who are we in our dreams?

Goodenergyhealing
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
7 months ago
392 posts

I dream a lot! It is often so intense that I wake up exhausted, and need to recover from sleeping - lol. I also frequently look at least 10 years older for the first 2 hours of the day...

I am not sure if I lucid dream? My dreams can be quite intense, and there can be parallels to my waking life, and parts where I kinda know that I am dreaming (the other day I was e.g. analyzing common dream topics of mine, in my dream (as I was thinking about potential homeopathic remedies at that time)). I think one of the reasons that most my dreams are so exhausting is  though, that I rarely seem to be attuned (to my divine self and my helpers) during my dreams. The decisions I make in my dreams are not the decisions I would make in waking life. Sometimes I e.g. get very emotional, though in waking life I have conditioned myself to react less and less (not suppressing emotions, but grounding them off, etc.). I.e. my dream self often does not feel like my real self...

I did once obviously dream for someone else. I.e. I dreamt of a cemetery, and this really tryst energy. When I woke up I remembered the dream, and that it was a very unusual dream topic for me (I cannot remember dreaming of cemeteries otherwise.). Later that day I had a first time massage client. We did not talk much, I just massaged him. During the massage the tryst cemetery energy came up again, and I had flash backs into the dream. I ignored it. After our session I did have a bit of a chat with the client then. He admitted that one of the reasons why he had booked a healing massage was, that his mum had died a few months prior, and he was still in mourning. And then he mentioned that he dreams of cemeteries almost every night!

So I wonder if (many of) my other dreams are emphatical dreams as well (i.e. dreaming dreams of others). Only that my brain is conditioned to think that when it experiences sth, it is 'me'. I.e. I experience someone else's dream from their 'I' perspective, but my brain translates his/ her 'I' into a me 'I'? It is hard to tell for sure though. I only had one more occasion, where it was obvious that I dreamt someone else's energies ( I dreamt I was on a train, going to see my uncle in Manchester, and had lost my wallet. When I got up and talked to some house guests, they asked to stay another night. They just had talked to their uncle in Manchester, they would have to postpone their trip their, and where just working on changing their train tickets (they had not given me any of that info on check in)

Does anyone else have similar experiences?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
7 months ago
877 posts

@goodenergyhealing:

Dreams fascinate me in general. And empath dreaming makes it even more interesting as there are often lessons given to us in the dream world. 

I don't remember my dreams most days. But there are days when I do remember them where they can be quite memorable. Sometimes those dreams are either lessons that I can learn from, or are lessons that I don't yet understand. And then every once in a while I will dream about meeting someone who I have a really strong energetic bond with. It's usually a woman and I'll remember what she looked like in great detail. And then a day or two later I will run into that exact same woman who was a best friend in my dreams, but in real life is a stranger. We'll cross paths somewhere in public and not only do I recognize her, but she'll also have that look of confused recognition in her eyes toward me as well. It's very eerie. And I've never engaged any of the women from my dreams in conversation so I'm not sure what I am to do with  this? It’s the kind of thing a stranger would think I’m crazy or a stalker. But the connection is kind of similar to your cemetery dream where you were getting foreshadowing of an event yet to come in your life. So there must be a purpose to dreaming about future events or connections that we should make in our wake lives. But I have not yet figured it out.

Goodenergyhealing
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
7 months ago
392 posts

Hop Daddy:

@goodenergyhealing:

So there must be a purpose to dreaming about future events or connections that we should make in our wake lives. But I have not yet figured it out.

I often get energy from my massage and healing clients before they show up. It usually seems to either healings starting early (the time in the actual massage might just not be enough?), or resistances from some of their energies (i.e. energies that do nto want to be healed/ sent into Light, and that kick up a fuss beforehand)

Dreaming of strangers in advance sounds interesting, though I would likely be too shy as well to approach them (at least with the dream story). Maybe just use something else to talk to them, that is less eccentric, and see if you click? :)

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
6 months ago
79 posts

@goodenergyhealing I just found this post now, after having posted an almost identical question this morning. Your post kind of answers my question – so it's possible and seems to happen to some others, too. 

