Have you ever gone through a transition that really changed your whole life?

Emmy Long
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
10 months ago
486 posts

Phew, it's been awhile guys. I haven't been around since we switched to the new site and man does it feel good to be back! I was away growing as a person and learning hard lessons. It wasn't fun for the most part but I'm on the other side now and I can see what a positive blessing it was. :) I'm so happy to get to share with people who "get it" again.

Have any of you ever went through a really dark period and then came out of it feeling like you, but in a completely different way? Like your empath senses are stronger and more grounded and you understand yourself more wholly? Maybe I just finally "grew up"? Haha. Either way I'm just curious to hear if anyone has gone through a similar transition and how things changed for you once you finally came out the other end of it.

Throwing love your way,

Emmy

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
10 months ago
200 posts

I feel like that kind of thing happens to me every few years. I doint think we ever stop growing up lol. I think it may also be a universal thing. I feel like over the last year or so lots of people have been going through dark periods. Now little by little everyone seems to be coming through. Or in a good place to deal with their situation. I have noticed that during those times my energy was shifting. So what I have been doing now is paying more attention to how my energy feels. When it gets off track I flood my mind with every loving memory I have, and even make ones up so that I can get my body to consistently flow with that energy. Since I have started doing that I have noticed that the empathic messages are stronger. I also get more warning for when I need to give myself space. And I am dealing with more a lot easier. And it is easier to diffuse unwanted energies. I can make eye contact and that was never easy before. Now I push for eye contact. I guess that was the long way to say yes! Lol

updated by @crystalsage: 02/25/18 04:57:35PM
So_exausted_from_users
So_exausted_from_users
@so-exausted-from-users
10 months ago
43 posts
My whole life is like that only it is one heart break after another after another.. Just when I am barley catching my breath, this last time it even added in a couple months of pure happiness after 4 years of pure hell, but i didn't mind the hell as much when I had my happiness too look forward to then the happiness was ripped from me just like that and I was sent back into grieving, only this time it feels like I have lost so much more and now all I have left in my life is hell.
I know I have changed I don't ever want to let any one ever get that close to me again. The thought of never being loved hurts but the thought that I could allow someone to hurt me like this ever again makes me sick to my tummy. That is my legacy is to have been abandoned by everyone I have ever care about and I am tired of hurting. There has got to be a better way.
Emmy Long
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
10 months ago
486 posts

@Crystalsage: Glad to hear others have gone through this as well! I definitely would agree that there was some kind of energy shift. It's funny you mention the thing about flooding yourself with loving memories. I do something kind of similar when I catch myself getting really overwhelmed or "out of focus." I usually meditate each night and when I'm having those bad days, I will usually focus on love during my meditation. Things like opening my heart to accept love, sending loving energy to the room around me, and then to the whole apartment building, and then to the whole neighborhood, the state, ect., until I feel like I'm sharing love with the whole universe. It always seems to make me feel like myself again by the time I am finished!

@cat-is-very-broke: I'm so sorry things have been rough for you. My hope is that happiness comes your way. 

