Annabelle The Movie

To post a reply, login or signup

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

Has anyone seen or plan to go see this movie yet?

updated by @nocturnes-angel: 07/24/17 01:23:34AM
WindWolf
@windwolf
3 years ago
117 posts
I haven't seen it nor do I plan on seeing it.
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

I went & can say in my opinion that you aren't missing anything.

But I for some reason didn't realize that it is apparently the sequel/prequel to The conjuring which I didn't go to see.

Had I known that was going to be the story line that they were going with I certainly wouldn't have went.

Though I didn't like the movie, "As Above So Below" either so I'm not sure if I just expect too much out of the movies or what.

Have a wonderful weekend,

Josette

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

Hi cassandra,

Yes they do have the original Annabelle doll but that's about all that is true & the story about the nurses speaking with the Warrens which is shown for about 2 minutes in this movie & I believe it was also shown in the Conjuring, but they made the doll in the movie a really Hollywood Version of a Collectible Doll instead of the Raggedy Ann Doll & they made up a story about how the doll ended up haunted, what the doll did, etc.

I went thinking they were going to actually talk about the real doll & story & it wasn't at all so I was disappointed.

Have a wonderful weekend,

Josette

Maria
@maria
3 years ago
136 posts

Hi Nocturne's Angel,

Ed and Lorraine Warren (now it's just Lorraine) have been advertising themselves as the USA's premiere demonologist and ghost hunters since the 1950's. As time and their cases worn on, they gravitated more and more to basking in the celebrity with it's attention, fame and money. People like a good scare and the Warren's were willing to pander to the fear and panic that brought in the attention and money.

I don't think they have done the study of the paranormal any flavors and Lorraine will probably parade out the other items in her basement horror show for more movies.

I guess it's more than obvious that I'm not a fan!

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

Hi Maria,

As I mentioned, I was disappointed but I didn't like As Above So Below either due to it being done basically the same way as this movie.

But Hollywood is Hollywood, so go figure.

Have a wonderful weekend :)

Maria
@maria
3 years ago
136 posts

Ditto, Nocturne's Angel : )

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

That reminds me of an old Night Gallery show about a doll. I don't know if this is the right one, but it is about a doll and you might get a kick out of it:) It scared me to death when I was little...Looks like it is the third story in this clip....http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7mhqs_night-gallery-pamela-s-voice-lone-s_shortfilms

I think I will skip the Annabelle movie.

Bill Walker
@bill-walker
3 years ago
729 posts

Yea, I really have no intention of seeing Annabelle I have enough real events in my own lifetime to ponder about beyond the imaginations of others who are just trying to create a scare factor. On a different note, wouldn't it be great if we could create a documentary club/group that could research and film real stories without all of the hype?

Again, some of the things that have happened in my life are just as incredible and unknown as anything that anyone could write as fiction, which of course is why I belong to this site!

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

I'll definitely skip the movie. I am a firm believer that beings reside within objects. Possibly from our own projections and other beings, I remember reading Seth, who had a friend that lived a lifetime as a vase.

What's really disturbing about the story is that the original doll is a raggedy ann. The creation of the raggedy ann and the stories about her, are all about love; after all, she does have the heart. To this day, the ownership of raggedy ann is still with the author's family and they are a testament to the love the author had for his daughter, Marcella; for whom the stories revolve around and who died while still a young girl.

I just find the whole thing freaky - and annoying. A possessed barbie doll wouldn't surprise me in the least, but not a raggedy ann.

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

I believe that.

I am a doll collector but I believe that anything can pick up the emotions of the builder, the owner, etc.

I also know that dolls are quite accessible a a divination portal due to the intense nature it shares with its owners, etc.

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

I remember when we were considered Esoteric, nowadays everything is tossed into the Paranormal Label, kind of insulting (smile), since instead of being revered as our paths used to be considered, now we are considered "abnormal" & all of a sudden everyone wants to be involved & then they complain when something goes wrong.

I keep saying that maybe I would view things differently if I were blinded by those rose colored glasses, but I don't know (I can't imagine looking at the world with that persona past a certain age.)

I guess Hollywood will keep doing its thing as long as people continue to want to be entertained, but I really miss Stephen King, Quentin Tarantino & Wes Craven.

