Grounding crystal

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
11 months ago
200 posts
As we all know/are learning grounding is key for empaths to live a healthy life. Consistent grounding is something I struggle with. As my name suggest I love crystals. The problem I have is that even with proper cleansing I tend to overload my crystals. At the moment I am out of town staying as a house guest with my cousin. In the short time that I have been here I have totaled my car, fought with my mom, and learned some hard facts about my dad. I have been meditating like crazy, however it is hard to get comfortable as none of my family know I am an empath. When they found out I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder they assumed it meant I was crazy.(yes that idea still exist in the world). I found my self still struggling after meditating for an hour. That never happens. So I went down to the one crystal shop I could find and found great relief. Now I know different crystals work for different people. However as far as I am concerned I have found the perfect Crystal for empathic grounding. Black kyanite. This delicate crystal worked instantly. While it can't be kept in the pocket as it is a 3 on the hardness scale, I have a pendant that has become my new favorite. I plan on buying a bunch more. Even now as I sit in a house that is full of overloading energies, I feel the energy actively flowing through my feet into the earth. I feel permanatly rooted. I suggest that every empath go to a Crystal shop and at least pick up a black kyanite stone and see how you like it. I love it.
Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
11 months ago
780 posts
Thanks for sharing @crystalsage 😊
One of my favorites for grounding is magnetized hematite....some call it magnetite, lately I’ve been wearing it around the clock and find I’m much more grounded and centered. If you try it, it’s best to start wearing it slowly as your body has to get used to it gradually...at least in my case. Glad to hear your surviving in your situation. It can be hard to be around family when no one knows that you are an empath and things can get....ummm .....dysfunctional for a lack of better words
Blessings
updated by @cat-whisperer: 01/05/18 06:26:08PM
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
11 months ago
975 posts
I love black kyanite as well...blue kyanite is really good at unblocking your throat chakra...I bot a bunch so I would have them in easy reach....and sometimes i carry them to work....I find howlite to be a very calming stone...i was so impressed with it i bot a bracelet made of howlite...selinite is also one of my favorite....have quite a few of those...big and small....lol...and I also have a few of the magnetic hematite...lol...it seems i've definitely become a collector as I have quite few baskets full of crystals...lol...and I love em all!...lol...before I new I was an empath I also had difficulty spending time with my family....even now I don't see much of them...and when I do I don't stay long...I think a lot of us have had family difficulties and can understand how you're feeling right now....but it does get a bit better as you get older and become more confident in yourself...I'm less afraid and more able to stand up for myself now....but I still don't stick around long....the sooner I can get away the better....lol
updated by @womanwhowalks: 01/05/18 10:16:46PM
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
11 months ago
200 posts
@cat-whisperer I also love hemitite. In fact that is what ii went into the store to get. Although I don't have much experience with it. I currently own two rings and am looking for more to keep in my room. I plan on turning my bedroom into a grounding space so that I can release all the access energy in a safe space.

@womanwhowalks this is my first experience with kyanite. I picked it up and felt an immediate difference. I will look into the blue kyanite. When I'm at my worst I tend to lose my words so I do a lot of work with my throat chakra.

As far as the family are concerned the kyanite is really helping. I feel less concerned with the drama and feel like I am back too my happy and fun loving self. Yes things are shake right now but there are always ups and downs to life. I realize I can spend my life focusing on the negative or learn to enjoy the positive.

Thanks ladies for the advice and info.
updated by @crystalsage: 01/06/18 08:10:59AM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
11 months ago
930 posts

@crystalsage:

I have learned to love crystals. Early on as a realized empath, it was a game changer for me. It gave me a force field and really made living more tolerable as I am more shielded from energy around me.

My advice on the kyanite is to go with blue kyanite. That does a good job of balancing all chakras when you keep it close to your body. And if you have an overactive chakra that is making you more sensitive than the blue kyanite will help get everything back to normal. But it's not a protection stone in the traditional sense.

I have heard a lot of people liking hematite for protection and grounding. But for me that stone makes me dizzy. I for some reason don't tolerate it well. But I absolutely love black tourmaline, black onyx, and shungite for my protection stone tri-fecta. I keep all three on me at all times and they do a good job limiting what I take in each day. And then I wanted to add that I have become a fan of malachite. Malachite actually pulls the negative out of your body so this is a good one to use at the end of the day or when sleeping as it makes a noticeable difference with helping you feel better.

And lastly, I found that sleeping with a salt bowl near your head on a nightstand really pulls negative out of you at night. I put water in the salt bowl as I think that works best. But some others just have salt all by itself in a bowl (don't use processed table salt use a raw salt like rock salt). I have learned that salt is a fantastic neutralizer for empaths. In fact on a few occasions in my life I have walked into a salt cave and felt refreshed and almost reborn within minutes. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
11 months ago
930 posts

@crystalsage:

One more thing. Lapis Lazuli is a great stone for your throat chakra. It's a good one to meditate with or just keep in near you. It does have some protection qualities. But it is known mostly for being one of the best stones for throat chakra issues (which tie into how you communicate). 

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
11 months ago
975 posts
Ya...I understand about loosing your words...my mom has that effect on me too....I think she's trained me to do that from childhood...how she has spoken to me and not allowed me to respond or defend myself...everytime I'm with her I'm listening to her words and feeling like everytime she talks to me it's a trap of some sort to start picking on me....she'll pause to 'let'me respond but i've learned that if I do I open myself up for ridicule and condescension and rudeness and verbal abuse....so my brain tends to go blank when she talks to me....everything I'm thinking just flies out....it's so odd...lol..but since i've started wearing crystal I'm more grounded and able to respond back a bit more....in essence she shut me down as a child and it 's a carry over into adulthood....I know what it is but it's a very hard thing to overcome....
updated by @womanwhowalks: 01/06/18 11:23:02AM
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
10 months ago
200 posts
@womanwhowalks yeah that sounds similar to my mom. She overshadowed me so much that when I thought it was in her voice. I was that used to being in her shadow. I am getting better at standing up for myself. We got into an argument because I called her on something she did. When she got really angry I stopped talking. If I had continued she would have dug into me until she got me to scream like her. I felt much better not reacting to her.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
10 months ago
200 posts
@hop-daddy thanks for the tip. I plan on picking some blue kyanite up when I get home. I haven't tried yet malachite yet, but I'd be interested to see how I like it.
Also very interesting about the salt. I can't wait to try it.
And I carry your stone trifecta along with a few extra personal favorites.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
10 months ago
930 posts

Good luck. Each empath reacts differently to different stones. Although the ones I suggested seem to work consistently for most. And pretty much everyone has benefitted from salt baths. I hope it all helps you.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book