The Power of Prayer

To post a reply, login or signup

eri_ameonna
@eri-ameonna
2 months ago
32 posts
Yet another long post, but I really just want to share how amazing the power of prayer and faith is.

Classic scenario: Ghost story telling time in campus

A batchmate started talking about having visions and being able to predict certain life events. Ok, I can handle that.

But here comes a freshman who I barely knew for a day, who kept on saying "Yeah, I know that feeling. I experience that too"

Now, I was playing along and giving them the benefit of the doubt, who doesn't love ghost stories?

Then the stories started getting a bit uh creepier, and I was feeling a chill coming from behind me. Woah, I might be getting carried away, I thought to myself, and started calming my heart down with prayer, which I mostly sing.

Knowing myself that I have already calmed down, I was still feeling chills so I got confused when I realized that the energy was moving towards a certain direction.

It was right at this moment that the girl kept on murmuring "No, no, stop sharing stories" and acting like she's distancing herself from some invisible entities.
No one was paying her any attention, but it all suddenly dawned on me that it was her causing the mild "blackhole of turbulent emotions"

Scared that she might discover what I am, I played along and acted curious about her "gift", which turned out to be a bad BAD decision.

I kept singing and declaring my faith to myself as she kept on warning everybody about having a bad feeling about the last person who kept on sharing ghost stories.

As we were leaving, she suddenly warned me not to touch a campus cat while she was getting away from it, giving everyone present a meaningful look. I complied at first as not to offend her beliefs. But being a crazy cat person that I am, I couldn't resist cuddling with one of the precious best friends I made in school who always brighten my mood up. Hate to break it to you babe, but you are missing out on how cats are such beautiful and lovely creatures ๐Ÿ˜
Also for me, what you don't believe won't hurt / affect you.

As I got up and wished the cat well, the girl suddenly blocked my way and stared right through my eyes. I was caught off guard, but I managed to stare back with an innocent expression, averting my gaze at the last minute to break the onslaught of negative emotions escaping through her eyes.

It then got to me that I couldn't identify narcissists right away because I keep avoiding eye contact and I keep spreading positive vibes to people, which was what I did when I tried to get along with this kid.

Poor kid, now our schoolmates have identified her as a weirdo, I mean, what sane empath would reveal what they are to people who are practically strangers?

Good thing I went to eat out with my good friends right after that as I continue singing out my faith. When the power of prayer came up as a topic, I am so glad that I can agree with it wholeheartedly.

So this is why we pray without ceasing, I felt instantly released from the awful vibes which haunted me for more or less an hour - which was a big improvement for me.

Not gonna lie though, the healer part of me keeps on worrying on how to patch things up with this girl right away. She seems a good kid with a lot of potential. I don't want her to walk the crooked path of narcissists, and I think it's not too late for her, hopefully.
updated by @eri-ameonna: 10/07/17 07:28:05AM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
509 posts

@eri-ameonna:

Out of curiosity, what did the girl do to make you feel that she is a narcissist? Your story made her sound controlling. That is a narc trait but that also comes out in others as a stress response. If she was really that afraid it may have caused her to be out of character and forceful. Narcs are usually dominant and very outspoken personalities that go out of their way to brag about themselves. They like attracting attention to themselves and can get especially charming when trying to ensnare an empath as a friend. But they also rarely let down their guard or show weakness and overcompensate by telling everyone how especially good they are or how awesome their life is (and aren't you all jealous etc...).ย She doesnโ€™t seem to fit the bill based on how narcs usually act.

I also think you did pick up a true feeling of fear from her. It almost sounds like that girl in your class may have some psychic medium abilities that she has been trying to block. And the ghost story telling made her uncomfortable and she may have let her guard down and started seeing things or maybe remembered things that she didn't like (like the cat). I know for me personally when I am emotionally weak or exhausted that ghosts come at me hard. My theory is that we must leak some energy when we are overly stressed and the ghosts are attracted to that. So in analyzing your post I almost wonder if your group stories triggered something in her that made her real uncomfortable.

eri_ameonna
@eri-ameonna
one month ago
32 posts
I don't know, I just felt for sure at that time that her fear was not true. I felt dark energy when I made eye contact with her.

