Have you ever lived or spent a lot of time in a known "vortex" area?

CatW1966
CatW1966
@wileycat
7 months ago
5 posts

Hello -

I am new to this forum after finally taking seriously the fact that I am an empath and I need to start handling that. I took a lot of quizzes online and my astrology natal chart was read by a semi-famous astrologer who pointed out my extreme psychic abilities and that I need to be careful of the environments and people I put myself in or around.

For the past 2.5 years, I have been living in a small, strange mountain town in Southern Colorado that is considered a known vortex area.

Previously, I was not sure I believed in such a thing, but after moving here, I now do.

I often have wondered if the intense feelings I get are a result of the geological factors involved - living at the base of very large mountains in vast valley that was considered "the bloodless valley" (a sacred, peaceful area) to the native peoples who were here before. And underneath, there is a large aquifer. Though I have never seen anything and am not a big believer, many claim alien contact and other types of sightings.

Anyway, the biggest problem I have living here is that I feel almost constantly like my functioning is jammed up in strange ways and like it is hard for me to get "worldly" things done here or concentrated on enough. We do have a lot of slackers in this town and I sometimes wonder if I am picking up on the laid back to slack energy here - or, or including, other factors that I cannot see.

It has taken this long to feel like my own energy has overcome whatever energy was in the house I moved into.

I either feel strangely wound up here or dead in the water with my energy. I do have issues with bipolar and chronic fatigue that come and go but this is different. This really effects me in odd ways. It's like feeling a low level of being disoriented. Like I will start cleaning my house and two hours later I can't continue because something is interfering that makes me feel confused, dizzy, and off-balance in a strange way. Maybe it's simply that I've never gotten used to the altitude.

My saving grace, is that I go often to the nearby hot springs. I feel totally grounded and normal when I get in the water and the sauna.

Like I mentioned, I've always had issues with depression, Fibro/CFS and anxiety/hypomania, but it is so amplified here in a strange way. It could be altitude, but I often feel it is something else as well - as if the odd energetics here are putting me on high alert over something or confusing me. I've never felt like this anywhere else.

This is also a place of strange synchronicities for me and odd karma. So I am trying to learn not to be so open to everyone around here as it causes me too much stress in the end.

Just wondering if anyone else who is an empath has ended up in a vortex type area and had strange things amplified in how they feel, experiences, etc. and how did you handle it? Sometimes I think I like it here and other times, I imagine myself moving away and saying to someone, "The place was beautiful, but I felt really off-balance there in a strange way and couldn't get enough done."

updated by @wileycat: 01/30/18 03:37:56AM
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
6 months ago
954 posts
Lol...my former residence is like that....it was a house that someone set up a black magic alter as well....a LOT of energy and spiritual turbulence there....but even in my present home I feel over energized then I have a loss of energy....i personally feel as if I'm being interfered with in some way...that not all my so called illnesses are 'real '....as I'm able on occasion to clear these so called illnesses when it gets bad...like today...all I'm hearing is 'call in sick...I've learned that that isn't anything coming from me...I feel off...but when I hear words coming from this energy I now know it's something else...and I can clear it....I've found other energies also interfering with my life that I've taken step to eject from my home which does make a difference....i'm a spiritual person and i know spirit can cause issues as well as help the living ....I've been fortunate to have the assistance of spirit to help me through this time of self discovery and to help me through this..well...fearful time ad well...you are probably on a ley line hub...energy hub...where the natural energy grid of the earth runs through....a lot of cities and towns....rivers churches...are built on or run along these energy lines...there's a lot of spiritual and energy turbulence ....also...you might try clearing out all the barcodes in your house...they emit an energy frequency that cause issues to people who are sensitive to energy...I had to remove them from everything in my house...now my house is MUCH quieter and even though I still get hit with in coming energy I'm no longer surrounded by the barcodes energy which I found to get in the way of understanding what was real and what was them....lol...
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
861 posts

@wileycat:

My best guess is that you are feeling what is classically known as empath fatigue. It's very common. An earth vortex does not usually sap your energy. Usually the opposite happens where you feel tranquil and recharged. I think what’s impacting you is where you are as a new empath and the people you encounter in your area.

You said you recently accepted that you are an empath. When this happens your conscious mind stops fighting the subconscious and your empathic abilities increase as you accept who you are. But since you are a relatively new empath you don't yet know how to control or shield what energy you take in from people. It's as if someone has your dial all the way up to the max and you don't yet know how to turn it down. As a result, your body goes into overload and starts having negative reactions. You may feel dizzy, headachy, anxious, and get sick often. And many people in this state feel very worn out and unmotivated. I have experienced what you are going through many times.

I don't know your area that well. But vortex areas attract a lot of different people bringing all of their problems in looking to heal and restart their lives. You're going to pick up on all of that. And over time it just builds and wears you out.

I don't know if you have heard about the term empath grounding. But that is what you need to do often (even daily until you feel better). Grounding releases all that energy that you have pulled in from others that is stuck in you and is causing you to not feel well. The reason the hot springs water felt so good to you is that it was giving you a form of grounding. Water has healing properties for empaths. You can step that up even further by taking Himalayan or rock salt baths at home. The salt and the water work well together to release that pent up negative energy that you carry.

I'd say step up the amount of time each week that you spend at the hot springs in addition to taking salt baths. And you should start noticing that you are feeling better. Another tip is to focus on getting a little more sleep each night. Not having adequate sleep can really make you more unstable as an empath the next day. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
861 posts

I thought I'd add in this link that relates:

http://belindadavidson.com/why-empaths-intuitives-often-have-bad-health-2/

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
6 months ago
954 posts
Ya...getting enough sleep is VERY important...and good quality sleep without waking....lol....THAT of course is a dream for most empaths as we struggle with sleep...I actually had ONE night that I slept through last week....lol...out of the 5 or six years of broken sleep...it was a real surprise...but good...lol
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
6 months ago
1,300 posts

For anyone like me who cannot stand the pain of sitting in a bathtub, you can lie down on a bed and make yourself shake. Keep shaking until you feel the excess energy is gone. I do it every morning and it feels great. You can use Mg oil on your skin, though I find it greasy, or just take plenty of Natural Vitality CALM Mg drink. It may not be as good as the epsom salts, but it's better than nothing.

That link is really good, thanks hop-daddy, but I do all of those things and still am very sick, which leads me to....

I know I sound like a broken record around here, but please don't assume that you do not actually have a physical illness! I have Lyme Disease, which has caused 3 different sleep disorders.  I normally wake up 3-7 times each night. I've had only 5 weeks of solid sleep in 32 years, which occurred when I was put on a drug called metronidazole. It 95% cured all my symptoms and allowed me to lead a normal life. I wish I could take it all the time, but over time it wrecks your liver, and produces resistant super bugs.  Doctors understand that I want quality over quantity of life, but they are too afraid of being sued. Anyway, you all know that saying about the word "assume", lol. 

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book