Here is what I'm doing instinctively. Does anyone know what I'm doing?

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
4 months ago
79 posts

When starting to give bodywork sessions to people, i noticed (actually my clients noticed as i didn't think it's unusual) that i am often automatically drawn to the points of pain or tension in the body. I've read that's common for empaths. Now I have also noticed that as I sense these points (I do that without touch, sometimes they are deep in the interior of the body so I couldn't physically touch them (without slicing the body open or sth)) it often happens that just through this mental "touch" they start to shift and transform (change colour, shape, location, "threads" of energy appear, or sometimes sketchy impressions / videos, an impression of being a certain age, or an emotion).

What then often happens is that i feel a kind of quick contraction in my own body (usually the center of the chest / the heart) ... it's like a quick, small shiver and then a release or relief ... and in a way i sense that the release / relief is in the client's body even though it's felt in my heart center. 

So i sometimes give people treatments by finding and releasing these "points of pain".

Sometimes i also see objects that i remove, or I feel pain that the person feels (often e.g. in their heart chakra) but as it gets felt, it gets released in a way, too. 

I've never learnt any of that (avoided all esoteric topics and never read about energy healing), it just started to happen when I was supposed to give a massage. 

Does this have a name? Or what do you think is happening?

updated by @sasha-supertramp: 03/09/18 07:39:22AM
sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
4 months ago
79 posts

Also, if you have any tips on how to fine-tune this, better work with it, other things to try, etc. please share. 

Goodenergyhealing
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
4 months ago
388 posts

I am a Spiritual Healer and Bodyworker. From what you describe, it sounds like energy(healing) work. Impressive that it just happens intuitively. It sounds like you take on and release negative energies form your clients and release them via your heart chakra.

I get similar things. When I hit energetic blockages, et al. form my clients, it usually suppresses my breath for a short while, then there often seems intense energy concentration, until (not always) the energy releases, and I start breathing again (sometimes quite heavy and deep (seems to help me pump energies)).

The only tips I could give you are esoteric, so feel free to stop reading :)

- Grounding -  ask for, or visualize a connection to healthy Earth energies, deep below. Usually they connect to the heels (like two beams of (white) Light). This is like an additional energy lightning rod. I.e. you/ your body can release negative and stale energies into the Earth (for recycling), and you can get fresh energies up....(it is also useful if you get stuck with a client's energies beyond a session)

- Ask for Protection and Guidance - either before every session or in general. You can ask your (Ultimate Good) Spiritual Helpers for protections, guidance, support, etc., so that if there is mor that would be useful to learn/ understand, you will...(here is sth I have put together on the topic - http://www.alexander-king.com/blog-1/2014/11/28/the-anatomy-of-the-human-energy-bodies-chakras-aura-kundalini-hara-and-soul-star

- Read, watch videos, etc about healing topics - chakras, Hara, Kundalini, Reiki, Meditation, energy cleansing, etc....

This post might be of interest too - http://www.alexander-king.com/blog-1/2015/8/19/spiritual-healing-reiki-massage-combining-bodywork-and-energy-work

All the best for your work :)

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
4 months ago
79 posts

Hi @goodenergyhealing, thanks for this reply. 

yup, the breath thing seems exactly as you describe -- my chest / being tenses and so does the breath; then with the release, my breath also opens (the first few times i made instinctive "animal" sounds or had to exhale in a big way, which freaked people out a bit so i learnt to keep it quiet). 

thanks for the tips. i know that "grounding" thing in part, and in part it helps me. i have been working a lot, over a long time, on increasing the degree to which i "inhabit my body", like, hard to express, but really reside in my own body sensing this internal settledness (and also sensing my presence in my organs, bones, etc.) rather than following everything that's zigzagging on around me like a crazy monkey. if that makes sense. i suppose that is a form of grounding, too. 

yesterday i did a distance healing session with a client (started playing around with that after a lot of resistance, basically after my friend gave me one and i could feel part of what she's doing in my body and literally the second she stopped, even though we had not agreed on any time frame, so that i went to the phone the second she called that she's finished). anyways, an image i saw in y'day's session just came to mind; namely i saw that person's (energy) feet kind of growing luminous roots and growing deep deep into the ground, drawing nourishment in the form of white light (ya ... i give up can't do this without esoteric :). this white light also extended up her legs all the way to the lower abdomen. i'd never seen sth like that before in a person (many seem to have kind of blocked, "cold", "dead" feet at least the ones i've worked with). 

