Other’s emotions presenting as physical injury?

To post a reply, login or signup

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
one month ago
726 posts
I had stopped to talk to my daughter in law’s father about the dark place he is in. His son recently committed suicide and he is feeling like it’s his fault, he also has a drinking problem and depression. So I opened up to let him heal. After leaving I felt really good that I was able to offer him some relief, although I was shedding his tears. On the way home which is only 1 1/2 miles away (I was going to release it upon arriving home) I had an unusual accident and got hurt pretty bad...no broken bones but really sore my entire spine and pelvic area. Funny thing is I’m not feeling his emotions at all. Did it present itself as physical? Any thoughts?
Blessings
updated by @cat-whisperer: 10/21/17 01:21:28PM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
one month ago
726 posts
I don’t know, perhaps just trying to make sense of this crazy turn of events. Usually after encountering someone in such a dark place I will pick up (confusing it as my own) some of the funk, but this time was different....none at all...just at peace that I brought him some relief and understanding.
updated by @cat-whisperer: 10/18/17 07:25:45AM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
502 posts

@cat-whisperer:

I can't imagine you not picking up his emotional energy (particularly if you intentionally tried to remove it for him).  But if you are good at grounding and protecting yourself, the energy may have been more watered down (so to speak).

I am sorry to hear you had an accident. It could have been a random happening. Or it could have been due to your mind being distracted as you dealt with shedding his energy. It may have been distracting enough that you weren't 100% focused on driving? But I'm glad to hear that you are alright.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
one month ago
726 posts
@hop-daddy thanks for your response. Whenever I am trying to help someone I do get into a good place...and well guarded. I think that is why I felt so at peace because I did provide relief. Same feel I get when I am sitting with the dying.
Your right, it was probably just a random event. With my analytical mind, I always try to make sense of happenings and find a connection.
I feel that I need to tell more detail of the incident to really shed light on it. I was on my horse, doing what we’ve done several times before. She was even pretty laid back so we were just relaxing walking at a real slow pace when she lunges forward out of the blue.....this is something she never does. Anyhow, as she lunged forward I fell.....hard. She even turned to look at me while I laid on the ground trying to get air back in my lungs and just stood there. Crazy as she never spooks like that, and when she does, it’s not a forward lunge but more of a flinch and stand still. Your right, probably just a random event. Just trying to make sense of it all. I know there are reasons for everything that happens, most of the time it’s easy for me to see the reasons. But this time I cannot.
I have even considered that she perhaps felt the funk, and that is what caused her to do this, as horses are very intuitive by nature. She was very relaxed as he petted her while we talked though. Things that make you go hmmmm.
Next time I go on a mission like that I think I’ll leave her at home.
Blessings
updated by @cat-whisperer: 10/19/17 07:12:23AM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
one month ago
726 posts
I want to add....whenever I post for this kind of feedback I am hesitant to divulge too much information at first as I don’t want to influence anyone’s initial feels that might be pertinent to my questions asked. Kinda like they do on The Dead Files.
Blessings
updated by @cat-whisperer: 10/19/17 09:41:31AM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
502 posts

You're testing us. I love it! Happy

I wrongly assumed that you had a car accident. And that makes me laugh because when I first read your post I didn't feel that you had a car accident. But my analytical mind overruled thinking you must have had an accident while driving back. It reminds me to tell my mind to shut off more often so I can better listen to my intuition.

But if you had a horse riding accident that now makes more sense to me. My wife has a horse so I am pretty familiar. And we also have two golden retrievers. I think animals are very intuitive. And while our dogs are very good at picking up on the moods and energy in our household, my wife tells me her horse has even higher awareness of human thought and energy.

I think you are correct that your horse may have felt anxiety from the funk you were dealing with and spooked. It sounds like you were trying to ground out that heavy energy while riding back home. I think if you had been walking it would ground out to the earth. But while riding a horse it makes perfect sense that she would have picked up on what you were trying to rid from your body. After all, that energy has to go somewhere.