updated by @emmy-long: 02/27/18 05:27:43PM
TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
10 months ago
456 posts
Yes, I have been feeling something grow stronger over the years. Started after a traumatic incident. But when I review my life, it waa silently there. The past year my gut and heart spoke to me more, but my brain gets in the way. It always does because logically speaking, it's not logical. Example, why would I move out of a place that has great things. Great location, great rent, it's safe. Every year come to sign the lease bad feeling. After the 3rd year, in the middle of my lease, stuff hit the fan. After 6 weeks of arguing, I waa out of my lease deposit back in full. Not to mention other things that had started to develop. I move back in with my parents "temporarily" my car dies. My father spent 2 weeks on it. It wouldn't start. If I had stayed in that apt, I'd be screwed. I couldn't afford a car payment. I feared for stuff at work, which I posted here. A promotion went to someone else.
I'm learning or trying to use my gut and heart more. Logically (my brain) says it makes sense, and my gut says no. As I paid attn, some of my decision making may not seem logical to everyone else, but has always been correct. Heck, didnt make sense to me. I wish I listened to my gut, or trusted it. I'm not in a good position now with some things, but the others that I am good at I'd be in the hole. But at least I'm trying trusting me more. I have trust issues, those that I can trust it turns oUT I cant. And against me. But my gut doesn't say anything. I'm still learning!!
So_exausted_from_users
So_exausted_from_users
@so-exausted-from-users
10 months ago
43 posts
I just actually had my ahh momment when everything finally clicked. The emotional hell I have been put through was a journey I was set on to actually understand stand. I have always read the self help book.. seen countless counselors and in the past few months actually learned about empaths and a twin flame bonds however the more i learned the more questions I had and less I actually grasped. I found with myself this whole time my biggest problem was me. My brain was learning my soul wouldn't listen and I found was to numb the empath energy. I ended up after fighting with myself after 3 days of no sleep i finally started to listen to myself and the energy the universe has been sending my way. Wow.. First thing I am way to stubbron for my own good.. And second I have heard but never actually listening to the answer I had been looking for.. I still have a ways to go and I somehow have to get my twin flame to catch up on this journey with me. He is just barely at the point where I was 4 years ago.. but our energy is so connected and only just days into having my ahh momment I can't shut off his negitive energy and it is making me sick. The emotional stress is eating away in my body through my blood.
I have no idea if it will help any one else but the biggest obstical in life is the fact that we are not always ready for the answers we seek.. somehow it is more about the journey to get u there than actually grasping it. it has to be heard not through your ears but through your soul.. And until u are 100% ready to grasp the answers u are looking for everything will be in front of u like a puzzle that none of the pieces actually seem to fit. Where I go from here I have no idea and that is tbe beautiful gift about life as one door close other ones open.. It just took me forever to grasp it
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
10 months ago
200 posts
@tigerlily I have had several experiences where I didn't trust my gut instead I listened to "logic" and later wished that I listened to my gut. So I hear you. I do that especially when it comes to people. I had this boss that seemed like the nicest person, and no matter what he did my gut was not feeling. I kept thinking I couldn't trust him. I later learned that i couldn't. Which was so crazy because he seemed so nice.
@emmy-long I was taught that empaths truly have the power to affect the world. To hate even a little can become toxic because we can "hurt" people but we would have to first fill ourselves with that pain. Or we could heal which benefits us as well because in order to heal we must first fill ourselves with love and heal ourselves. I'm not religious but I have studied other religions. One thing that I have noticed is that they all preach some form of love which is how all things get done. They may not use the word but they do refer to the energy.
Kate T
Kate T
@kate
10 months ago
152 posts

Yes.

I don't believe or don't want to believe in predestination as in your future is set in stone, yet at one point I felt that choosing to remain in a certain place would have led to that, and me missing something big. It was a big pressure that i tried to lift by moving somewhere else. Couldn't have done much else. What followed was a horrible experience and i kept asking myself what else I was supposed to do, and for 2 years I kept wishing to reverse or freeze time. It wasn't about a significant someone, but related to studies/future work. By all standards, it was bad, and I felt horrible, as it coincided with a period when I felt like reading, studying and trying to understand the world around me and the philosophy behind esoteric practices, religions etc. Was a time when I felt like being with myself but I felt misunderstood because of that, and I was. I felt like I lost a part of myself as well, and I had some very cryptic dreams. 

Right now though I think it challenged me to rethink some things and led to me not regretting anything else ever again, or be in a state of undecidedness. I value straightforwardness much more, although I still don't understand right now why it had to be that bad... at least I had family close and some friends. I kind of still remained with pity for myself in the sense that, it could've been much better, why was i thrown in that social mess? How can our minds become so diffuse, distracted, how can it be so hard to remain grounded and clear your mind? Why are people so weak? But it's like I attracted and collected all the negative situations around me, and felt compelled to solve them, even when they weren't mine, so to say. Was incredible how out of the place i felt at times, but also how fast thought/intention would manifest. 

So I re-learned the role of boundaries the rather painful way. And I finally "sorted" myself out 3 years later, after meeting someone who i believe helped me a lot without realising, simply through his way of being. Was what i thought to be "a correct way". "Finally someone not afraid to be themselves, and who need to be who they are". 

So then no more lies, to others and yourself. Do what you have to do. I left what was hurting me definitively... basically I left my country for the time being. "Studies" I believe they call them in a generic way. I feel fine right now though, and better in the long run. So it did not lead to something bad, but I had to pull myself together, and clean what had been shoved "under the rug", which happens even to the most careful... sometimes you simply don't realise. Maybe it's better, maybe it's worse... at one point though you have to face them. When you realise the futility of many social constructs in a modern society, the illusions some chase, misplaced faiths, and that you have to use what you were given. 

updated by @kate: 03/01/18 05:50:15PM

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book