Can something in my dream follow me into consciousness?

To post a reply, login or signup

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
I thought about adding this to the dreams group but I think here is better. Last night I had a strange dream and in it I saw something dark approaching my best friend and me. I quickly threw up what I call my "shield of light" to protect us. This is something I do in real life when I sense something bad is near. I basically connect to source energy and let light flow out from my body, as if I were a lightbulb. I then tell whatever is there that I'm protected by the light and love of source and that it needs to move on. It's worked for me so far.Anyways, at that point I woke up. And when I woke my room was freezing. I had the window in my living room open and so I got up to close it thinking that was the cause. But when I left my room I realized the living room and the rest of my house was much warmer than my bedroom. I closed the window and went back to lay down. Then I got that feeling that something bad was there again. I curled up close to my dog and wrapped us in a blanket. Then I threw up my shield of light and told it to go away. Thankfully it worked. But it left me with questions. Is it possible whatever was in my dream followed me into my waking state in my bedroom? Does anyone have any idea what could have done that? Any answers would be much appreciated.
updated by @emmy-long: 07/11/17 03:31:58AM
Maria
@maria
2 years ago
136 posts

I know this isn't a comforting statement to open with but maybe you sensed something was about and protected yourself and the pup even in your sleep state. Sounds to me like you did a good job taking care of business. I think that just like in the 3 dimensional world, we have people we sense bad stuff from. So it is with the unseen. I would smudge my living space and ask my angelic forces to show me a sign or tell where it came from.

Janett Niemi
@janett-niemi
2 years ago
86 posts

Have you ever been psychically attacked? I believe that this is what was going on and you did a WONDERFUL job protecting yourself.

Everything is made up of energy and what you are thinking reflects out into the world, negatively or positively. There are some people who are masters at manipulating energy.

A psychic attack is just someone sending out negative energy, consciously or unconsciously, with the intention of causing harm emotionally, spiritually or physically. Unconsciously-someone is so mad at you that they are really thinking bad thoughts about you...Consciously-someone is sending you bad, negative thoughts trying to inflict fear and pain. We Empaths are very susceptible to psychic attacks and it can really affect us.

When I have been psychically attacked at night, I awaken frightened and it runs pretty much like what happened to you. If I am psychically attacked during the day, I suddenly begin to feel tired, I mean SO tired that I am drained. My muscles are dead, I can barely move and it takes me a while to discover what is happening to me.

You did the right thing by putting on your "God's cloak of white light" or "God's shield of white light." That protects you, though it is still a earth shaking experience. Not only does it make you feel scared (like the boogie man has entered the room) but it leaves you wondering how anyone could feel so threatened by you to out send such negative, frightening energy. Sometimes it is just best to recognize that there are people out there who are evil and let it go at that. Do not feed it more energy, because that is where it draws it's power.

Sending you lots of love and protection.

-janett-

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

I feel like it is more likely that you encounter in your dreams what's already present, but I guess that could work both ways...really...I see both sides as the same. We are more open to the "other" while sleeping. What you did is basically what I do, but sometimes I also flood the whole bedroom or house with light and burn some incense. I've gotten to the point that if I have bad dreams too often I will communicate that I need them to let me know the message more clearly or leave me alone and let me sleep.

What it could be...there are so many things that it could be but most likely it is an emotion that belongs to you. Sometimes I get visitations but they are never dark or ugly. I have found it impossible to classify entities although I tried to do that once. I've decided to just have compassion for them all as long as they don't bother me. Wish them well and tell them to leave you alone:)

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Oh my goodness. Haha. Yes it makes more sense that it was there in my room and I sensed it in my dream rather than following me out of my dream. The theory that it is negative energy coming from another person could certainly be the case. I had a negative interaction with an ex the day before I had that experience. I ran into him and tried to say hello and be nice (it's been 4 years so I figured he wouldn't mind if I said hello). Well he did mind and he was pretty rude in letting me know he didn't have any interest in saying hello back. And it also makes sense that it could have been coming from within me. I was pretty angry at how he treated me but I refused to be rude back because I think everyone deserves to be treated kindly and with compassion. Who knows his reasons for still being so angry with me, so I kept it inside, told him to have a nice day, and walked away.So I guess I don't have any answers for what it was. But I'm reassured to know others have had similar experiences and have done things similar to what I do and get positive results. At least I know the solution! :)
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
That's interesting. So you think it's something from a past life?
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Do you know how to fix it? Or even if it's possible?

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book