I'm glad to hear that you are okay. My wife was thrown from a horse some years ago and broke her back. That can get a bit dangerous.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
502 posts

I think I just realized that I may have misunderstood more of your story. It sounds like he was with you while you were riding. But along the same lines, his misery would have definitely transferred in part to your horse. Our thoughts have energy but our spoken word is much stronger energy. While you talked things out with him there would be a lot to deal with. I think this may have been even more so since you are an empath trying to draw that low energy out of him to help him heal. Your poor horse was probably not able to cope with that intensity. But again, I'm glad to hear you did not get seriously hurt.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
one month ago
726 posts
I’m glad you are receptive to my reasoning....and although some might be turned off by it...I guess I can say....testing...1,2,3 😊 But yes, like you, my analytical mind gets in the way of my intuition a lot, although my intuition is starting to win that battle. Seems the more I listen to it and heed it, the stronger it gets.

As for my daughter in law’s father, he wasn’t with me the entire ride. I stopped by his house on the way back home.

My horse is my favorite grounding “technique”. I can have the worst day....go for a ride....it’s gone. I joke that my horse is my therapist 😂. Horses do pick up stuff, but they have a way of dissipating it. Lightbulb moment! I have just never witnessed the dissipation process. since perhaps when she feels my stuff she is in “therapist” mode, I don’t see anything but tenderness from her. This was someone else’s junk....perhaps another reason I didn’t feel his funk. Oh bless her heart! I was so focused on helping him, didn’t realize what I was putting her through :(

Thanks again for your feedback @hop-daddy....we are on a continual learning process. 😉
Blessings
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
502 posts

I think suicide and what it does to family that is left behind to grieve is one of the heaviest energies. It's very dark and overwhelming. It's a very sad and angry energy wrapped up in one. I have a real hard time helping people going through that as it can often me too much for me to take. Perhaps also too much for your horse. I guess now you know in the future how she may react to your grounding on a tough day.

LoconnorO
@loconnoro
one month ago
151 posts

It definitely sounded like the horse might have picked up on "your being on edge" (it likely wasn't from you, but you probably still had that energy/emotion and the horse picked up on it) and then it might have been a little more on edge that night as well. Do you know what spooked her?

I don't think his energy would have "manifested" into a physical injury, however I wouldn't be surprised if it was linked to the actual accident. And, as most people would probably tell you, it could have been a crazy coincidence, it's really up to you and what your intuition is telling you about the overall situation. I'm sure he appreciates your being there and helping him though, it's great that you helped someone who really needed it! Blessings, and I hope everything turns out well for you!

updated by @loconnoro: 10/19/17 07:08:08PM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
one month ago
726 posts
@loconnoro
Funny thing is both me and my horse were laid back on the ride home....I can feel when she is tense. Quite the contrary she was super laid back. There was none of that on either part.....I held the funk (kinda like I had it contained in a hollow crystal ball) but it was not affecting me adversely. My intent was to rid myself of it when I got home...instead it was a trip to the hospital.
Blessings
updated by @cat-whisperer: 10/20/17 06:11:48AM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
one month ago
783 posts
I think someone slapped your horse on the butt...just to wake her up....or....just to be mean....thats what I'm hearing anyway...personally i think it was a mean thing to do...so stop it...
updated by @womanwhowalks: 10/21/17 01:01:16AM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
one month ago
726 posts
@womanwhowalks
Thanks for the insight. I didn’t feel any presence, but then again a lot of times I don’t. It was definitely out of the blue and out of character for her. Just trying to get better at this point....I already miss riding. I still go out and hang out with the horses though, I know it wasn’t her fault.
Blessings
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
one month ago
783 posts
I'm glad your getting better....and no it wasn't her fault at all...hot epsom salt baths should help with the stiffness...😏..i used to have a job in a stable and it was the best job I ever had...lol...was a long time ago....would LOVE to have a horse...
updated by @womanwhowalks: 10/21/17 01:32:28PM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
one month ago
726 posts
Epsome salt every day with sea salt to keep grounded. Bloodstone, Lapis and Carnilian for good measure.... no pain meds now. I don’t like the heavy narcotics the docs gave me for pain although the first few days it was a necessary evil.

Perhaps some day you will get your horse.....keep thinking about it.....all the time.....manifest it! 😉
updated by @cat-whisperer: 10/21/17 02:26:42PM

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book