New empath but old soul....I can't work it out

To post a reply, login or signup

Aerial
@aerial
3 months ago
3 posts

Hello fellow empaths, 

I'm a newbie, well I think Ive always known I was one since childhood. I had a turbulent childhood, left school at 11 as a runaway ( but even then I kind of saw a problem with authority/hierarchy/domination). After many years of experimenting with drugs, traveling I landed a job in Local Government UK even in there I saw all the problems the most vulnerable face and turned to support work. I then went backward and forwards to Africa and got a huge awakening of the worlds most vulnerable. I then decided to study a degree in anthropology which I have just successfully obtained....here's the nest bit my next research project is to look into how we can as a global society move towards a global basic income....money for free to end all suffering. Not sure f it will work but hey. 

I would really like some advice though about a current theme that keeps occurring in my life, people are drawn to me when they become depressed and suicidal...I've recently supported a close friend over the past few months and now feel completely lost as if the depression has come over me...Before this event this year had been going well I was even enjoying it all. But then this happened and I feel so alone. How do you guys create boundaries, i really think I don't know how. Whenever someone comes to me in need i seem to go into autopilot then into overdrive and now I feel burnout and depressed. Is this a common experience? I seem to follow my intuition all the time and synchronicity seems to happen to me a lot, also wondered if anyone had any thoughts about what all of that is about? 

Anyway guys thanks for listening, Aerial.

krosskelt
@krosskelt
3 months ago
33 posts

I would be really interested to hear more of your story sometime.

Sense of self is something that I have fought with my whole life.  Is it me feeling this?  Do I want this, or does somebody want me to want this?  Before I came to know there were other people like me I had to form my own ways of dealing.  One of the main things to help me is just sitting down and inspecting each of my emotions.  I do this almost nightly, and sometimes I have to stop during the day to inspect something that seems pressing.  Pulling out the emotion and looking at it with my mind's eye.  Is this mine?  If not mine then who's?  Is there something I can do about that?  Sometimes just saying it is not mine is enough for it to go away.  Sometimes identifying who it is and what, if anything, I can do for them is what it takes before I can move on from that emotion.  

The second thing is shielding, grounding, and knowing your boundaries.  I would caution against shielding.  It was something that I self taught, and in essence became a crutch and energy drain for me.  While shielding may help one maintain some sense of self, it also keeps others at a distance and suppresses that which makes us who we are.  Eventually your empath is going to break that barrier down, no matter how much energy you devote to it.  You have to know your boundaries, and learn to love yourself.  If you feel that you are getting to deep, you need to take some time and ground yourself and build your reservoir again.  Sometimes having others to help share the burden helps too.  

Aerial
@aerial
3 months ago
3 posts

Thanks Krosskeit, that is exactly it,is it me feeling this, did i create this, does somebody want this? That hits the nail on the head. Thank you for the advice on shielding, I tend do this from time to time. And you are right about getting in to deep and grounding, I think this time I went way too deep I just shelved all my own responsibilities and feel straight into the pain. 

Is it also possible to feel desire from a distance? Or even energy from another person in another country, I swear that happened to me but obviously if you say this to anyone outside well they just think you're mad. I also had a vision, well i'm not sure it was a vision but I kind stepped into another plane of reality. I've had a poltergeist in the past but this was two souls, friendly in the same room. I remember realising I'd moved into an another domain as the energy stopped me in my tracks. I told some of my friends, some were understanding, others more worried but to me it was all real. I actually felt these souls but no idea why or how. 

krosskelt
@krosskelt
3 months ago
33 posts

I used to only feel emotions strongly from others at short distances.  After my reawakening, 2 years ago, many things changed.  I have since formed strong connections with a few people at a distance.  They were people that I have never met in real life.  But spent a day or more going through every emotion that they had.  Even breathing synced with them at night.  Their desire for me to be the one that provided healing was what connected us.  Once that subsided the connection was easy to close.   

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
3 months ago
787 posts
Hi..sometimes it's not about the people themselves as to all the energy cords of attatchment we haven't cleared....there's a different level of energy that we empath use to sense others...all humans use this but are not aware of it...these cords are of energy...we don't see them with the physical eye....but we can sense them...i sometimes see them coming with my third eye....when I talk with people and I can definitely feel them when they hit my energy...i can't stop this from happening but they can be removed by pulling or cutting them.....I prefer to pull them put by the roots...it takes a bit of practice but if you keep on top of it you should feel more able to deal with people by just take the connection out...i periodically do a complete removal of all links and cords..even my family get removed just so I can rest completely....i back this up with a 'Me' day and withdraw from everyone to rest...its ok to let yourself do that...being an empath we need to take the necessary steps to recover from dealing with energy...for me it's not about people, it's about energy...we never get a rest because energy is EVERYWHERE...lol...its constantly there and never turns off...so start clearing yourself of the build up of energy cord connections....it will take time but it's worth learning to do...
Aerial
@aerial
3 months ago
3 posts

Thank you so much, you are right, it is everywhere! And I hadn't thought of it like a cord as you say. Yes the sensing is spot on, i was involved with a narcissist luckily for me it only lasted six months but I had sensed from the beginning something was totally off, but for about 8 weeks i ignored it, but leaving the guy was harder than getting together, no for answer just would not get through but it was awful. So luckily I'm out of that. Thank you for this advice, I like positive energy but recently I couldn't work out of that was someone's desire or my own, I think a bit of both. I kind of feel at the moment of going through some deep soul work, which i'm not even sure what means, but yet can feel it. Thank you for this advice. 

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
3 months ago
787 posts
Definitely take the narcissist cord and roots out first...see how you feel....I cleared out ones from way back in my child hood to the present...and even found ones from past lives...I removed a few really deep and painful ones...I didn't bother to find out who they belonged to I just pulled...take the roots out too...i couldn't believe how many cords and roots I was carrying in my energy....and soul work is clearing yourself...your soul of a lot of junk you've accumulated and have stored in your energy as well as a lot of the lies present day and some from the past we've grown up with...healing hurts and trauma...from past and present lives...releasing negative heavy energy...etc...cleaning house or cleaning your closet of stuff no longer needed....its a pain in the but but I guess we gotta do it...lol...it's definitely easier to do when you clear out the links and cords 1st and see what's left to deal with such as your own personal traumas and energy...i found that a lot of the way I was thinking and emotions I was feeling came from those cords...those were other peoples' baggage....not mine....
Zacharias
@zacharias
3 months ago
86 posts

Yes, do the work. It's good. It's really helping me right now to get back to reading and studying the Way of the Empath. Creative visualization practices help with grounding, shielding, and breaking those cords of attachment. Go back to the basics often. Read the Book of Storms. You can be powerful!!! When you are, the boundaries don't matter anymore.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book