Thinking about it though, maybe I did overanalyze the situation. I pulled two all-nighters before that day, so maybe I was being overly sensitive and I am making not much sense.

Her energy continues to confuse me as I interact with her, she feels intimidating and amiable at the same time. She is outspoken, so maybe the possibility never occurred to me. But for the most part, she's starting to look like an empath to me.

Thanks for pointing things out @hop-daddy, I am beginning to see her in a new light. And now my original post is starting to sound childish even to me ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
509 posts

Don't feel bad. I love your post. It is always interesting to hear about our various interactions with people. Often times your initial feelings on a person are the correct ones. It's just hard at times to decipher some people. In fact, sometimes picking an empath out of the crowd can be the toughest to analyze because their emotions/our emotions change like the wind. And that's because we absorb all the energy around us and can't help but become mad, sad, worried all in the span of minutes sometimes. You say her energy confuses you. I take that as meaning it changes so often that you can't narrow down what she is. Well, they don't call us empaths moody for nothing.ย Happyย '

I could be wrong, but I think your classmate is an empath. And there are so many empaths out there who don't understand who they are and what's going on in their minds. And they tend to be really anxious & punchy, withdrawn, having a tough time fitting in with groups (due to all the combined energy). Empaths are often labelled as the weirdos in the room. My guess is she is an empath but doesn't quite have a handle on who she is and how to control her energy intake. And as a result she has a bit of a negative, hard to deal with personality.ย 

eri_ameonna
@eri-ameonna
one month ago
32 posts
Oh yeah, I might be looking at a younger version of myself, except I was so much worse. She seems to be a lot better at dealing with people.

She fits all the description you gave. It's like all the puzzle pieces finally connected. So the jumble of emotions in her eyes shows that she is an impaired empath, and that's why there's negative energy around her even though she smiles so brightly. That came off as pretentious to me at first, but to think it's actually because she doesn't know about flushing / grounding.
One more thing is that, everytime I see her, she seems to be always going out of her way to help people, definitely an empathic trait.

Feels good to know about another empath near me. I'll probably casually tell her about it and if she seems willing, perhaps I could help her out.

Thanks again @hop-daddy, your insights have been so helpful.
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
509 posts

You know how they saw baby rattle snake bites cause more damage than an adult rattle snake because they are too inexperienced and release all of their venom in one bite? Being an inexperienced empath can be like that where you have all that pent up energy causing outbursts and strong mood swings. Speaking from personal experience, it can be so confusing. One minute you are about to cry from energy, and then later you might feel aggressive and want to yell at someone. If the girl in your class seems to act like an empath except that she seems a bit angry and filled with negative, it's because she isn't in control of her empath skills and the energy she encounters in life is overwhelming her. I think you nailed it that she probably doesn't understand who she is. If you choose, you can help her with it. Let us know how it works out.

eri_ameonna
@eri-ameonna
one month ago
32 posts

I still cannot bring myself to introduce the concept of "empaths" to her as we are not that close yet, but she already knows that she is special, so I'll leave it at that for now. Maybe I'll send her a link to one of Elise's blog here.

I seemed to have gained her trust, and she lights up now every time she sees me.ย  I feel like I have a puppy following me around, I never imagined she would become attached to me. She calms down now when she's around me, and that is such a relief. I know that she sensed that we have something in common.

It's becoming more and more apparent that her "tough" front is a coping mechanism, so I got her back when people start badmouthing her actions. Who knew she would become a dear friend to me??ย ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Really glad I came here, I'll keep you guys updated.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
509 posts

@eri-ameonna:

I do this often where I do my empath thing without telling a person or group what I am. In your case you are taking on the mentor-friend role in her mind while you are helping calm her. if she is an unrealized empath she is full of the energy she takes in each day and doesn't know how to ground it out. You connecting with her are helping her by taking away some of her pent up energy from the world. And that's why she is calming down and following you around like a puppy. Her spirit is drawn to you because she feels so good around you. And in her daily life she probably rarely interacts with people like you. So good job helping her. In time as you become better friends you may be able to help her understand who she is and how she can ground herself and live a better life.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book