Am i emphatic or crazy ? confused!

Shevone
Shevone
@shevone
2 months ago
7 posts

random experiences....

Some times my thoughts and emotions are so amplified sometimes negative words hurt when said by people and after while im sitting trying to dismiss the hurt, i blurt out, negative comments about myself as if im talking to myself as another person, im my head and sometimes out loud, that hurts even more ... i have no idea why that happens...

i had an argument with my friend in her car while she was driving(we were both so filled with angry)and she told me to get out of her car and while it was moving i opened the door and jumped out , with out thinking nor rationalizing, it was as if i was on auto pilot, i got hurt pretty bad and up to this day i dont know why that happened...

i remember trying to help a friend through a depressive day that she was having and ended up feeling depressed to point where i physically started walking as if i wanted to get away from the emotions and feelings and ended up by the sea side trying to get over what i was feeling. After going home and calling my friend i realized that she was no long depressed, my friend was happy and i was sad and depressed... what sort of transfer was that?

i AM so obsessed with finding out what life really is and at times regret that im human, i know that im different but sometimes i dont know to put the pieces together ...  i think i go crazy sometimes trying to fiind out what this is all about 

Am i emphatic or going crazy?

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 months ago
835 posts
You're definitely an empath...what happened is that your friend transferred all her negative energy to you...you absorbed it all...now you have to get rid of it....that's part of this is that it seems that we attract negative energy from others....at times I'll actually feel that energy come from a person into me....sometimes it's a small amount and it doesn't take long to clear...or it's a lot and it may take me a few days and some people take a week or more...to be able to clear it all...those are tough times...we all have different ways of clearing this type of energy....I smudge...and have crystals to help....taking Epsom salt baths...getting out into nature....are ways we have to discharge that energy.....but just so you know....NONE of that is you....you are not depressed...or unhappy....it's the energy you absorbed from someone else....you are NOT going crazy...not one bit....it's what makes us who we are....I've been absorbing energy in this manner for a long time and i never understood what it was....but now I do and can handle it better....and even tho I've known for the last 6 years or so....I still get freaked out on occasion...So it's not perfect....lol...I spend a lot a time alone....I'm very sensitive to energy and sometime I get overwhelmed....So I have to take a step back and rest....i had to do a lot of energy work to get the point where I am able to tell the difference between my own emotions and someone else's...once you get to know you and have the methods of clearing this energy from yourself in place I think you'll be just fine....
updated by @womanwhowalks: 12/04/17 12:05:49AM
Deborah Craig
Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
2 months ago
74 posts

@shevone I totally agree with@ women who..It's difficult at times even to know who you picked up.I can pick up even if the person isn't near me.We can be so sensitive that even if you pass by a stranger you may pick up from them.Anyway if I'm feeling ok and then out of nowhere, I'm sad that's one way I know it's not me..At times I feel this is a curse..I always pick up the negative,I don't recall being down and then wham happy!😁I feel at times I should just sit in the Epsom salt baths all day ,but if anything it's also a exfoliated and helps my body feel good...I'm in the city and don't have much nature around me...Now I wear gem stones and I was just drawn to them.i sold all my gold when it went up to 1900 dollars an ounce..I have experienced different ways of picking up people's emotions.I was at a wedding and I had to leave.I started crying where the tears were just pouring out,but I went to the ladies room felt fine and went back into the wedding and it started all o ER again.Dud thus 4 times and I said to my husband let's go ..I was fine once out of the room..This wedding when I walked into the room was just beautiful..These were tears to me of being overwhelmed by the beauty and I guess everyone felt like I did,lol...When these experiences started there wasn't a name called Empath that I knew of..I found out about being an Empath only 5 yrs ago,although where I grew up and still live this is normal for many.Who interprets dreams,etc....😁❤️

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
2 months ago
96 posts

If your trying to share these experiences with people that can't relate they will think your "crazy" or at least have some psychological issues. These are spiritual issues, and it doesn't mean your insane just because your experience is different. People just do not have a clear understanding of what emotions can do. They think they keep their emotions to themselves and no one knows what they actually are feeling. You may be one that does. Which means the emotions you feel are not yours. They have to be cleared out. You do this by shielding and grounding. Learn these two skills and it will help you feel more in control. Practice these techniques daily and learn about what you are. It's a spiritual gift you must embrace to free yourself from the control others have over you.