i was wondering how to interpret that, but now i'm thinking maybe what this person has is close to what you're recommending me to seek out (more), and that would make total intuitive sense.

the funny thing is that after i've felt it in another person, it's also easier for me to feel/encourage it in me (sometimes i think this empath-sense can in a way be helpful in learning / picking up skills / new ways of being more quickly?). 

i'm actually thinking this "earth" connection should probably be my main priority ... because i see enough crazy stuff and my life tends to be ungrounded (i'm a nomad and basically live the modern version of a mendicant monk's life i guess ... aka). 

the protection / guidance thing is something a friend who does reiki (the one who convinced me that i can do unusual things which before i thought everyone does) recommended. actually what happens in these sessions is that sometimes at a point i feel a "click" and i know that it's not really me doing that stuff -- cause i literally have NO idea what i'm doing and i swear i haven't even read about it (not in the science papers i read for work, anyways ;-) -- but it's like another hand is guiding my hand; or sometimes it feels like ... i'm going (back?) to another form of my self -- i become an "older" or different layer of self, which somehow "remembers" all kinds of stuff ... that i obviously don't. 

that's the only reason i dare to do sessions on people now sometimes (after several friends convinced me), because if it were up to me personally to do that i'd feel i have NO idea what to do and be scared i'll mess up. i keep doing it though because it seems to help my mental health immensely. the way i go into it now is with an attitude of "ok, here are my hands, YOU (whoever "you" are) do with them what apparently somehow they're meant to do (sometimes)" ... like, i just let this other force operate through me.

still, even after accepting this and doing it from time to time so the spirits don't haunt and bug me (aka i don't get depressed), part of my mind -- i guess the part that's a scientist -- craves to understand what the heck is going on here actually. 

at the same time, i admit i'm scared of that stuff. in part. 

i guess i'm mostly scared of going far off the road of "sanity" (although i don't define that conventionally, but still ... i do sometimes feel that there is a danger messing with that stuff, so while it does have a fascination to it i try to only go into it as far as i'm really "asked" to in a way). 

hm. i got rambling a lot. 

thanks for your blog links. i'll certainly be curious to look into your approaches.

i've also just started writing down some of my stuff down (sensitivityisstrength.wordpress.com), while i'm obviously in the middle of the journey i feel that i've pulled myself out of quite a mess and some of the insights learnt may be interesting/useful too. 

since atm i'm basically quitting my career path (PhD studies, always assumed i'd stay at uni) and looking for something new, it's actually crossed my mind to launch into this field, although it's certainly the craziest imaginable change to everyone who has known me probably. hm. 

all the best to you

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
4 months ago
79 posts

@goodenergyhealing I've just skimmed your article on tools for empaths and it's consonant with a lot of stuff i've gradually found, adding some new perspectives / differences, too, so thanks!

Goodenergyhealing
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
4 months ago
388 posts

sasha.w:

During my healer training I learned, that the healing energies have their own intelligence, and will do what is necessary. We might guide a bit, by e.g. focusing on a specific chakra, but what exactly the energies do then, there is no way to know for sure. It took me some time too to trust the process (form a scientific background too here). The only thing I make sure to do is, that I pray that I only get connected to 'Ultimate Good' energies, and that all spiritual and healing work is protected, and as safe as possible. And considering that in 20 years of spiritual work and 10 years of bodywork, there has not been anyone calling me after saying they feel worse than before, I take it that it is safe that way. (NB there were two clients who supposedly came down with a flu a day or two after their massage, but with # of massages given over the years, I put that down to coincidence, or rare healing crisis)...

Goodenergyhealing
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
4 months ago
388 posts

Also, more and more research out about healing. Just watched a documentary last week, where these Austrian surgeons cooperate with a meditation teacher/ healer, who teaches the patients, and their relatives a healing/ energy flow meditation.

The doctors said that they do not know how it works, but that that have had good results. I.e. it was an abdominal surgery unit, mainly treating pancreatic cancer. The survival rate for pancreatic cancer is usually pretty dismal, but since the patients do/get the healing meditation as well, the survival rate has improved a lot! (I sister's husband' mum had pancreatic cancer about 10 years ago. She is still aliive. Might be down to the fact too, that I sent her distant healing regularly back then too?)

