To post a reply, login or signup

Just Stevie
@just-stevie
3 months ago
84 posts

This is going to sound horrible if taken out of context

I live in Florida - the entire state is under a hurricane warning tornados storm surges and almost total evacuation. We are being told that this is the worst storm in well - ever  Teetering between cat 4 / cat 5 it's a waiting / guessing game.

Granted I feel pretty safe riding it out. We are prepared and probably in one of the safest areas and in the sturdiest house. I have been through several hurricanes and I know we can never be sure what is going to actually happen but it's definitely serious danger.

St Martian (I believe that was the name of the island) has been flattened 95% destroyed. The eye of the hurricane is headed straight for Key West (I love Key West) and expected to go completely through Florida's center causing problems across the entire state to some degree.

Here's the shame on me part..

I have actually been looking forward to this for days. Of course not the destruction and harm to people and property but I feel an energy an excitement  in the air. I love the wind. I'm so drawn to it. I just want to be outside. I feel the electricity. I feel like I'm part of it; not in a human way but as the element.  I see the trees outside billowing in the wind. I feel like it's calling me.

Does anyone else feel like this or affected by weather?

I also love being out in the rain and watching lightening. Florida being a lightening capital I have to restrain. Too many deaths from it.

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
3 months ago
216 posts

This isn't a bad thing :) I know exactly what you mean! I love when it storms, and I always want to be out in it or listening to it/watching it. It calms me to hear the chaos, in a way, which I think you can relate to that haha. 

The weather, just like everything else, has energies to it. Hurricanes are always excited feeling, and chaotic in a way but also calming! I definitely understand what you mean. You're an empath, of course you're going to feel the weather's energy! 

Keep safe xx

Zacharias
@zacharias
3 months ago
86 posts

I'm big storm lover, and don't think you should feel bad about enjoying the experience. Mostly because I do and I don't feel guilty about it. There will be massive upheaval in peoples lives after this. That I see as a good thing as well. It brings people together and they start to look past each others differences and see them in a new light, at least for a time. People helping other people. It's  a great thing to see and be a part of. Nothing brings people together like a common enemy. In this case, a really wild storm! Enjoy

4peace
@4peace
2 months ago
187 posts

I am an air sign - do you know what elemental sign you are?   I am insane about not having moving air in the house. I get really excited when it's windy.  I just recently found out that I'm an air sign, so a lot of things now make sense :)

Just Stevie
@just-stevie
2 months ago
84 posts
4peace
I've not heard of an air sign. Up until some years back I was pretty straight arrow until I started seeing an acupuncturist. We would have great talks about the "Esoteric" etc. I wasn't sure I quite got it but it was fascinating. I believe it was determined I'm wind or wood or something like that. Of Course since the Paranormal experiences started I'm ready to believe in just about anything LOL
Just Stevie
@just-stevie
2 months ago
84 posts
zacharias
It seems perverse but I believe you're right. It's just a shame that things need to come to that before people start caring about others instead of just themselves. Texas with a great proof of that. I can't say what's going on with Louisiana though they don't seem to learn LOL
Just Stevie
@just-stevie
2 months ago
84 posts
kaitlyn-brokaw
I am ashamed to say the hurricane barely skidded past us but it caused horrible damage in Counties all around.
The wind was some gusty intermittently but no big deal.
I am surrounded by various types of huge trees but the only thing it bothered was a spindly floral tree.
I was out during some of it and I felt let down. I have been in a downer ever since . it feels like an old friend came past but didn't come by and visit
I should be kissing the earth I still have a home. No logic
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
2 months ago
151 posts

I love storms too. I usually get a weird headache from some of them, the back of my neck/head starts hurting and my eyes hurt, but once i get use to it I love the sound of rain and wind and distant thunder. I definitely see what you're saying about the feeling of a storm, it is a nice feeling. I love most weather for different reasons, but my favorite to fall asleep to is a nice summer storm.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 months ago
728 posts
Thunderstorms are my personal favorite. Especially supercells, with all the wind. I'll go outside just to watch the storm in all it's powerful glory, it is rather exciting. I am fortunate enough to live in an area that is rather flat so you can see them coming from a distance. The lightning has such a cleansing effect also. You can go outside after intense storms and smell the freshness in the air.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book