Shevone
Shevone
@shevone
2 months ago
7 posts

Thank you all so much for the clarity (blessings, gratitude and love to you all) ! i guess i have to now know grounding and cleansing skills and i definitely need to know how to distinguish my emotions from others. but how ?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
578 posts

@shevone:

Am I correct that you are fairly new at this empath stuff? If so, type in grounding or empath grounding on this site and in Google and read up on that. As an empath you are a sponge soaking up all sorts of energy around you without you even trying. That's just who you are and how you are wired. And the bad energy really hangs on and takes longer for you to clear out of you without grounding and other meditation techniques. When your mind and body as an emotional sponge gets full, you are going to experience some tough times. Certain people's tones and words will really hurt and you won't know why. And you will also tend to attract more negative during a time like this when your sponge is full and you are vulnerable. Things will feel more amplified and intense. You have to ring out that sponge by grounding and really refresh yourself so that you can be at your best each day.

I also wanted to help you by analyzing part of what you said:

After going home and calling my friend i realized that she was no long depressed, my friend was happy and i was sad and depressed... what sort of transfer was that?

Part of what makes you attractive to people is the fact that you are an energy changer as an empath. People don't quite understand why but they just feel better around you. They bring their problems to you and after talking to them they leave feeling better and you feel worse. Does this sound familiar? Without knowing your friend vented her anger out on you and after settling down felt better like she got it off her chest. The clouds cleared for her and she ended up in a happy place. And you felt like a big emotional upset mess, right? That's because you took some of her charged angry energy and gave her some solace in exchange. And then you leave the situation with your hurt feelings and her anger wrapped up in you. When we all adapt as empaths you will be able to take people's low energy (be it anger, sadness, anxiety), and transmute it to good energy that makes them feel better. But the low energy has to go somewhere. And it stays in you until you ground it out.

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
2 months ago
96 posts

There is so much good information on this website in the Empath Survival Program. But that is just a start. You can find many good books on amazon. I suggest you study for awhile and take it all in. Don't rush, it takes time. There is so much to know. This is essentially a super power you'll have to harness. Once you learn the things you have to do to Thrive as an Empath(by Trevor Lewis & Abbigayle McKinney) You can go on to The Book of Storms which is a course study for people like us. You can be a powerful force that will change the world. 

Personal note: I hate being human, but I love humanity anyway.

Shevone
Shevone
@shevone
2 months ago
7 posts

THANK YOU FOR SHARING...

Greetings everyone, thanks again for the help , i appreciate the time you took out of your day to give me some advice and help me to connect part of the puzzle. im one more step closer to understanding what is happening to me ,Its exciting knowing that i have a gift that can change the world, i have so many questions.

Like, what is the purpose of having this gift? What is our job as empaths ? How i understand it is that we are filters, we filter out negative energy and replace it with positive ... If this is my purpose here on earth then i love it !

In the past, i pretty much wanted to be a humanitarian but was feeling so much pain that i started to withdraw, i guess i was observing so much different energy and emotions, i felt every negative feeling and energy that someone else felt about me, as if i would spend a brief moment in their minds that was so intense that i wanted to cut a hole in my body and have the pain and hurt and feelings run out, these were terrible times... Now i can look back and say, "that is what was happening". 

But if this is my calling i truly embrace it and would from time to time seek the help of any empath that is willing to help.

i will be doing research and much reading(grounding and clensing etc), thanks for the names of the books. Im trying to get crystals but in the part of the world where i live its hard to come by. Will definitely try Epsom salt baths

@hop-daddy : Yes, i just discovered the word empath a few months ago but didnt want to be paroniod or delusional  or quick to self diagnose. and for all of the questions you asked, yes, thats exactly what happen and what i felt

love vibration and Peace and gratitude to all

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
578 posts

@shevone:

@bing just posted a really nice article about empathy that really sums it all up. You may enjoy taking a look at it:

http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/community/forum/new_posts/49223/traits-of-empaths

Shevone
Shevone
@shevone
2 months ago
7 posts

@hop-daddy : thanks for the link

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 months ago
337 posts
You are not crazy, just highly empathic.
Shevone
Shevone
@shevone
2 months ago
7 posts

@tigerlily: thank you 

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book