If I want Horror it definitely isn't going to be based on "Paranormal Reality".

Have a Phenomenal Week :)

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

One of the things that bothered me about the movie is that the only part that was actually based on the Warrens & the actual doll were the very beginning (about 1 minute or so) & the closing 2 minutes or so.

People who didn't even know that it was based on a real doll (until the last couple of minutes) were actually complaining & wanting refunds because they didn't get scared enough.

It was a mess.

Have a wonderful week :)

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

Hi Bill,

I think that would be a fantastic idea :)

Heck I remember when the Ghost Whisperer Producer used to come here to get his insights, etc. for the TV Show.

Have a great week :)

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

I remember that show.

Thanks for the clip :)

Have a lovely week :)

Maria
@maria
3 years ago
136 posts

Oh, thanks so much Pat-Starbridge, for a reminder of the wonderful story of Raggedy Ann. I agree that Barbie would have been perfect for the part. Now Chatty Cathy as Talking Tina on the Twilight Zone was a good fit.

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

Oh God, I forgot about Chatty Cathy - you're right!

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

I also collect (not as much as I use to). And you're right, sometimes when I pick up a doll, I put it right back down. There's just something that feels wrong about it. That intense nature is very much still there; the same can be said for cars. Think about how attached people get to their cars. Also, antique jewelry or metal. Someone once mailed me a couple of medallions from a friend that was on a holy pilgrimage. Dang, if we didn't have two ghosts attached.

I'd be interested in what you can share about dolls as a divination portal?

Maria
@maria
3 years ago
136 posts

I thought I would go in reverse and list the movies that I enjoyed that dealt with the subject of spirit and or death.

Stir of Echoes
The lovely bones
The gift
Sixth sense
What dreams may come
Flatliners

I love a good film and would love to hear what others thought was a good view

~ to have Peace, you have to have Love

Dice
@dice
3 years ago
284 posts

Oldie but a goodie.. for me anyway Lady in White.

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

The Fountain comes to mind...beautiful movie about death and rebirth. Resurrection was good, too, about a lady who can heal others. Also, the HBO series "Carnivale" was excellent and had a bit of everything, psychics, healers, tarot, battle between good and evil, you name it.

This one might be off topic, but the old "Millennium" tv show was really intense, about a psychic profiler. It used to give me nightmares but I loved it. I always liked the old horror flicks but some of the new ones are too extreme for me and I can't get them off my mind for weeks after watching them. I too miss Stephen King!

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

Love, What dreams may come!

I'm going to include an old black/white film - The Uninvited (1944) It has nothing to do with the 2009 horror film of the same name.

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

I don't watch too much horror stuff but every time autumn comes around, I think of the opening scenes of the first Halloween movie with Jamie Lee Curtis walking down the street with the autumn leaves, and there's that soundtrack playing.

Also, I want to include the movie Signs; which is not really a horror film, sort of in it's own category. The suspense is great and I love the message of; do we look at life as a series of random events or see everything as signs.

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

Signs was good...Along those lines, have you seen the Nicolas Cage movie, Knowing? I loved that one. Cage has a lot of interesting movies that deal with supernatural.

I can't do slasher movies at all.That Jason movie got to me. Others that got to me were The Ring and Interview with a Vampire. I could not get the images out of my head for weeks.

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

Haven't seen Knowing.

I understand what you mean; once an image is in my head - it's there. Even still photos. I have an acquaintance who I might unfriend on FB, she posts lots of really awful photos, that are past horror and moving towards depravity. She keeps saying that she loves Halloween; well I do too. I love the time of year, I love the meaning and symbolism behind it. But the real meaning gets lost in all the slasher and torture stuff.

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

I think you can unfollow someone without unfriending them. At least, I have been doing that a lot lately.

Dice
@dice
3 years ago
284 posts

Like Knowing

Dice
@dice
3 years ago
284 posts

Love Signs

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

Thanks for the tip. I just looked it up. i'd seen the unfollow but didn't understand it. I didn't want to unfriend her but some of her content can be disturbing - even my computer wants to take a shower afterwards. thanks.

