Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
773 posts

@pinkrose:

You have been very busy with all of your questions lately. I love it.

I have had some experience with spirits contacting me. It's usually them making a lot of noise or whispering in my ear when I am sleeping. And I've had a few call my name from across the house. Some have touched me. I've also felt some spirits try to collide or enter my body and it was very unpleasant and I was able to resist. My challenge is that I hear spirits but can't usually see them. Since I can't see them they can sneak up on me at times. And I notice if I have a really bad day that spirit activity around me quadruples. I still haven't sorted out exactly why that is.

And my opinion as an empath is that you want to be real careful with communicating and letting them in. There is some bad stuff out there on the other side of the veil that is looking for a way in. There are very good reasons why fellow empaths tell each other to never use Ouija Boards or Ghost Boxes that connect and invite things in. And the earthbound spirits that are stuck in our plane are here because of a tragic death or troubled life that has left them full of regret and unfinished business that is keeping them from crossing over. Their emotional energy is therefore usually low, and you want to be careful not to absorb that as it will really sink you. And unless you are a really experienced medium with protection experience, I would definitely advise against allowing a spirit to possess your body and mind.

You have to get really good at protecting yourself before you want to interact with any of that. One thing to keep in mind that some of the bad stuff out there can often lure you in appearing to you as safe and beautiful. I'm not meaning to say that's what you are dealing with. But just be very careful. And I am hoping others on this site can share some of their personal interactions with spirits and give you some additional advice as well.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
773 posts

@pinkrose:

As a P.S., I didn't used to believe in spirit guides and angels. But in recent years I have come to see first hand how they have played a role in my life. And I now believe. And my wife had a one on one interaction with an angel that was very similar to what you described in feeling except that angel did not enter her body. But I don't know if I have ever had someone say before that a ghost made them feel really good and happy, so that makes me wonder if you did interact with an angel?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
773 posts

@pinkrose:

Not at all. I love your topical questions. It adds to the community and gives us all a lot to think about. Thanks for bringing all of this up!

Please pardon my lengthy response. But I think I may have some things that can help you. Your spirit visitation is intriguing to me. I have never heard of anyone being visited by a spirit that entered a human body and filled them up with positive light and energy. It's just not in their wheel house. While I don't claim to be an expert on this subject, I have had a fair amount of experience firsthand with spirit visitations. And I've done a lot of research based on the accounts of mediums and empaths. And for spirits to visit us or show themselves it takes a tremendous amount of their energy. We humans emote energy with every breath (and I think that has something to do why spirits hang around us). But on the other side energy is something that is in short supply and needs to be absorbed and rationed. For this reason, and the fact that earth bound spirits are typically full of lower energy, I have a hard time believing that you had a ghost/spirit visit you.

But that said, I do believe what you said happened. I am leaning toward thinking that you had an angelic visitation. And I don't know if you were going through a tough time before that night. But I almost wonder if an angel stopped by to give you a pick me up during a tough time. Because that absolutely does happen.

On the Ouija Board subject, a lot of people get excited to try connecting with the other side through various channeling devices. But I've heard some pretty alarming stories about empaths in particular having brought some pretty awful stuff in from the other side. And what followed just about ruined and ended their lives. Just out of caution I bring this up during spirit conversations for anyone who doesn't know about that risk.

And lastly, you said that you had challenges protecting yourself from negative spirits. I have some advice that worked for me. The spirits like it when we are feeling down. I don't know if we leak energy when we are having a bad day, but the paranormal stuff for me really picks up on a bad day. My theory is that we leak energy that they can absorb when we are emotionally drained. So what you want to do is raise your vibration (which is a fancy term for grounding out the low energy you absorb and returning you to a healthy state). To do this I wear protection stones just about 24 hours a day. They help block spirit energy as well as human low emotional energy. (If you need some protection stone suggestions let me know). I have also had really good results from taking salt baths. If needed do them daily until you feel happier and less down. I have also found that the spirits also don't like salt. My theory there is that is weakens their energy. If I am being harassed by spirits that won't go away I'll have a bowl of salt water on my nightstand, under my bed, and a bowl in my office. (Some people have told me just a bowl of salt without water works fine although I have found the effects are better with salt water). Himalayan salt is best to use but is expensive. I use rock salt that you can find at any grocery store (just don't used processed table salt as you want it as raw as possible). The salt baths will ground you and raise your vibration. The protection stones will help shield you a bit from lower (negative energy). And the salt water bowls around you will also create a barrier from low energy and any spirits that may try to make unwanted contact. And as a fun sidebar, there is a reason why churches over the centuries have blessed salt and water when making holy water. And they use that holy water for religious ceremonies like blessings and exorcisms.

