To post a reply, login or signup

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 weeks ago
507 posts

@artemisia:

Congrats on conquering cancer and losing weight. I hope you have properly patted yourself on the back for both and found inner strength from those experiences.

I wanted to make two points that I hope can help you in some way. The first is, that we humans all have many flaws. And in our current society with social media and 24/7 ugly news cycle with a general focus on selfishness and materialism, it has really brought an ugliness to the surface in just about everyone. And while I agree, that it is good to cleanse your life of those who are definitely not good for you, I would also say to consider accepting some people with their faults. We empaths are equally blessed and cursed with the ability to see behind the mask and pick up on what a person is really about. And that often scares us off. But consider that when you give some people a chance at your friendship, your inner light as an empath may just bring out the best in them and result in an important relationship. Otherwise, if you are looking for friends with purity and no flaws, you may spend a long and lonely time looking. Humans are flawed. And tough times bring out the worst in all of us. And that is what we are seeing from humanity right now. But as empaths we can calm those people down and take away some of the negative spell that they are under. You of course have  to properly ground and cleanse yourself when dealing with people with baggage or toxic issues to keep yourself sane and safe. But it should be very rewarding for you when you break through and help people come out of the darkness of modern day toxicity.

My second point is to touch on manifesting. We empaths deal with and absorb a lot of negative from people even on a good day. And without consistent grounding and self-care, that can pull us down and lower our vibration. And that's when our thoughts and attitude turn negative. And without trying you may experience, as many of us have, a bit of a black cloud following you. You get hit with bad news, bad luck, and have unhealthy people and situations enter your life. The trick is to work really hard on grounding and meditation and to raise your vibration so that you are happy and working on positive plans in your life. And that is when you will start to manifest good things. And a bright pathway of opportunities and positive people will start lining up for you.

Zacharias
@zacharias
2 weeks ago
85 posts

I'm drawn to people with issues. They are drawn to me. I see what causes those issues and still can't convince them to change how they think and feel. But over time, they feel better and slowly start to think different. In the mean time I deal with those feelings. It's the only way. I still need to be around people that focus on staying positive, because it helps me to keep going without isolating myself to much. I would suggest you try to find a balance of people your around. Good ones and not so good ones. Build that strength you now have. You've overcome two major battles! You are now a warrior. Those negative people can't effect you unless you allow it. 

I very much agree with @Hop-Daddy. We need to manifest our true desires by meditating on them.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 weeks ago
507 posts

I draw the line at narcissistic behavior and anyone that appears to be an energy vampire (where you feel drained and exhausted during and after visiting with them). Neither of those types are good for you. But I've met plenty of people who at first appeared toxic or negative that I was able to turn around and get them to release that and become a better happier person.

updated by @hop-daddy: 11/10/17 09:54:17AM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 weeks ago
507 posts

@artemisia:

You are not alone. A common theme with empaths are stories of being used and abused by people. I think our energy is attractive and can draw people to us. But when we get pulled down by the world our energy sinks and we become less energetically desirable to people. And then there is the whole narc side of things. Narcs will seek you out to control you and drain your energy. They will use you up and energetically leave you for dead. I'm not sure if that describes your former friend. But if she is a narc then you have to recognize that and avoid letting those types close to you in the future.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book