Fibromyalgia

To post a reply, login or signup

Zacharias
@zacharias
4 months ago
85 posts

This something I want to understand. I have friends and family that suffer with it. Well I've been reading about it lately because I see a few people on this site that suffer with it as well. 

This is what I know: It wasn't considered a true disorder until the '90's. Before then it was considered a mental illness(like many things science doesn't yet understand). It happens mostly to women by a possible 9 to 1 ratio. It's linked to a problem with the nervous system. It's chronic and may be related to stress. 

I remember a time when I had pain in my forearms every day for a couple months. At first I thought it was just soreness but it didn't go away. It disrupted my sleep and became a major concern. I don't like doctors much, so I called a Shaman and asked her what was going on. She referred me to a astrophysicist who happens to be a Shaman and a doctor. He helped me out with some NLP techniques and did some other things I didn't understand. After that session I was free of pain and had some tools to lower the volume of the energy I was picking up in Houston(city on the edge of hell). I considered it a spiritual issue not medical and found a solution. The people I know with fibro are really stressed out people on the inside, yet they don't outwardly show that they are. I wonder if that has something to do with it?

The times I feel "phantom" pains are when other people direct extreme anger at me. Some times it's racial, or when I've offended them deeply(like not letting them leave the scene of an accident). It's a sharp pain on the back of my neck. Since I relate the pain to what I'm experiencing empathically, I wonder if you all do as well. Is Fibro a spiritual illness?

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 months ago
1,185 posts

Hi zacharias,

I've had FMS for 32 years and ran a support group for people in 3 cities who have it for 14 yrs. and a call in line for 4 more years until I got too sick to drive. I could type on this all day, but if you are asking what I think you are asking, which is why does there seem to be a connection between being an empath and having FMS, the following may help. I would give the link, but I think we are not allowed to post links.....not sure. Anyone know?

Just Google "Dysautonomia - Autonomic Nervous System Dysfunction - Holistic Help", read the long and excellent article you should find, and I think you will see the reason why many empaths may have FMS. I now have almost every disorder on that long list. That is what happens when your ANS is stuck in the ON position for over 30 yrs. 

Is it a spiritual disease? I would say not anymore nor less than any other disease is partly spiritual when living on a 3rd density planet. Car accidents that cause whiplash are the number one trigger (41%), and that can happen to a totally non-spiritual person. However, I DO think there is a connection to being highly sensitive, as you will see when you read the article. FMS is a complicated disease, so there is no easy, quick answer. 

If you have BLOOD relatives with FMS, I beg you to read the whole article and think about how you can start to modify your life right now to prevent getting this illness, since there is a strong genetic tendency involved. I wish I had known half of what I know now when I was younger. It would have changed where I chose to live, the career I picked, and in general I would've chosen a far more boring but calm, simple and quiet life with no drama and no putting up with toxic people at all. 

Best wishes for good health,

Cheshire Cat

Zacharias
@zacharias
3 months ago
85 posts

Thank you Cheshire Cat, It's a mystery that I would like to understand more about. You've given me some great information to study. I have about eight of those disorders on that list. Many of my family do as well. I have a theory about a possible cause for some of it. I'm interested not just to understand the empath connection, but the environmental impact on everyone.

As I get older my sensitivity to electromagnetic field energy and chemicals increases. Because of it I use no chemicals in my pool and do not like driving pass some of these power plants on the side of the road. When I work close to those high tension wires I feel fussy. The electromagnetic radiation coming off of them feels like super fast vibration. I'd go crazy living next to them, and they are hard to avoid. When I work in certain areas I have to take breaks every couple of hours to get away. It's the same as being in a mall for to long. I have to go back to work on monday in one of those places I dread. I'll be building a fence right under those wires. It takes almost constant grounding and prayer to get through it. I'm going to a rock shop today to see about protection stones and maybe a find lead suit to work in. 

I know empathy is a gift, but it isn't a gift to me, it's for others through me. I hope one day they learn to appreciate it. I very much appreciate your sacrifice, Cat, I don't just wish you the best I pray that you are rewarded for all you have been through. 

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 months ago
1,185 posts

Hi zacharias,

Wow, I am so sorry to hear that you have a job that exposes you to so much EMF pollution. That is one problem I do not have, though I cannot go into malls at all, or any place with new items, due to a severe reaction to formaldehyde, including an abnormal heart rhythm that requires an ambulance. I hope someone with more experience in shielding from unwanted EMF will come along and help you out. I also wish you could get another job, since I find the more exposure you have, the worse a particular sensitivity gets, just like with common allergens. I am adding you to my prayer list right now. 

Like you, I do not find this to be a gift. I practice and practice various techniques, but my inability to control my extremely sensitive responses to stressors has ruined my life, the illness has made me unable to work or drive, and I am mostly a hermit. I am lucky my husband has stuck with me, especially with the "double depression" I have now. My mom followed the same exact pattern and died very young. I cannot wait to go home also, and pray for it every night.

The only good thing about it is I now notice how many more mistakes I make when I don't have my abilities working like they used to. I see that I took being able to read people for granted. I am in a constant state of fear ranging to outright terror now, due to a voluntary and very long, slow withdrawal from an awful addictive drug they put me on for muscle spasms when I was first diagnosed with FMS. I decided it was destroying my brain and I was tired of being hooked on it. Recently, it was found to cause Alzheimer's so I started an almost two year process of weaning off. It is harder than heroin to get off of, let alone for someone as sick and old as I am. That fear has lowered my vibration to the point where I've lost most of my ability to read people, with some disastrous, very stressful and costly results, so I see now how being an empath has helped me in many ways I took for granted until they were gone. That is something to be thankful for to help balance out the other side.

I do think people with FMS or CFS are canaries in the coal mine, forecasting what all humans will suffer eventually if we don't clean up our act soon. We got it first because all of us have at least two defective detox genes in our methylation pathway (MTHFR labs can confirm this, and have done so for me), so we have a harder time getting rid of the toxic exposures from modern life.

FMS is not a new disease, just newly epidemic, due to modern society. There is an excellent article by Jeffrey Bland, PhD. called "Fibromyalgia: Stone Agers In The Fast Lane" which explains why our hyper vigilance was good throughout most of human history, and made us the most valued members of our tribes, but it is a disaster in modern life, where the stress response hardly ever turns off. That article can be found in Appendix A of Dr. Jacob Teitlebaum's first book on CFS/FMS called "From Fatigued To Fantastic". There is also at least one Indian tribe in the USA where those who get FMS are elevated to automatic Shaman level, and are revered, so they recognize the connection between FMS and empathic ability. That  info is from Devin Starlanyl, M.D. in her big book on FMS, the name of which escapes me, but it's easy to find and was her first book on FMS.

I've written my own book here, so I will get on down the road.....

Sending protective gold light to surround you and help you get through that fencing job,

Cheshire Cat

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book