Empaths and Food

GardenTiger
GardenTiger
@gardentiger
11 months ago
17 posts

Hi all,

Have I mentioned already how much I love this community and this forum? I really appreciate having found it as I get so much great advice and input here, so thank you all already for reading this.

Now, I am curious about what you other Empaths out there eat. Do you take some special care in your diet? i.e. are you vegetarian for example or avoid certain foods for reasons of your empathy and how the food makes you feel?

For me, my relationship with food has been very difficult all my life and I see now this may be connected to me being an empath. As a child I ate virtually nothing. My parents dragged me to doctors for that reason, fearing I may be suffering of malnutrition because I avoided so much food and simply could not eat it. I don't know where that came from, suspect it could be linked to a past life but a not sure. It became better when I grew older but food is a 'problem' for me still.

I became a vegetarian when I was around 16 years old, and a vegan bin my late 20ies up to today. I remember a few instances in my childhood where I felt really really bad after eating meat and I believe now, I picked up on it's energy back then. For myself I can say since skipping meat and especially since skipping all dairy and other animal products, I feel so much more alive and energized! This type of food didn't do me much good and for me it's the right way to cut it out completely (this of course may be very different for you others out there, I'm not being preachy or anything)

Recently, I have been receiving lots of signs about wheat and refined sugar. I keep on bumping into the topic and it made me curious so I read up on it and learned how destructive both really are to the body. I try to skip wheat for now completely and try the same with sugar later on and see how I feel about it. For wheat I can say that most bread and products made of it feel simply 'empty' to me, so I try to eat more food that has good and clear energy, such as salads and fresh vegetables. Wholesome food so to say. 

Long story short, I believe food can have a great impact on us and affect our wellbeing considerably, since we pick up on it's energy and may feel this much more intense than other people. Would love to hear how it is for you and what your relationship to food is like :)

Much love.

updated by @gardentiger: 12/10/17 11:53:55AM
sashacat1995
@sashacat1995
11 months ago
40 posts
I totally agree. I’m actually transitioning to being a vegetarian to see if that helps me to develop and understand my abilities.

I may still eat meat once or twice a week to ensure I’m getting the right amount of proteins, but tomorrow I’m doing a juice cleanse and after that I’m paying more attention to what i eat.
GardenTiger
GardenTiger
@gardentiger
11 months ago
17 posts

Great that you are transitioning to vegetarianism, I can only recommend it. It's also possible to eat enough protein without meat, legumes are a great source for example :) 

I tried a juice cleanse in the past, for 3 days. it was easier than I thought and I didn't feel hungry at all. Good luck with it, I should do it again sometimes.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
11 months ago
896 posts

If you are very sensitive you may pick up on animal energy from food. Or the energy from people that handle your food before it gets in your carts at the store. I've talked to empaths who switched to being vegetarian or vegan. But then they still felt bad and picked up on energy from someone along the supply chain who handled their food that had sad energy. I have to say if this describes you, that would be very tough. I don't know what you do as an empath if meat or veggies impact you. You would almost have to meditate and ground out the bad after each meal.

I did want to mention that most empaths deal with a lot of stomach pain/discomfort in general. And I believe this is due to emotional energy that we take in impacting the solar plexus chakra at top of stomach and sacral chakra at the bottom of stomach. When we don't handle the energy environment well, that pent up emotional energy starts to transfer as pain, swelling, and burning in those areas.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
11 months ago
896 posts

One of my favorite empath books has a chapter where an empath who goes a deli one day for lunch. And that empath remarks that his sandwich is made by an attractive young lady who seems really happy. And he notes how great his sandwich tastes and what a positive experience that deli was. And then he makes plans to go back to that same deli the next day. And the same young lady makes his sandwich but her mood seems quite different and sad. And when he ate that sandwich he became really nauseous. He later heard that the girl found out that her boyfriend was cheating on her and was devastated that day. And that deep painful energy transferred to the food that she was making (and the day before her happy energy also transferred to the food).

