Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
8 months ago
966 posts
Hi...yes....empaths can exhibit narcissistic tendencies...especially if they haven't learned how to remove a narcessist's cord of attatchment and roots....for myself that's the easiest and fastest method of healing myself after an encounter....I CHANGE when I speak to one....it seems the narcessist energy draws negative out of me...plus it really hurts ....and it can last forever...the link they attatch is quite painful to me as well....so I had to learn how to sever ALL connection to that person at the energy level then smudge and give myself plenty of rest to recover....once I learned how the fear I had when they attached is far less although it still freaks me out at how painful and wierd I feel and get...lol...i can clear them out and go on with my life...when I learned about these cords of attatchment I did a huge clearing of my energy of all build up of cords I had draining my energy...found some really BIG ones that had been embedded for a long time, draining me of energy...i removed them...and continue to do so on a regular basis....and yes...I always seem to know when someone has posted....It's like someone is letting me know so I check and voila....lol...there it is...lol...sometimes it takes awhile to understand what's going on with a person....I've learned that what's in a person's energy is NOT the same that's in their thoughts at given time....we are thinking many different things throughout the day...but our energy is never in sync with our brain....it hold a VAST amount of connections...memory...from your present life AND from past lives...so if you decide to do a clearing of cords don't forget those....I also have to remember that most people have not done this clearing of energy so they themselves may not actually BE narcessist but could still be attached at the energy level TO one...and they themselves are receiving the transfer of narcissistic energy through these cords....but I still remove the cords to that person to stop the energy transfer to me...it's not that big a deal...just a lot to explain...lol...so I'll be talking to a person...but I'll be listening to what they say....but analysing their energy at the same time...sometimes their energy doesn't match up with their words...or just sensing what they have around them in their energy...most of my encounters with people are rather brief but some of those peoples energy is just plain icky and i have to come home and smudge to clear it all out as some of it transfers to me...I carry crystals with me to help minimize any negative effects but being in contact with hords of people and not able to smudge my surroundings to clear the build up of negative energy left by the previous drivers wears my own defenses down...but I have my methods of recovery in place so it's not so scary anymore....I'm not in such a panic about it anymore....lol...
updated by @womanwhowalks: 02/11/18 12:34:44PM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
7 months ago
878 posts

@pinkrose:

I pick up on energy and emotion from messages, texts, emails. It's a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I can know how a person is really feeling. And a curse because picking up on other's emotional energy all the time gets me all jacked up with anxiousness and mood swings. It is definitely real. And as I read and respond to messages in this forum I generally pick up on the vibes of everyone posting. There is energy in everything. There is energy in spoken word, written word, and body language. And there is also energy in environment. This last one I find interesting as we humans leave an energetic imprint on our environment. Have you ever walked into an elevator with a couple that looked upset with each other as they exit? Their low anger and frustration energy left an imprint that you get to enjoy as you enter the elevator.

On your other question, empaths are typically very loving people. The type that help others before they help themselves. We'll give people the shirt off our backs if asked. Whereas narcs are self-absorbed, and self-centered to a fault. Empaths and narcs are polar opposites. I don't really see an empath acting like a narc. Although I will say that when we empaths become emotionally overloaded we will leak the negative energy that we take in and it will leak out in like kind. For example, let's say you had a rough day at work dealing with really angry and combative people. You may get home and be short tempered and snap at a loved one and get angry in response to that emotional energy overload. And I do think at a certain point an overloaded empath mind goes into survival mode and starts to become withdrawn and self-centered as a way to protect against further emotional stress. So from that respect, in freak out mode, an empath could show some self-centered traits for a very short period of time. 

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
7 months ago
966 posts
pinkrose:

@womanwhowalks thank you so much for taking the time out in sharing that with me! I feel kind of happy that I have some of the traits you mentioned. minus the narcy ones I hope lol

I don't think this person has any narc tendencies, I'm not one to judge, but I like to explore all angles. narcs is something that many empaths have clamied to come across, though I have never personally met a narc (I don't think) so its always great to learn from other's experiences and look out for tell tale signs should it ever arise.

crystals is something ive never tried, smudging I used to, but not since being this sensitive, I ought to revive that at some point. I'm not totally convinced by them, but id love to know what's worked for you in what ways and id like to give it a try?

is it ok if I send a friend request ?would love to learn from you, ive often read your posts and they're actually quite insightful.

Hi...I'd be happy to share with you what I can...and thanks for the compliment...lol...I tend to be blunt about things...i can come across as cold but that's not how I actually am....I'm still learning too as there are different energies floating around that is not always due to human emotions...I think your doing just fine in your understanding of self...that's where the learning starts...when you know yourself and are open to exploring everything...the fear does diminish....i'm a clairaudient and I hear spirit AND other types of energy....I find it quite odd at times what I can actually hear...but I think most empaths and 'normal' humans have these capabilities...the difference between the empath and NORMAL people is that empaths don't shy away from it...whereas the normal people don't want to admit it or face it....altho I do know that newly awakened empaths find it scary....i did too but also fascinating lol....which made if easy to go with the flow and learn...I had the help of spirit as well which was very much needed...and still is....So I do know a bit about the spirit world....anyway...I would be happy to help you if I can...plus it helped me a lot to find this site....I was able to finally connect to people like me who didn't judge me or condescend....I need to take time away from it...but I always come back....lol....
updated by @womanwhowalks: 02/16/18 04:03:01PM

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book