recent problematic psychic connection with neighbor -- advice?

To post a reply, login or signup

ellicent
@ellicent
2 weeks ago
38 posts
Hey all, Known I'm an empath for a while now and was getting really comfortable with it all until I moved recently.I use marijuana almost daily to relieve chronic pain/relax, and it really cranks up my empathic abilities. Usually this is fine, but it's become a problem ever since I moved to my new apartment building. 

Every time I tuck in to smoke and relax in the evenings, my upstairs neighbor becomes very mentally agitated. I'll be doing fine ignoring him, then he'll mentally ping me, and then get very annoyed that I respond/check in/try to figure out why he's doing that. Last night I got a very clear mental "stay out of my head" message, but whenever I try to disconnect myself he'll get even more agitated. Sometimes I get sudden jolts of pain like he's pinching himself. It's become very distracting and is hindering to my spiritual development because I'm spending a great deal of time trying to cut any mental ties I have to him. He makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong, even though every time I try to pull away it feels like he sucks me back in (and then gets annoyed with me being there,) and I certainly don't appreciate the pain he seems to be purposefully causing me. It happens when I'm sober, too, although less extreme. Either way, it's quite upsetting.

Whenever this happens I try to assume I'm at fault, respond with love and light, and try to politely duck out of his headspace, but like I said, every time I try to leave it's like he's pulling me back in. I'm at a loss, so if anyone has experienced a similar situation and has any advice on how to shield myself psychically from him it'd be much appreciated.

Edit to clarify: I'm not encouraging using drugs, especially if you're in an illegal state. It's just part of my story so I thought I'd share. Please let me know if it's inappropriate and I'll take the reference out :) 
updated by @ellicent: 11/12/17 02:41:25AM
StarlingsareSilent
@starlingsaresilent
2 weeks ago
1 posts
It almost sounds like he is an emotional vampire, but if he's like get out of head etc, it sounds like a whole different psychological thing going on. Maybe he has crazy abilities to but doesn't know how to use them?

Have you grounded your space, taken salt baths & used some sage to protect? Just my take on it!! ✌️
igor
@neverquittter
2 weeks ago
13 posts
Well...maybe take a few days off and ground your place strongly..i like the plant as well but for my sensitivity i tend to fly very much and cant really focused into something or be grounded for long
ellicent
@ellicent
2 weeks ago
38 posts

I've tried some basic warding but I'm not very adept at energy manipulation (yet). I plan to keep trying! 

I'm not really sure what his deal is besides generally being a bit of a psychic jerk. I've tried the whole "hey so it's weird that we're mentally connected despite never meeting in person and that's kind of cool so let's try to be respectful to one another when we accidentally stumble into each other's headspace" angle and he just gets more agitated. 

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 weeks ago
507 posts

@ellicent:

I have an alternate theory. Are you sure it's your upstairs neighbor that you are getting this from? I mean do you have any physical confirmation that he is annoyed like dirty looks or banging on his floor or anything like that? If you do, then I wonder if he is smelling your weed when you smoke and is annoyed based on his own belief system and is reacting?

I did want to point out that I have read postings from various empaths and psychics that claim smoking weed while being an empath is not a good combo. Yes, it feels relaxing and due to that you may feel a heightened awareness and increase in abilities. But apparently when you are high your soul goes on a journey and you are more available and less protected against lower energy entities. My thought is what if this has nothing to do with your neighbor and you are attracting things that are not good for you? I don't mean to scare you, but it is always good to be informed. You can google this subject. Here's one article I found:

https://starmanspeaks.com/2015/12/15/my-relationship-with-weed-a-psychic-mediums-take-on-marijuana/

ellicent
@ellicent
2 weeks ago
38 posts

Definitely my neighbor -- he will bang on the floor and combine it with messages. It's also highly unlikely it's the smell since I use a vaporizer that hardly creates a detectable smell even if you're in the same room. 

I definitely need to be more careful. [I don't want to stray into encouraging drug use here, but I also want to talk about it, so again, admins, lmk if this isn't okay] So far it's really helped me come to terms with my gifts (and ease pain), as well as figure out my place in the universe and all that good stuff. I'm working on energetically warding myself better because it is becoming increasingly apparent that I'm picking up some nasty gunk by doing it too.

Thanks for the link! I'm reading it now. 

ellicent
@ellicent
2 weeks ago
38 posts

haha yeah I'm doing my best. Unfortunately he's taken to pinching/physically harming himself to get to me, and it's incredibly hard to ignore. (as well as banging on the floor when I'm trying to relax.) 

I've tested it out with my partner and physical sensations transfer to me quite easily, so it's really irritating and painful to feel like my arm is getting pinched over and over when I'm trying to relax. 

He'll even do it sometimes when I'm not, uh, under the influence and the pain still comes through, albiet to a lesser extent.  

Seriously it's gotten quite bad, but I'm going to take a nice salt bath tonight, do a bit of space cleansing, and take a few days off the grass to see if I can get him to forget/totally leave me alone. 

It's sad though because it seems like he has some pretty serious empathic abilities as well, and I hate to see him so hostile. I'm not sure why he's taken such a distaste to me since whenever I accidentally stumble/get pulled into his headspace I always do my best to be polite and kind. 

you have a good one too Artemisia <3 Thanks for all the advice and help all.

ellicent
@ellicent
2 weeks ago
38 posts

I certainly don't want to get into any sort of war with him, I just want to get him to leave me alone at this point.

hmm, yeah, that's tough since it's online so much harder to figure out. 