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
4 months ago
79 posts

@goodenergyhealing Thanks a lot for these comments, super valuable for me at this point (at which point i've talked about this stuff maybe only to one other person who had significant experience in energy healing ... the person who convinced me basically that that's what i'm doing apparently). 

also, if you have any concrete science references (i work as an editor of scientific papers so it's really my element) i would absolutely love to devour that, and maybe run a little literature search on that myself. 

what was your training modality, if i may ask? tho i can probably find that info on your site, may just check since you made the effort to describe stuff there already. 

another modality that i have bumped into as i was experimenting, apart from the "praying / channeling" let's call it thing was the observation that at least with one person around whom i was seeing (in my inner eye) really clouds of moving creatures the way to calm that and feel "clarity" in her was to put myself in a kind of deep meditation state and do nothing; i.e. just sit there in her presence. not interact or want or try anything. with this particular person, it was weird enough, the next day she quit smoking (not deliberately, just saying she can't stand the taste suddenly) and started taking care of herself it was sort of a turning point from which her darkness started lifting, apparently. i was also wondering whether this "just sit there in (a very specific type of) presence and do nothing" thing is known somewhere as a technique or a "thing" with a name. 

it also seems like a good "method" when i feel that my own mind is clouded. i've been practicing modified / adapted vipassana or mindfulness type meditation for a decade now so i was wondering if perhaps at a point this vibe can not just clear me but somehow passes to another person even (especially) if i do and intend absolutely nothing except deeply being, so to speak. 

anyways, just a thought. see you wrote a type of autobio too, shall probably gradually peruse your stuff as i feel it perhaps comes from a place that i can relate to. 

Goodenergyhealing
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
4 months ago
388 posts

@sashaw

that documentary was in German, though I have seen plenty of stuff in English too. Daniel J Benor, MD has written a few books about spiritual healing and research in the field. The Institute of Noetic Sciences has some interesting stuff -  a few great studies about meditation. I liked the book  'The Field' by Lynne McTaggart, and saw Rupert Sheldrake in an interview once, which sounded intelligent (he does research into consciousness too). There is big studies into consciousness and intention supposedly at Berkeley (if I remember correctly). Also reading about Remote Viewing helped me back in the 90's (when there was a lot less more reputable stuff) to not feel all crazy :))

Furthermore E.Kübler Ross (the famous psychiatrist (5 stages of grief)) has written some books about near death experiences. Whenever I hit a deep hole of doubt and skepticism, I remembered that she wrote that she had interviewed some blind patients (seeing, at some earlier stage in their life), who had had NDEs. When they left their bodies they could see again. Like seeing what colour tie the doc was wearing during the resuscitation (confirmed afterwards, when back in the body, and blind again). That just seemed irrefutable proof to me that we are spirit, and not just the physical body....

Also quantum physics seems to really shake things up. Non-locality phenomena, etc. Newton's universe of matter is now 30 years out of date....

I studies medicine for 7 years in my 20s :)

That the 'just sitting with it' worked is great. I think energies are alive and have some consciousness too. Maybe those energies were waiting to be 'seen', and when you did that, they than left? Or it freaked them out that they got 'seen'. Or you somehow connected to your friend on a deep level, that helped her/her soul remember her eternity, that we are ONE, that she is not alone, etc.... :) And or it was just the (healing) power of unconditional Love?- When I focus on a negative energy/blockage, I basically just hold my attention on it (energy follows thought), with a healing intend, plus being connected to healing energies -  and then something usually gives/ dissolves....

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
4 months ago
79 posts

@goodenergyhealing thanks a lot for this list. i actually know some of these, read several books by Rupert Sheldrake. 

Concerning NDEs, do you know Anita Moorjani's book? i haven't reasearched into that topic deliberately, i read it actually because it's about an intercultural childhood, among other things, but it's one of the most uplifting things i've read i think in that it feels authentic ... and also in that some of the things she describes in the NDE are things that i actually know from 'altered states of consciousness' let's call it or instances of clairsentience/clairvoyance that happened to me. so i can make some sense of her descriptions and in a way reading it gave me some mental peace. 

i may check out "The Field", didn't know it. when i have a moment i'll try to find if anyone did original studies on energy healing recently (i.e. the studies themselves with details, not general pop-sci).

Goodenergyhealing
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
4 months ago
388 posts

I'll let you know if I come across anything- :)

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book