Constantly exhausted

angelgabeandme
@angelgabeandme
4 weeks ago
5 posts
I've known I'm an empath for about 8 years now. For the past while I have been feeling both physically and emotionally exhausted all the time. I struggle getting out of bed and trying to get to sleep is even more difficult.

I have tried various vitamins and herbal supplements and have had my bloods checked which came up completely normal.

Has anybody been experiencing similar or know anything that may help?
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 weeks ago
578 posts

@angelgabeandme:

Welcome to the community. And what you are feeling is very normal and typical for an empath. You are going through what I call empath burnout. We are emotional sponges absorbing the energies that we encounter each day. And when our sponge gets full, we start to malfunction. We get anxiety attacks, have trouble sleeping, and then other physical health issues start to manifest. When I am going through burnout I start having an increase in stomach discomfort and seem to catch about every germ that is going around (almost as if I have zero immunity). But when I go to a doctor during that time they test me and tell me my blood readings indicate that I am in perfect health. The empath burnout syndrome that starts causing physical problems is not something that modern medicine can explain. In my case I'm sick or in a lot of stomach pain and the doctors will tell me I check out just fine. I even had a stomach endoscopy scoping procedure years ago and they said nothing was wrong but yet I had constant daily stomach pain.

I have good news bad news for you. The bad news is that as an empath you are probably going to have some times each year where you get emotionally overwhelmed and experience this burn-out syndrome. The good news is that this is your body's way of telling you that you need to make some adjustments in your life. And the better news is that there are ways to heal yourself and squeeze out your empath sponge so that you can return to a more normal existence.

Since you have been an empath for almost a decade, can you let me know what you do to relax and for fun? And do you meditate or practice grounding out the energies that you take in? Let me know and then I can add some suggestions to help you feel better.

angelgabeandme
@angelgabeandme
4 weeks ago
5 posts
@hop-daddy thank you so much for your insight, it has helped me a lot. I am going to read up some more on empath fatigue syndrome. I have also been reading about 'adrenal fatigue' which appears to be a common problem that empaths experience.

To relax I'm a pretty creative person and love arts and pretty much anything creative such as knitting, crochet etc but even found lately with being so tired that I can't focus on my hobbies for very long
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 weeks ago
578 posts

Yes, adrenal fatigue is definitely a problem. And like you said is a very common empath physical ailment. When not in balance your adrenals can keep you from sleeping and make you really agitated and hair-trigger anxious. Take a look at this post from a while back where we discussed this:

http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/community/forum/my_posts/48425/please-take-an-empath-poll

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
4 weeks ago
835 posts
Hop Daddy:

@angelgabeandme:

Welcome to the community. And what you are feeling is very normal and typical for an empath. You are going through what I call empath burnout. We are emotional sponges absorbing the energies that we encounter each day. And when our sponge gets full, we start to malfunction. We get anxiety attacks, have trouble sleeping, and then other physical health issues start to manifest. When I am going through burnout I start having an increase in stomach discomfort and seem to catch about every germ that is going around (almost as if I have zero immunity). But when I go to a doctor during that time they test me and tell me my blood readings indicate that I am in perfect health. The empath burnout syndrome that starts causing physical problems is not something that modern medicine can explain. In my case I'm sick or in a lot of stomach pain and the doctors will tell me I check out just fine. I even had a stomach endoscopy scoping procedure years ago and they said nothing was wrong but yet I had constant daily stomach pain.

I have good news bad news for you. The bad news is that as an empath you are probably going to have some times each year where you get emotionally overwhelmed and experience this burn-out syndrome. The good news is that this is your body's way of telling you that you need to make some adjustments in your life. And the better news is that there are ways to heal yourself and squeeze out your empath sponge so that you can return to a more normal existence.

Since you have been an empath for almost a decade, can you let me know what you do to relax and for fun? And do you meditate or practice grounding out the energies that you take in? Let me know and then I can add some suggestions to help you feel better.

Great explanation hop-daddy...lol...just squeezing out my own sponge today....lol...
Nocturne's Angel
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
4 weeks ago
873 posts

If you haven't yet done so,  I'd recommend looking to pressure point relief therapy.

angelgabeandme
@angelgabeandme
4 weeks ago
5 posts
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'll definitely look into those things because the tiredness has become so consuming
Goodenergyhealing
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
4 weeks ago
375 posts

I had chronic fatigue for 10 years. What mostly got me out of it seems to be high(er) dosed Vit D3 and good probiotics (Kefir, fermented foods, et al.). I needed at least 10.000IU D3 per day for the last years, but have moved to Germany a few months back, and there is so much depression flying about here that I currently take 50.000+IU a day. For taking larger doses than 10.000IU per day one should have ones calcium levels checked regularly though (and one might have to stop eating dairy, which for me as a vegan is no problem),  and take Vit K2 too (and possibly magnesium). A good website for D3 is vitamindprotocol.com

Since taking D3 my serum levels have at times been higher than 'normal' range (I am pretty sure they are currently off the scale), but I made the conscious informed decision to rather be functioning/content/sometimes even happy,  than miserable....

