Eyes Wide Open Meditaiton

sashacat1995
@sashacat1995
10 months ago
40 posts

Hello my beautiful empaths.

Today I tried something new (to me) and that's meditating with my eyes open. Have any of you had any experience with this? What has it been like?

updated by @sashacat1995: 03/09/18 06:54:19PM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
10 months ago
875 posts

@sashacat1995:

I have a grounding meditation where I have my eyes open. I usually try to do this some place outside in nature that is quiet and tranquil without much animal activity to distract me. It can be a little tough at times to meditate with my eyes open since I find it hard to relax my mind and get out of my head with eyes open. But when it goes right, I can really feel the cleansing energy that I draw in from nature with the sun and wind touching me. And the visual part of that is very beautiful and relaxing.

I'd love to hear how it went for you?

sashacat1995
@sashacat1995
10 months ago
40 posts
Well the very first time i tried it it was amazing. I used a clear quartz as my focal point and I felt really connected with it. I’ve been trying the same thing with an amethyst but it just hasn’t been the same. With the quartz it was like this vibration in my head.
sashacat1995
@sashacat1995
7 months ago
40 posts

@pinkrose

I love crystals!  But initially I wasn't very impressed.  I think I would hold them and expect them to do crazy things.  My friend touched a crystal once and it burned her.  My boyfriend also gets really strong sensations from them.  For me it's very hit or miss.  I have some crystals that I feel really affect my emotions.  Clear quartz and Agates give me strange vibrations if I'm deep in meditation.  Other crystals, like selenite give me weird feelings a while after the fact.  Like meditating with Selenite, and then being somewhat ungrounded (floaty feeling) later the next day.  

Generally, I think if you expect less they give more.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
7 months ago
875 posts

@sashacat1995:

I'm a huge crystal person. In fact, using protection stones was a game changer for me as I adjusted to being an empath. I don't know how I would have kept sane without it. And I have discovered more and more crystals over the years that have helped me and my environment in various ways. In fact I was just laughing at my 14 year old daughter the other day because she said I was embarrassing her by leaving me spiritual books and crystals where her friends can see them at our house.

I have found with crystals that you first have to 100% open yourself up to the belief that they will work. If you go into it thinking "I guess I'll give this crazy Shirley Maclean mumbo-jumbo a try", you will likely block their benefit. That's how I was initially and the whole experience was a dud. To get it to work you have to open yourself up to believing that they will help you with the intent of your purpose. You also have to clean and re-energize them regularly or their functional powers will dull. And along those lines don't share your stones with others or immediately use them after buying them. You don't want to pick up on other people's energies that imprint on the stone. Always clean them before use when you buy them new. If you need tips on that let me know.

Some people do pick up on stones and will feel a vibration, a warming sensation, or even a shock feeling. Some stones make me feel high energy while others make me feel a bit nauseous and dizzy. You should visit a crystal store some time and hold various stones and see what your initial reaction is. If there is a crystal or stone that is useful to you but makes you feel weird, you may adapt to it over time. I also want to say that just because a stone doesn't make you feel something doesn't mean it isn't helping you. One of my favorite protection stones is black tourmaline. I feel nothing when holding it, but it is the stone that has made the biggest difference with protecting me from low people energy while I am at work or out in public.

I did want to note that if you walk into a crystal store with friends who are not empaths or sensitives, they will likely not feel anything from the crystals and stones. Those people are not wired like us so they just aren't ready to feel what we feel. 

sashacat1995
@sashacat1995
7 months ago
40 posts

@hop-daddy

I'd love to hear how you clean your crystals.  I've seen many versions on the internet, but I'm not sure which is most effective.  

It's funny that your daughter makes fun of you!  I've converted my Mom, my youngest brother (11) and even my skeptical Dad.  You get a crystal, he gets a crystal, CRYSTALS FOR EVERYONE.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
7 months ago
875 posts

@pinkrose and @sashacat1995:

When in a crystal store, they say to focus on stones and crystals that you feel drawn to. But from my experience, I always feel a little overwhelmed by all of the energies in crystal stores. Sometimes I have to limit my time there. And I was at one store about a year ago and picked up a baseball sized hematite sphere. And I immediately got hit with vertigo and felt sick to my stomach. I guess that sphere was too strong for me. So depending on how sensitive you are, you may experience feeling a little off with some crystals and stones. There have also been a few that I have touched that made me feel energetic and happy. But like I said previously, the majority of crystals and stones that I use daily don’t give me a feeling at all. But they work very well in improving my life. The key is to understanding which ones do what. Some are great meditation stones. While others have healing or protective powers.

Here's a good book I found that you may want to check out to tell you what the various crystals will do. Since not everyone responds to crystals the same, not all of the book's crystal recommended healing powers have worked for me. But also many have worked well so I'd say it's 50/50 for me on what works and what doesn’t. And a few crystals that didn’t work well for me have helped out others that I know.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1904991637/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
7 months ago
875 posts

@sashacat1995:

Both my teenage kids made fun of me when I started using crystals. And I guess I can't blame them. It did feel a little woo-woo when I first considered it. But both my kids are empaths and they now use crystals as well and benefit from them. My son like me won't leave the house without protection stones in his pocket. And my daughter is the forgetful type and will forget to bring protection stones with her and like clockwork she will have a bad day when she leaves the house unprotected. But she's starting to remember more often as she can see the difference first hand with how her days go.

I like to tell people that the protection stone category is kind of like sun screen for empaths. It's not going to block all of the bad stuff out there that you pick up each day. But it does do a decent job limiting negative energy that you take in. And some empaths do well with crystals and stones near them in a room. But I have noticed that my kids and I have to have body contact with the stones & crystals in order for them to work best. My daughter has some bracelets that I found for her. And my son and I have a small pouch of protection stones that we keep in our pockets.

But coming full circle to your question on cleaning. I clean my crystals and stones that I use daily every couple days. And I always cleanse them when I buy them new. Some people say putting crystals and stones under running tap water cleans them. Other say prayers and channel white light over them. And I've met quite a few people who feel that leaving them out in the moonlight works. What I like to do is leave them in sunlight for 24 hours. I have duplicates of several of the stones and will alternate stones every couple days so that I'm using a reenergized set while the other set is sitting in the sun. But not all stones do well in the sun so you have to do a little research. Amethyst for example will bleach and lose its power from sitting in sun. But another good stone cleaning method is to put your stones in a cup of salty water for 8-12 hours. The salt really helps neutralize any bad energy that the stones have taken on.

sashacat1995
@sashacat1995
7 months ago
40 posts

@hop-daddy

Do you take the time to program them after cleaning?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
7 months ago
875 posts

@s

ashacat1995:

I generally don't program them. My reason is that first off, only some crystals are programable (like quartz). And secondly, I did some research and quite a few experts use the crystals and stones with respect for what they are good for. But instead of programming their crystals, they instead program their own life with intent and manifesting. I've followed that path. In fact, I've done a lot of reading about the power of attraction and how we unconsciously attract good and bad in our lives and that this can be controlled by focusing on manifesting good. I've been working on that myself and have seen some progress that it works.

I'd love to hear from others that program their crystals as to how they do it and how well it works for them. But so far for me I've been able to focus on my own intent while using each crystal and stone to benefit my health and well-being.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book