P.S.- I do remember Candyman movie. It freaked me out. Both my kids are also empaths and when they were younger I caught them playing bloody Mary in front of a mirror. And back then my kids saw ghosts daily anyway. I put an end to that game. I may have over reacted but mirrors freak me out. And I didn’t want to chance them inviting anything else to our house.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
773 posts

I know what you mean and I think most empaths feel that way. I have a busy family life, social life, and work life where I am constantly around people. And the biggest struggle for me after awakening was to get a handle on how to function when I am constantly bombarded by the energy of everyone around me. As a result, I come home from work and really enjoy my quiet time alone. My soul craves it as a time to recharge and heal from the day. But I do understand the loneliness that you speak of. We're very different and don't easily fit in most social situations. But yet the best part of being an empath is the ability to effect change by helping people or changing the energy in the room or situation. Once I realized that, it has made it much easier to deal with the anxiety and mood swings that I deal with as an empath.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
773 posts

@pinkrose:

I awakened as an empath about 3 years ago. But it really started for me about 9 years ago. And for the first 6 years I blocked it and tried to ignore it. I had no idea why I was having panic attacks all of the time, or why I couldn't stand to be around most people. And it was a very stressful existence. Back then I had no idea what an empath was. And I was so skeptical minded when I stumbled upon the definition of an empath that I was faced with the decision of either pursuing a mental illness solution, or a spiritual one. I chose correctly the spiritual route avoiding the anti-depressant path. And it's been much smoother sailing since accepting my empath trait and learning how to manage it. But I did have a pretty tough time being around people. I spent a lot of time avoiding people and hermiting alone as best as I could until I figured out how to shield and ground what I take in each day. I had to really clear out some toxic relationships out of my life. And since then, I've become pretty good at identifying narcs and emotionally toxic people and avoid them. 

But while I have learned to be around large groups of people, I still get tripped up with heightened anxiety in some group settings. And I have a terrible time in airports and with taking off in an airplane. I am not normally fearful of flying. But picking up the stress and scared of flying vibes from others has been something that I have not yet figured out how to get past. There is always a lot of adapting and learning to overcome certain things.

But circling back to our discussion about communicating with spirits, I stumbled across this interesting post on this subject from a well known medium. I thought I'd share it:

https://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2011/11/should-i-communicate-with-a-negative-presence-in-my-friends-home/

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
773 posts

@pinkrose:

You are very welcome!

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
4 months ago
79 posts

@pinkrose yes, i've had plenty of that since childhood. i wasn't aware that you call that spirits (sort of compartmentalised it away and not discussed it with anyone, anyways). 

i've had plenty of positive encounters, sometimes feeling like my whole energy system getting hyper-activated with light (light through all energy channels), sometimes colours, sometimes it actually felt like someone or something is healing me / rearranging things in my body in a positive way. sometimes it felt like receiving knowledge. sometimes it felt like i'm becoming someone else, identifying with someone/something that is pure and wiser than me (i'd sometimes "see" that in my inner eye as a bright blue outline overlaying mine). 

so just, plenty of those. 

negative ones, too; and as iv'e described elsewhere, sometimes negative ones transforming into positive ones when i interacted with them in very specific ways (kind of "feeling their pain" then seeing it/them dissolve/transform). 

which was perhaps the most confusing part for me, as this stuff seemed fluid, with things transforming depending on how i interact. crazy, anyways. 

sometimes i felt that also the "dark" spirits have something to tell me, that by "feeling their suffering" something is healed in me and some kind of gift or friendship/support from them remains as an aftereffect. but also something in me is integrated.

this was another confusing aspect, as it seemed like the boundary between me and that "other" (whatever it is / whatever you call it) often seemed fluid; affecting them would affect me and vice versa. 

are you familiar with that?

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book