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

You're welcome. People back home like to put up photos of what they have killed. . . grinning while holding up a dead deer or a dead turkey by the legs.... Makes me nauseous. I also don't like to see Jesus on the cross, bleeding and dying over and over again...but some of these people I can't unfriend.

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

That's an interesting visual on death and blood.

Been reading a book by Barbara Hand Clow on the 9 dimensions. She writes about the 1st dimension as the iron core crystal at the center of the earth and how sacred our blood is, as it contains some of that iron. I'm not sure that I agree with all of Hand Clow's writing, esp when she injects her own anti war beliefs; but I'm finding the correlation between our blood and the earth very interesting and a fascinating grounding exercise.

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

Only a "like" Dice? I loved that one...5 stars!

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

Hi Pat,

In my experience a person can connect using a doll by asking the doll questions (much like using a pendulum) & watching the dolls eyes blink or change color (Yes/No Questions) or if the dolls speaks & also by using the eyes (whether they move or not doesn't matter) as a looking glass portal to discern.

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

You and me both. :)

Maria
@maria
3 years ago
136 posts

One of my favourite older horror movies is The Legend of Hell House 1973. The movie The Exorcist was a focal point in my life. When it first came out there was crazy hysteria, People talked themselves into cases of possession and paranormal activity in their homes. I didn't view it until years later. I was struck with how beautiful the cinematographer was but what I appreciated the most was that the film furthered my mission to address fear in my life and what I would or wouldn't believe about the spirit world.

I enjoyed the Jeepers Creepers serials, the Freddies, the Hellraisers.Those are the fun category for me as a horror fan. Sam Raimi with the dark and humorous like Evil Dead 1987 are great but the gratuitous violence of films like Saw 2 ( I'll give the first one a "very little" bit of a pass) are truly horrible!

Agreed SnakeMedicine, the Japanese horror films are just as you described them so I mostly take a pass when it comes to viewing them.

Bill Walker
@bill-walker
3 years ago
729 posts

I think I would rather be considered paranormal then either occult or new age, though my real feelings are that all of this really falls under the spirituality label, both good and bad! Just my opinion!

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

The Exorcist had a huge effect on me, too. I read the book twice, saw it in the theater once and also at a drive in. Then I purchased a bedside nightlight. . . I think I was the same age as Linda Blair.

Bill Walker
@bill-walker
3 years ago
729 posts

Flatliners is the scariest of all of those movies you mentioned Maria because theoretically it is possible to do what they are attempting to do in the film. In fact it's so possible it would not surprise me if many people have attempted this way of crossing over and then being pulled back!

Bill Walker
@bill-walker
3 years ago
729 posts

Kind of like that commercial that's running right now, "Why don't we go get into that running car?"

"No, wait let's go hide behind all of those chain saws over their!"

Maria
@maria
3 years ago
136 posts

I liked the resolution the characters found by crossing over and coming back. We've got something that comes pretty close,t he near death experience is near to it but without the drama found in Flatliners.

Maria
@maria
3 years ago
136 posts

Wow Ecila, I don't know if I could have taken on all that at the time! I know the actual case held some attraction for the DC area. It started in Mt. Rainier MD and William Blatty followed the story from the boy's emergency room visit at Georgetown Hospital. He also spent a few days with a Pastor in NW DC. Don't know if we will ever know the whole story but some have come close.

Dice
@dice
3 years ago
284 posts

I really do love the flick! It was refreshing and I do love a good twist to see from a different view. :) I have watched it many times.

Agreed on 5 star rating :)

Dice
@dice
3 years ago
284 posts

Pat-Starbridge~ You must see Knowing!

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

I don't think I knew it was based on a true story at the time, thank goodness...though the concept sure did fascinate me. There was another movie at the local small town theater about the Inquisition that handed out vomit bags at the door! I won't go into details, but it was all the full glory of torture during the middle age. Since the age of 13-14, I still remember some of them ...don't remember the name of that movie...they shouldn't have let kids see it. It was low budget but high on the horror, and I did know that one was based on real life.

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

Maria, I've seen all these except for Lovely Bone and I am going to watch it now! Thanks:)

Maria
@maria
3 years ago
136 posts

Aww, hope you get a much out of it as I did ~ much peace and love!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book