Feeling guilty over knowing things I shouldn't

Emmy Long
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
486 posts
Sometimes I know things I shouldn't know. I can't help it but it happens. There's this girl I work with who had been trying to get pregnant for a very long time. She finally did and as soon as she found out she started telling everyone. I had a feeling she should have waited to tell people because I felt she would miscarry. Sure enough a month and a half into it she miscarried. I feel awful. She's so upset. I know it isn't my fault and obviously it would have been very inappropriate for me to tell her what I thought, but still I feel so guilty for knowing and keeping it from her. I know I couldn't have told her, but how do I keep from feeling guilty when things like this happen? Any advice would be appreciated.
updated by @emmy-long: 09/08/18 01:35:52PM
Emmy Long
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
486 posts
Thank you :) I have been checking in on her and helping cover her shifts (she still hasn't passed it). We work in a group home for people with disabilities and they don't really understand social boundaries and would ask her about it if they knew so I told them her dog was sick and that's why she's been missing work. She appreciated that. They're little things and I know I really can't do anymore for her. I just wish there were a way to let people know things without actually telling them. I realize that's not possible. Thank you for the kind words and reassurance. :)
Emmy Long
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
486 posts
She had been going to the doctor but I guess the baby hadn't actually died but was in the process of it and she was bleedig heavily. I got news early today that it has offically died but she still hasn't passed it. She went to the ER last night and that's when she found out. So it is reassuring to know she is getting the medical help she needs for it. And she told me it's easier now knowing that it's over with and her child is no longer dying inside her while she's left helpless. I couldn't even imagine. Thank you for your advice and kind words and I will use the knowledge you've provided me should I encounter something like this is the future. Thank you. :)
Femonique
Femonique
@femonique
3 years ago
62 posts
I can relate to this. I'll be having conversations at times and something will pop outta my mouth that I shouldn't know and it occasionally freaks folks out. Or I send an email, having written something in a way I normally wouldn't. When questioned about these things now, I just tell 'em I suppose someone is trying to tell you something, and that you need to figure it out. I may discuss it a bit with them, it just depends on the vibe I get.I've also seen ethereal bodies glowing out of people and as a child I thought it meant they were really good people. :-) Recently, I read some info that it might mean they were dying. That kinda burst my bubble. I don't think dying is bad, but it's not something I would wanna tell someone either. I don't necessarily feel obligated to do that, or should I? What if to me, it does mean they are good people and to others it means they might be dying? I dunno. I'm still learning lotsa stuff that goes on with me, and since we are all unique, I imagine my gifts might work different than some one else's. We shall see....:-).Thanks for sharing!
Femonique
Femonique
@femonique
3 years ago
62 posts
Thanks, Marie! It's kind of you to help me out and I have been trying and doing tons of research. I have a dream journal, and I understand much more than I ever did. It's much like learning a very enhanced language, I suppose. I've discovered many tools which I utilize and they've been very helpful. I kinda feel like a grownup sitting in a kindergarten class at times, LOL.As always, for guidance I am grateful!:-)
Femonique
Femonique
@femonique
3 years ago
62 posts
OMG! LMHineyOThat is one of the truest and funniest things anyone has said to me in a while!You are awesomeness! Thanks!

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book