Feeling guilty over knowing things I shouldn't

To post a reply, login or signup

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Sometimes I know things I shouldn't know. I can't help it but it happens. There's this girl I work with who had been trying to get pregnant for a very long time. She finally did and as soon as she found out she started telling everyone. I had a feeling she should have waited to tell people because I felt she would miscarry. Sure enough a month and a half into it she miscarried. I feel awful. She's so upset. I know it isn't my fault and obviously it would have been very inappropriate for me to tell her what I thought, but still I feel so guilty for knowing and keeping it from her. I know I couldn't have told her, but how do I keep from feeling guilty when things like this happen? Any advice would be appreciated.
updated by @emmy-long: 07/18/17 06:59:57PM
Maria
@maria
2 years ago
136 posts

Emmy, your instincts were following a knowledge and wisdom that women have practised for generation on end. I grew up in a medical family but there was still respect for the wisdom of the old ways that held true. One being that pregnant women should wait to share their condition. Spontaneous abortions are the sad but common down side of pregnancy for the first 4 months.

In this case, focus your attention on your co worker's lost and her feelings because that's what it's all about. As you've noted, you are not omnipotent and have no control over what happens to others but you can contribute to her recovering from her lost by not bringing the negative energy of unfounded guilt into it all.

much light & peace

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Thank you :) I have been checking in on her and helping cover her shifts (she still hasn't passed it). We work in a group home for people with disabilities and they don't really understand social boundaries and would ask her about it if they knew so I told them her dog was sick and that's why she's been missing work. She appreciated that. They're little things and I know I really can't do anymore for her. I just wish there were a way to let people know things without actually telling them. I realize that's not possible. Thank you for the kind words and reassurance. :)
Maria
@maria
2 years ago
136 posts

For the next time you have to deal with a situation like this, feel free to consider me a grandma or great-grand and say " my great-grand once told me that it's best to keep your wonderful news close to your heart and a few you are very close to because". Explaining in your own way what you have read here http://www.babycenter.com/0_understanding-miscarriage_252.bc

I hope that helps, as women we can all help each other thru the hard parts of womanhood by being as well informed as possible. You've been blessed with the gift of the goddess (female intuition) and now you can back it up with the science of it all. It's wonderful your co-worker has a great lady like you!

Love

Maria
@maria
2 years ago
136 posts

Emmy, is she under medical care right now ? if not, she definitely needs to be. It' s a common practice to do a d&c after a miscarriage for health reasons and if she is waiting for nature to take care of it I assume that she has not gone to doctor or clinic . Not seeking care can effect her overall health and her ability to have a healthy pregnancy in the future.

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
She had been going to the doctor but I guess the baby hadn't actually died but was in the process of it and she was bleedig heavily. I got news early today that it has offically died but she still hasn't passed it. She went to the ER last night and that's when she found out. So it is reassuring to know she is getting the medical help she needs for it. And she told me it's easier now knowing that it's over with and her child is no longer dying inside her while she's left helpless. I couldn't even imagine. Thank you for your advice and kind words and I will use the knowledge you've provided me should I encounter something like this is the future. Thank you. :)
Maria
@maria
2 years ago
136 posts

The Universe is very much full of love and peace. One of the reasons that people survive horrific accidents e.g lost of a limb, is that our bodies keep us from the pain. When it comes to the life cycle of death, we all come from the Creator and return to the Creator, like drops of water returning to the sea. Only those with the extreme problem of attachment to this earthly plane have any issue with going to the love, peace and light.

Femonique
@femonique
2 years ago
62 posts
I can relate to this. I'll be having conversations at times and something will pop outta my mouth that I shouldn't know and it occasionally freaks folks out. Or I send an email, having written something in a way I normally wouldn't. When questioned about these things now, I just tell 'em I suppose someone is trying to tell you something, and that you need to figure it out. I may discuss it a bit with them, it just depends on the vibe I get.I've also seen ethereal bodies glowing out of people and as a child I thought it meant they were really good people. :-) Recently, I read some info that it might mean they were dying. That kinda burst my bubble. I don't think dying is bad, but it's not something I would wanna tell someone either. I don't necessarily feel obligated to do that, or should I? What if to me, it does mean they are good people and to others it means they might be dying? I dunno. I'm still learning lotsa stuff that goes on with me, and since we are all unique, I imagine my gifts might work different than some one else's. We shall see....:-).Thanks for sharing!
Maria
@maria
2 years ago
136 posts

Hi Femonique,

We can be in the metaphysical world with a scientific approach. If you haven't already, developed a strategy to valid your physic impressions the following might be of some help. 1, You have your gut intuition and 2. you can do open minded research. You can also ask your inner self to show you the meaning before you go to bed at night and pay close attention to what info you have gathered when you awake in the morning.

You definitely "shall see" the meaning if you work at it! ... : )

Femonique
@femonique
2 years ago
62 posts
Thanks, Marie! It's kind of you to help me out and I have been trying and doing tons of research. I have a dream journal, and I understand much more than I ever did. It's much like learning a very enhanced language, I suppose. I've discovered many tools which I utilize and they've been very helpful. I kinda feel like a grownup sitting in a kindergarten class at times, LOL.As always, for guidance I am grateful!:-)
Maria
@maria
2 years ago
136 posts

Hey Femonique,

Kindergarten is great, most of the world is still in diapers and asking for a bottle!

Peace and Love

Femonique
@femonique
2 years ago
62 posts
OMG! LMHineyOThat is one of the truest and funniest things anyone has said to me in a while!You are awesomeness! Thanks!
Maria
@maria
2 years ago
136 posts

Hi Skysshadows3,

The one thing I can assure you of is that statue isn't a problem in chilbirth. Mother Nature has made women of all sizes with all kinds of shapes and bodies to do amazing things. Those who aren't familiar with midwifery would be astounded with the knowledge of the craft. The medical associations over 100 years ago (at the time run entirely by men) looked to destroy midwifery and the chiropractic arts so that they could increase their profit and control. They made childbirth into a medical intervention, like a disease. Things can go wrong but knowledge is knowing the difference.

Particularly from a spiritual aspect, childbirth is a time when the passage doors between two worlds opens. It's the same door we leave thru in death. Your observed mother may have had complications, she could have had an absence of support and or the aftermath of a conventional birth where you are left in much more pain and weak. Maternal hormones can also bring on depression and it could have been all those things combined.

It's a very good thing that she had someone like you to talk with for awhile.

love and peace!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book