Tumblr actually has some pretty great discussions on astrology and such, you could try there as it allows you to block users -- you won't see anything they post or any comments they make, but you'll still see all the content. Basically, if he's on the site and you block him, you won't see hide nor hair of him, and he won't see anything you do either. Another option might be making a new account with a different name so he doesn't know it's you, but that can be hard since, if he's empathic too, he'd probably figure that out pretty quick. 

ellicent
@ellicent
2 weeks ago
38 posts

Ah! I majored in computer science so I can actually help you with this. 
If he's never had direct access to your PC, it's unlikely it's physically bugged, but a full factory reset should solve it if it is. Just make sure you back up any files you want to keep online or on an external hard drive first. Google drive is a great option for this as long as you don't have too much to save. 

If it's bugged any way energetically, well that's a whole different story and one they don't teach you how to solve in college. 

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 weeks ago
787 posts
Hi...some of the issues i find difficult in apartment blocks is that nobody smudges...or clears the negative energy that builds up or is left over from previous tenants....i've lived in houses as I wouldn't be able to live without my smudge...not a drug...just herbs that clear negative energy....maybe go up and talk to the guy...but bring along someone as back up just in case....and if that doesn't work you could always report it as it IS harrassement....
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 weeks ago
507 posts

@ellicent:

You mentioned that you were taking a salt bath. That is smart of you. I also find that by placing bowls of salt water in my bedroom and main room it also helps neutralize low energy/bad vibes in a room. For me a fresh bowl or two in a room creates a nice positive energy (you just have to remember to change it out every couple days). I also like to use certain protection crystals if I am out in public or meeting with someone who is difficult. I wonder if that could help you maybe lower his impact on you? Carry stones like black onyx or black tourmaline with you at all times or at least when you think he is likely to try something (like when you smoke).

And you bring up something that we don't often talk about. And that is the subject of people who have psychic gifts but use them with bad intent. 

ellicent
@ellicent
one week ago
38 posts

yeah, smoke cleansing can be quite difficult here, I miss living in my own separate house where I could just burn whatever I wanted all the time. I'll pick up some sage and do it when I can, I just need to wait for a day when my roommate is scarce - I don't want to bug him. 

As far as directly confronting him or reporting it, that's kind of a no-go. How crazy would it sound to the police/building management that my neighbor is psychically bothering me? Same with going up to confront him. It's far to easy to just act like the other party is insane to make that reasonable. 

The bowls of salt water is a good idea, might try that tonight! 

I'm not sure if he's actually being malicious about it, or if it's just my general sensitivity. Most people who participate in the weed subculture seem to recognize the psychic openness it gives them, and descriptions/experiences of telepathy are very common. I think I just already have a very high "base level" sensitivity, so smoking on top of that just makes me way more receptive and perceptive than most. That seems to be the case, anyways, when I attempt to compare experiences with friends, although it is hard to do so since we're all limited by our own perceptions.

It's totally likely that he's just behaving normally and not understanding the extent of what I experience. A pinch that may translate to a tickle for someone else is a stabbing pain for me, and if he doesn't know that I don't want to hold it against him. It's impossible to tell though so I just want to protect myself from him for my own sanity's sake. 

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one week ago
507 posts

@ellicent:

Burning sage is pretty stinky so you'll probably want to give your roommate a heads up on that. But that's a native american ritual that has been very effective for a lot of people.

I did want to mention that the salt bowls seem to draw some negative energy out of me (especially when I place one on my nightstand). And in my home we have 3 empaths here and are constantly visited by spirits at night that disturb our sleep. And I found that the salt water bowls in each of our bedrooms definitely seems to mellow out spirit activity allowing us to sleep better. I have never tried it as a way to block or subdue a psychic attack. But since salt is good at neutralizing low energy, I would think it would work in your situation.

We have also had many others on this site have to deal with angry energy and psychic attacks in their work office environment. And many of them said by placing rose quartz or amethyst stones near their personal work space that it really improved conditions. Those stones tend to have a calming effect. I don't know if that would work for you but placing those stones near you when you are smoking and at risk of the neighbor attack could possibly blunt it. But I'm also torn toward just recommending protection stones. I love black tourmaline for that as it is powerful. But malachite is also a real good one that is known for absorbing negative. I think that could mute the attack. Anyway, I would try the salt and some stones and see if you have any improvement.

Best of luck. Let us know how it goes.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
one week ago
787 posts
If he's pounding on the floor for seemingly no reason he's harassing you....your not doing anything to cause him to physically stomp on the floor....so your within your rights to ask him to stop....
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one week ago
507 posts

@womanwhowalks:

I believe he explained it that when he smokes his psychic abilities increase and that is what causes the neighbor to react with anger and bang around. That in itself is interesting. But what is more interesting is that the neighbor seems to know exactly where the psychic power is coming from, and vice-versa with @ellicent knowing who it is that is sending him anger and pain. I'm hoping that @ellicent will find a way to better shield himself or neutralize the effect the neighbor has on him until he is able to relocate to a better space.

P.S.-How come you changed your screen name to @womanwhowalks?

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
one week ago
787 posts
It's the name the spirits gave me...they also call me 'spirit talker'....lol...but 'woman who walks' is my correct name...
ellicent
@ellicent
5 days ago
38 posts

*she but nbd. Got in the habit of not presenting feminine online after years of being a gamer and a programmer. Both those communities can be pretty toxic to us ladies. 

I'm not sure how or why he knows it's coming from me, but it's happened before. My boyfriend's roommate also does the same thing, but he's polite about it so I don't mind.
I have also uh, found myself in previous roommates' and friends' mental spaces, but they never seemed to notice so again, not an issue.

At this point I'm convinced that I'm just extremely psychically inclined, like no one can ward themselves enough to keep me out. I don't intentionally try to get in, that'd be rude. It just tends to... happen. 

I've tried warding and keeping a close hold on myself but it still happens, even when I'm sober. To be honest I don't know what to do about it anymore. 

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book