I also ask/pray for regular energy cleansings for myself, my bodies and my life, and do lots of grounding visualizations. Plus I found that my sleep patterns had shifted, i.e. I turned into an owl after my spiritual awakening. If I get up before 11am (regardless when I went to bed), the chances of me feeling crap and the day being an almost write off are too great. Fortunately being self employed i simply work afternoons and evenings....

Lastars
Lastars
@lastars
4 weeks ago
113 posts

Hi Angel, I believe narrowing down what is going on needs much more scrutinizing.

as an all round tonic TUMERIC is helpful also Bio-Strath (original) for fatigue and stress.

however......perhaps look into HSP highly sensitive people. Fatigue and needing to withdraw is a main trait. There are numerous YouTube vids, Elaine Aron seems to be the originator/discoverer of this condition. Often labeled as shy or introverted, but not always the case HSP has physiological reasons, our brain is different. A huge % of HSP suffer from chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, PTSD.

this is a long vid, however he goes into lots of the unusual traits and quirky stuff associated with being HSP. HSP are natures problem solvers, we are much more aware, notice many more details/observations and that is why we go into overwhelm or get exhausted as we can be working 5X's harder then joe average. 15-20% of the population is HSP - equally spread amongst the sexes.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 weeks ago
578 posts

@goodenergyhealing:

My doctor recently told me that I needed to supplement D3 to get my serum levels up. (Apparently vitamin D deficiency is pretty common). But she warned about over doing it. I have seen your posts where you noted that you are take a higher than recommended amount. Are there side effects from taking levels that high? And are you noticing additional benefits from being at such a high level?

Goodenergyhealing
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
4 weeks ago
375 posts

Hop Daddy:

My doctor recently told me that I needed to supplement D3 to get my serum levels up. (Apparently vitamin D deficiency is pretty common). But she warned about over doing it. I have seen your posts where you noted that you are take a higher than recommended amount. Are there side effects from taking levels that high? And are you noticing additional benefits from being at such a high level?

There is a doctor in Brazil, who treats autoimmune diseases, espcl MS, with high doses of D3 (some at over 100.000Iu a day). Supposedly as long as those patients keep an eye on their calcium (many have to give up dairy), they are fine.... That said there one study that shows that life guards in Israel, who have naturally high D3 serum levels form sun (over long periods of time), have higher incidences of kidney stones (but then they likely do not take vit K2)? IMO one should inform oneself (eg the link  I posted). Many doctors are still recommending very low doses of D3 (like 400-1000IU daily), as that is what they learned in med school years ago (as did I in the 90s (not a doc here though)). Whereas with all the most recent studies taking up to 10.000IU daily is safe....

Personally I had my GP scare me into reducing my dosage thrice, and each time my mood, stress resilience sunk, until I upped again. The very high doss here in Germany the last few months seem necessary, as even at 10000Iu pd my mood was terrible (I woke up with anxiety attacks most mornings, with some suicidal thoughts). I am anticipating that I will be able to reduce my dose over the months/ years, as energetic resistance here lessens....

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 weeks ago
1,228 posts

I've been taking 10,000 IU of vit. D3 daily for a decade with no ill effects. I was taught it should be dosed by your weight, not one size fits all. I have my blood  level tested twice yearly, but that is the doctor's idea not mine. I am not worried. Also agree about Mg, and love Natural Calm Mg drink mix before bed for relaxation. Kefir also is a daily drink for me, mixed with a green drink powder. I use theanine daily and tryptophan nightly, as well as Seriphos when I get especially wired and can't sleep. Recently started non-flush vit. B3, which seems to be helping already. 

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
3 weeks ago
337 posts
This appears to be normal for empaths. I'm exhausted alot too. During the work I struggle with sleep, on the weekends I catch up. Then it starts all over again. I came in contact with another empathic person at work years and she felt the same burnout I am currently experiencing. Once she left she felt better. She learned to listen to the universe and guide her. I'm trying to do the same. Right now not only am I exhausted all the time, I have chronic headaches and stomach pain. It goes away when I'm far away from work.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 weeks ago
19 posts
I keep a pouch of assorted crystals near my second chakra. I find it helps me process the outside energy much faster. Which in turn soothes my stomach and greatly decreases my fatigue. I also do a grounding meditation with shungite and cerussite. Hold one piece of each in each hand and stand with knees slightly bent. Focus on breathing and try to clear your mind. You will feel a heaviness in the feet and may also experience shaking. The heaviness may hurt the first time as there may be a lot to release.the shaking is good. It is the foreign energy leaving the body. If you feel cold, stop and layer up, your energy is stuck. Keep warm. As you practice more you will feel your body sway This is great! I have experienced empath symptoms for as long as I can remember. This works wonders. My pain is gone, my moods are more reasonable. And I am much more aware of when and whose energy I pick up on.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book