Picking up on food energy is a subset of empath energy sensitivity that seems a bit rare. I think it would be really challenging to live and be so impacted by any low energy coming out of food. I'd love to hear how those of you who deal with this handle it? Do you just really wash and make your own food and mostly stick to veggies?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
11 months ago
896 posts

@angeldelight:

I think as a fairly new empath you will deal with the question of "is this my energy" quite often. I still do. I'll be going about my day and will suddenly become very angry, sad, depressed etc... My whole life I've been known to be "moody" at the flip of a switch. And now as an empath I actually now understand that my personality is pretty chill, but it's these outside energies that make me moody. Recognizing that has helped me improve in relationships. So you'll get better over time to identify if it's your energy or someone else's energy that is influencing you.

I also think that empaths have particularly strong energies. There have been a few times I recall when I have been "fit to be tied" angry after an unpleasant discussion with a girlfriend. And I could feel the anger seething out of me. And although I tried my best in public at that time to put on a neutral & calm expression to try to be more presentable, people literally jumped out of my way as I walked by. I took it to mean that they felt the invisible steam that was coming off of me from my anger. I've also had times when my happiness and positivity lit up a group of people and changed the dynamic in the room in a good way. So I've seen it work both ways. 

This is just my opinion so I'd love to hear feedback from other empaths to see what they think about this statement.  But I think every empath has to make a choice as to what group they want to be in moving forward on a short term and long term path. I feel the first group choice would be to understand their empath skills but try to balance and mute it so you can be more functional in society. This can be accomplished through a lot of self work on grounding, environment control (limiting your exposure to tough empath situations), and the use of protection stones. The second group is where you dive deeper into your psychic skills and experience the world with very few protections or guards. In this manner you really absorb everything good and bad that the world sends you and you grow.

In my case, I am more in group 1 at the moment. I still have to earn a living in my current career where I am constantly meeting people and going to group meetings where I deal with a lot of energies. I have found ways to tone down my empath receptors as a way to survive. And I approach expanding my psychic skills as more of a part time job on the side. But I do feel in my gut that some day I will jump into group 2 and really see where this goes.

Sorry I am a bit long winded getting to my point. But as a new empath your receptors are on really high right now. This is especially the case if you pick up energies from food that really impacts you. From my example you can choose at least in the short term to be in empath group 1 where you can turn down the volume on your empathy. And that way you may find eating and being around people more bearable. And when you are ready you can choose group 2 where you dive deep into learning and expanding your abilities by keeping your empath receptors wide open to experience and learn from what the world sends you.

GardenTiger
GardenTiger
@gardentiger
11 months ago
17 posts

To be honest I never really though about the Energy from the people handling my food, very good point. Perhaps this is why the same dish in a restaurant does not always taste the same, indeed! I have to pay more attention to that. I usually try to eat fresh food only and prepare a lot myself, I try to avoid processed food, but of course nowadays it's impossible to avoid other people handling your food, even the healthy stuff like vegetables etc.., unless you live exclusively out of your own garden and who can do that :/

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
11 months ago
896 posts

@gardentiger:

Agreed. I feel real bad for empaths who are sensitive to food energy. That would be rough to deal with.

@angeldelight:

Good for you to being so brave to choose empath group#2. I tried that for a while and had a tough time balancing the overwhelming energies that I encounter at work and out and about. But good for you to give it a try. Let us know how it goes.

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
11 months ago
425 posts
I find I do the best when I make my own food and stay away from specific types. I don't know if I go out to eat, if it's the cook who is angry or sad. But I'll feel bad after eating it, even if it falls within my dietary needs. I guess we can feel if something is made with love or not :)
@000
10 months ago
74 posts

I wrote a piece about this sometime ago with my personal experiences.

Take a look here if you're interested in my in-depth information I have to offer for all

-love & light-

Alledius
Alledius
@alledius
10 months ago
21 posts

I'm sensitive to food energies. It's a horrible experience. 

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book