be easy on yourself and enjoy it!

2 years ago
794 posts

I only seem to have precognitive moments in dreams and the few times I have them in my wakened state, it was only about my seeing or hearing from someone. I knew this word but I had never used it in relation to me and my experiences but using it now, I see things in a different light. It's like a weight has been lifted cuz I guess I relied on seeing in my sleep, but it happens while I am awake now. It makes me prouder to be what I am.

My decision to question what was happening happened after I learned of my grandmother's death. About 3 days prior, I was thinking of her the way that I do when I tend to see people later on and I had every intention to call her last weekend. She was on my mind and I needed to reach out. I got caught up in business and last Saturday evening, I got the call from my sister that our grandma had died. I was in shock twofold because I kept saying how I was gonna call her. I was gonna call her! And the second half of the shock came with the realization that it happened again, though, I wasn't going to hear from my grandmother, I was going to hear of her passing. I was slightly unnerved by the synchronicity of what had happened. At the moment I got the call, I was also in the middle of writing a Facebook status about my precognitive thoughts. As I was learning the news, I erased it and closed down. I was a blank slate and numb. I don't blame myself or feel guilty for not calling her, but part of me wishes I had acted on that precog moment prompting me to call her. I heard that she was reminiscing with my sister and mom the day before she died. A moment I missed out on. This just tells me that I should slow down and listen to what my senses are telling me. I get so caught up in life that I miss out on other things.

Maria
@maria
2 years ago
136 posts

You never miss out when you have gained wisdom. : )

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book