Spidey sense being pinged

To post a reply, login or signup

krosskelt
@krosskelt
4 weeks ago
31 posts

My spidey sense was going off this morning. It wasn't directing me to who, but somebody on one of my cords was in emotional distress. I hate tracking these things down. I used to think it was kinda fun to figure it out, now most of the time I'm just "okay who now?" Then I think that is no way to be and start tracking it down. "You okay?"

Sometimes I run into a bunch of minor problems and never find the source of the original ping, or it will be days later and somebody will tell me they were upset or whatever on that day.  I like when it directs me to who is sending the ping out, I am able to clear the notification so to speak and resolve the issue if I can.

It took me awhile to figure it out today.  I haven't verified that it is who I believe, but if it is the person I believe it raises a few questions.  It is a sense they need a shoulder to vent on, not serious distress but somebody really needs a friend today.  Is it fair for somebody, who knows in a fair amount of detail how you work, to ping you like that?  They know if they message me I will be there for them at any time.  They could be testing me, which I would have thought we were past that point.  It is quite possible that they didn't purposely direct it at me, but they know I'm their person when they need a friend.

I suppose the thing that bothers me is, if they used the ping purposefully, it seems more urgent and like it is something I'm supposed to do guided by spirit.  When it should be something that I'm offered as a normal friend.

updated by @krosskelt: 09/21/17 12:46:19PM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
4 weeks ago
761 posts
Hi...a few things with that...it doesn't take much to verify who 'pinged'you...give em a friendly call or text to see how they are....you can always disconnect your friend so you're not receiving the vibrations....just cut the cord of attatchment that's connecting you to your friend...its how you're sensing the disturbances in your energy field...you can control who links to you energetically so you're not being bothered by them...it won't hurt you or your friend...if this friend knows how to bug you energetically I think it would be wise to disconnect them since it could be a source of abuse and or amusement to some people....if your sensing it's done on purpose then remove the connection right away....energy never lies...and keep removing it when you feel it reconnect...if it's a real emergency they can call or text you...this is YOUR energy people are messing with...so don't feel guilty about taking steps to keep yourself safe....
updated by @womanwhowalks: 09/21/17 02:27:30PM
krosskelt
@krosskelt
4 weeks ago
31 posts

That is all some great advice.  Thank you for sharing it with us.  It is just going down the list of family and friends to check on that is off putting.  Sometimes by going down the list "are you okay?" I run into some distractions from the initial ping.  

I have some decent cord cutting techniques that work for me.  I've been dealing with these situations for well over 20 years.  I used to have issues with sense of self, not knowing what was my own and what came from outside.  I use techniques, where I inspect each questionable emotion now, and am able to identify if it is mine or not, much easier than when I was a teen or in my twenties.  I'm also usually able to tell when somebody is siphoning my energy, so I only allow people to remain corded if they do not.  (or if I've decided 

There are certain people I like to leave cords to though, my wife, kids, and a few select family and friends.  Of those people only a couple know that I call myself an empath.  Those couple I've explained and demonstrated my abilities to them enough where they should understand.  Until a couple years ago I admitted this to nobody and tried to deny it to myself.  So interactions that could be purposefully trying to use it is still fairly new to me.  I have had people accidentally abuse it in the past and had to be cut.

If it is what I call a real emergency, they may not be an ability for them to call me. Like my grandmother who lives in the country by herself, or my sister the drug addict that may not have minutes on her phone.  These are reasons I leave cords to them. Somebody else might tell me what happened down the road, then I will feel like I slacked off on my duty.  I feel they should only try to purposefully use it in an emergency, they can call or text me for casual "I need a shoulder."  

I was just trying to decide, if I found them abusing it knowingly, would I talk to them about it or cut the cord completely.  Worried if I talk to them about it, and they were doing it unknowingly, they might figure out how to do it purposefully.  Decided if that was the case they are not a friend and the cord should be cut.  It turned out not to be who I thought though, and I had already checked on the other person that knows so the search continues.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
4 weeks ago
761 posts
Well...you know where the cord is...it could be someone connected to someone else ...etc..etc...or just a random pick up...i get those too...just remove it....you don't really need to know who it is at this point if it's not one of your immediate family or friends....no need to worry yourself over something that may clarify itself later....
krosskelt
@krosskelt
4 weeks ago
31 posts

Unless your sister does not have any minutes on her phone, and you have no friends or family that live close to check on her.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
4 weeks ago
761 posts
So it's your sister?... hope she's ok...i'm glad you finally figured it out...now you can rest easy knowing who it is....

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book