My latest rescue

To post a reply, login or signup

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
4 months ago
708 posts

lUCKY lUCY.jpg

This little girl survived 3 dogs and a ride under the hood of a pickup truck. Meet Lucky Lucy :)

updated by @cat-whisperer: 09/07/17 06:37:25PM
Bing
@bing
3 months ago
545 posts

She's a lovely girl. 

Zacharias
@zacharias
3 months ago
75 posts

How cool. Brings a tear to my eye. My daughter brought home two farm kittens with the sniffles last weekend. One has a broke leg. They are now healthy and happy. This brings the cat population in my home to 13.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
3 months ago
708 posts
Zacharias "]

How cool. Brings a tear to my eye. My daughter brought home two farm kittens with the sniffles last weekend. One has a broke leg. They are now healthy and happy. This brings the cat population in my home to 13.

Awww! A fellow cat person 😻
She's doing great....brings my cat population up to 6
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
3 months ago
708 posts
Bing:

She's a lovely girl. 

Thanks @bing 😊
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 months ago
1,184 posts

More cat people at the EC, yippee! I am waiting for one of you to find and adopt a disappearing cat like me! There must be one out there somewhere, lol. We make good pals for empaths, since we can see spirits, as all who are owned by us are already aware.

Here is a true cat story that just happened to a friend of mine to make you smile.....

A good friend of mine has a son with a serious genetic heart problem inherited from his father. He jogs as part of his treatment. Last week he agreed to foster 4 kittens from the SPCA that needed salve put in their eyes several times daily. In order to make room for their gear and sleeping box, litter, dishes, etc., he had to move his treadmill to a place where he could not use it. Because he had to move it, he had to jog outdoors. Because he jogged outdoors, two people who were outdoors saw him suddenly fall to the ground motionless and rushed over. One of the two had just completed EMT training. He had no pulse, and they did CPR on him until the ambulance came. It was assumed to be his heart and he was put in a medically induced coma. It turned out his heart was fine, but he had had a very bad reaction to a medication! The doctor said if he'd been at home on his treadmill alone, he would be dead now. The moral: Save a cat today and the cat may save you! :-)

CATS RULE,

The Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 months ago
1,184 posts

Hi @zen-angel,

I do think Americans have more cats now than dogs, probably due to not having the time to walk them, working too many hours to leave them alone, the much higher cost of their care, etc.

I love dogs too, especially Pembroke Welsh Corgis. Their huge ears, tiny legs, permanent smiles and bunny butts are so cute it makes me go crazy. However, I do not like vacuuming the entire house every day....boy, do they shed!

I'd say those kittens were probably sent by an angel to save my friend's son. 

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 months ago
1,184 posts

Cat-Whisperer,

Lucy is adorable. In the picture she looks to be light tan in color. That is pretty rare, IME. I had a cat that color named Oatmeal way back when I was in college.

If it was just the light in the photo and she is orange, I assume you are aware of all the strange stories and myths (are they really?) about orange cats. I had one back in the 70's  that was definitely part human. You could call him like a dog and he would come running from several blocks away. He liked a treat food we used to put in with his other dry food to entice him and would smack his paw down into the food in the dish as hard as he could to make the food fly all over the floor. Then he'd calmly walk around the floor, eating only the treats. Gotta love 'em......

C. Cat

4peace
@4peace
2 months ago
187 posts

OMG, What a beautiful kitty!  We just adopted another cat from the shelter.  I was trying to see a bigger pic to see if it was "cream" colored like ours.  Orange diluted, is offically "cream." :)  We are up to 3 kitties.   Love love kitties

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
one month ago
708 posts
Cheshire Cat:

Cat-Whisperer,

Lucy is adorable. In the picture she looks to be light tan in color. That is pretty rare, IME. I had a cat that color named Oatmeal way back when I was in college.

If it was just the light in the photo and she is orange, I assume you are aware of all the strange stories and myths (are they really?) about orange cats. I had one back in the 70's  that was definitely part human. You could call him like a dog and he would come running from several blocks away. He liked a treat food we used to put in with his other dry food to entice him and would smack his paw down into the food in the dish as hard as he could to make the food fly all over the floor. Then he'd calmly walk around the floor, eating only the treats. Gotta love 'em......

C. Cat

She is a nice light tan, however, since she's gotten older her stripes are becoming more defined.
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
one month ago
708 posts
4peace:

OMG, What a beautiful kitty!  We just adopted another cat from the shelter.  I was trying to see a bigger pic to see if it was "cream" colored like ours.  Orange diluted, is offically "cream." :)  We are up to 3 kitties.   Love love kitties

Lucky Lucy makes 6 for me. Funny, never went out to adopt them, they just have a way of showing up where I am. Hubby calls me a cat magnet, hehe 😂
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
one month ago
1,184 posts

OOHH!! I don't think I've ever seen a tan cat with stripes. She must be gorgeous. Look forward to future photos as she grows. She truly is a lucky girl to have you as her cat mama. :-)

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
one month ago
708 posts
Zen Angel:

Well, isn't she just the Cat's Meow!  lol!  What a precious little girl you have there and certainly Lucky to find a wonderful human to take care of her.  My husband and I were adopted by a stray cat a few years ago.  We believe she was someone else's cat, but was abandoned by them.  Took me a bit of work to get her to trust me, I think she had been out in the wild for about a year.  Now, she owns the home AND my husband - she's just smitten with him.  (And he isn't even a cat person.)  :) 

Perhaps she'll make him a cat person...there's no such thing as too many, lol.
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
one month ago
708 posts

@zen-angel

Awwww! That's neat Wink cats are a great judge of character...sounds like you've got a keeper. One of my previous kitties converted my hubby also, left little paw prints on his heart. He was so sad when little Stripes passed...he said that he was the best cat ever.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
one month ago
1,184 posts

Same for my husband. When we met I was a cat person and he was a dog person, but we both converted each other to loving both. He is the one who spoils the "timeshare" cat we have now, who belongs to a neighbor/friend, but prefers to live at our house (there are 11 cats at her real house and she prefers being an only cat). He cried more than I did when our last cat passed. 

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
one month ago
1,184 posts

@zen-angel,

I can see why someone might call a silver cat Nickels, but I like your name choice better.  It was the same with us. We thought the cat was homeless and had named her Square (a long story). Then one day we heard a woman one block over yelling "Meagie", and she ran like the wind and jumped over our 6 ft. high fence to go in that direction to be fed.

I got a new friend out of it, which I badly needed, having lots of online friends, but nobody here that I see face to face more than twice a year, due to illness. She and I watch movies together when her spouse is out of town and take short walks when it's cool enough.  She got someone to feed her cat out of it, so she wouldn't have to roam the neighborhood yelling.  My husband likes to do it, and he also built her a custom bed, lined with sheepskin. We also buy her flea medicine, as the owner doesn't approve of medications, so her other cats have fleas and tapeworms, since the natural treatments never seem to work. I wish they did. We got fleas in the house from going "natural" so we told her we could not continue, and then it was okay to treat her. We can't afford this, but she is even poorer than we are, so we do it, and she still pays for any Vet visits to her all natural Vet. We just avoid discussing the complete lack of shots, license, etc. 

I hope Nickels still visits you from time to time, unless your cat really dislikes his courting, lol. I also hope he is fixed so he doesn't spray your property!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book