I don't have a clearly confirmed case like you do, and I've never even considered the possibility that some of the – odd, out-of-context, yet intense and detailed – things I dream are things I may catch from other people's "radio waves". So I've never paid attention to that. 

I'm thinking that this may be a good moment to see if I can find that type of energetic connection the next time that type of dream hits me. Perhaps if I pay attention I'll be able to recognise if the "flavour" is from someone else and verify. 

This is quite a topic for me as I get a lot of these, and having read quite a lot on dream interpretation (mostly C G Jung books) I do make sense of many of my dreams fluently, but then from time to time there is just this "oddball".

Dice
Dice
@dice
6 months ago
284 posts

This subject is interesting to me as well. I know from personal experience that many of them were to give me a "heads up". For some reason I needed to see it earlier or see it to make things clearer when it happens. 

Other dreams are warnings that can be for me or others, or I can tell a friend of a dream and they tell me they watched a movie the night before just like that. 

Others are ones that I need interpretation for, or they are just reoccurring ones where small things are changed. They can be one every few years, or can go on for a while.

I had one recently where I could swear the other person knew they were in a dream with me... but unless that is validated by the other person I will just shrug and move on. Taking some of the main messages with me and let the rest go.

Dice

Goodenergyhealing
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
6 months ago
392 posts

@sasha - pretty much stopped trying to interpret them, but only ever used online sites. Usually it just disconcerted me, e.g. made me seek fears, I did not think I had. After I realized much might not be mine anyway, I now tend to just ignore them, and let the energies pass.... Once in a while I get a nice one where i am flying though, I do cherish those :))

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
6 months ago
79 posts

@goodenergyhealing regarding interpretation, I never used the simplistic "this symbol means that" approach that you usually find first when you search. I actually read perhaps 2-3 of C G Jung's books (don't remember the titles, many years ago, but one was on Alchemy), which is mostly depth psychology and deals with certain archetypical symbols (like shapes, numbers, directions, oppositions, configurations of characters) that seem to be somewhat present across history and even cultures (unable to test that claim, but Jung did do some anthropological backup). 

based on this approach i actually got to many "aha" moments regarding recurring intense dreams that i was having over years. maybe that's because i actually tend to have a lot of archetypal patterns showing up. 

one example was that i kept having recurrent dreams of tiny animals (whether baby birds, insects, bugs, snails, miniature puppies that fit in the palm of a hand, etc.) that i was trying to keep safe with my hands, but always ended up somehow hurting or smashing or losing them. this went on over years and years. reading Jung and listening to my emotions and intuition helped me figure that the small, fragile animal represented my soul or inner self – and i realised that this dream occurred often when i was doing something that was smashing it (e.g. overworking, suppressing myself, ignoring my inspiration). 

so after i had that figured, i started using these dreams as indicators – when i get one of those, i start scanning the last days / period of time for "sins" i might have committed against my soul again. in this way, the dream has become a useful soul compass. 

i have a bunch of others that recur (over years and years) that seem to have a similar function. so i believe that this type of "interpretation" (which is like learning your subconscious' inner language in a sense) can sometimes provide very valuable guidance in the inner life, and that has implications for the outer life, too. 

that's definitely not true of ALL dreams though, at least for me. for me when a dream comes from that "deeper" archetypal soul layer, it has a completely different feel to it. it's usually slower, clearer, deeper. the images are more distinct and rich, the emotions are more profound, it's just much more condensed and hyper-real. so i usually only bother to "read" those; not the dreams that seem to be a more superficial re-hash of recent events or ideas. 

Goodenergyhealing
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
6 months ago
392 posts

very interesting, perhaps I'll have to peruse some Jung at some point :)

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book