Protection in known place of paranormal activity

To post a reply, login or signup

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
5 months ago
726 posts
I am going to be going on a tour of an old prison well known for paranormal activity. Other than black tourlamine and being well grounded, is there any other precautions I should take as to not pick up any "hitch hikers"? I do not want to inadvertently take something home with me. Any type of meditative preparation? Or simply asking my guides and angels for protection. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I don't want this to be a bad experience.
Thanks,
Blessings
updated by @cat-whisperer: 06/15/17 09:37:37AM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
506 posts

@cat-whisperer:

I was having some heightened spirit activity about a year ago at my home. And I was pretty convinced that I had something attached to me. In fact, I was in my kitchen a few times and turned around really fast and it was almost like catching my shadow as I briefly say a very dark shadow figure that was almost clinging to me. And I was going through a lot of depression and feeling low and very tired during that time (something that I think was caused by this entity).

To get rid of the attachment I tried carrying around black tourmaline, black onyx & black obsidian. But it wasn't until I added Shungite that this entity detached from me. And it went out with a bang and was clearly angry (another story for another day). I don't know if it was the Shungite by itself or in combo with the other 3. But I don't go anywhere now without my medicine bag of those 4 stones. I really have not had any issues since so my advice would be to give it a try.

I would also do a grounding session before and after your visit.
Hermes.V
@hermes
5 months ago
104 posts

@hop-daddy

That's very good advice, and also that's very interesting about shungite. Knowledge gained from experience is definitely the best type. Thanks for sharing, Hop Daddy.

@cat-whisperer

There are actually quite a few things that you can do, in addition to carrying stones, you can try sending energy to the event. You can use Reiki or any other technique, and ho'oponopono too works well in directing energy. Initial connection to the event will give you a glimpse of how the event can possibly turn out, yet, as you work on sending the energy to the event, you will notice that how you feel about the event (or perhaps even see, remotely) will change considerably. You can also experiment with sending any other type of energy or frequency of light that you have been attuned to an event to find out its effects.

updated by @hermes: 06/15/17 09:53:41PM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
5 months ago
726 posts
Thank you @hermes and @hop-daddy
Great advice, as I will try all of the suggestions. Funny, snowflake obsidian and blank tourlamine are two of my favorites stones for protection. I will add Shungite for good measure when I go 😊
Blessings
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
5 months ago
785 posts
I'd give my self a good full body smudge...start from the bottom of my feet to the top of my head....and add loose tobacco....they don't like tobacco....and the shungite is interesting I'm gonna get me a few too...lol
updated by @womanwhowalks: 06/16/17 01:43:45PM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
506 posts

Smudging is a great idea. And I thought I'd add that I've also had really good luck taking salt baths after an intense spirit event or after a tough empath day. There is something about rock salt & sea salt that really repels spirits and negative energy in general. Bathing in it really helps pull that off of you and the salt neutralizes it. And it is no coincidence that salt is a major component of holy water and in many religious rituals involving cleansing.

Usually a cup or two of the salt in a tub works. Just don't use table or kitchen salt as I've been told that since it is over processed it has a diminished effect. Sea salt is pricey and a little hard to get on short notice. You can get rock salt at most grocery stores from the baking aisle and it's reasonably priced.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
5 months ago
726 posts
Salt works wonders from removing the yuck. My personal favorite is Himalayan pink salt, it is great as a soak but also great on food. Thanks @womanwhowalks, I never thought of saging before exposure. I always just used it as a cleanser to get rid of funk. I also use cedar when I sage too.
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
5 months ago
785 posts
For me the smudge is also a cleanser...but it goes much deeper than that...it's my connection to spirit...so when I smudge I also connect to the spirit world and surround my self with many layers of protection...the tobacco is much like the holy water as It's used as a link to the Great Spirit....when I smudge with a bit of tobacco with the sage and ceder and sweet grass...all levels of the spirit world are present in my house and around me....and that's why the lower vibrational spirits do not like tobacco as it's connected to someone with a great deal of good energy that can push them away....it hits them pretty hard...or to put it another way..they have a VERY serious allergy to it...lol...
updated by @womanwhowalks: 06/16/17 03:16:33PM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
5 months ago
726 posts
Hmmm,
That's interesting about the tobacco. On occasion I will smell tobacco in the air in my house when niether my husband or I smoke. Thanks for sharing 😊
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
506 posts

Here's a link that I meant to send you a couple days ago about protection stones. The guys who host this website are apparently ghost hunters and have sourced over 50 references on protection stones to come up with a best of list:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ghostlyactivities.com/stones-that-protect-against-evil-spirits/amp/

I think most of what they listed for stones are accurate. But they left out Shunguite which I think is one of the best of the bunch.

Soothsayer4
@soothsayer4
5 months ago
44 posts

If you had not gone yet and would like another tool in the toolbox, one I know of is an astral-protection tool I learned a while ago.  Start with 3-4 deep belly breaths (diaphramatic breathing); ground yourself to the earth by channeling all energy to and from the ground, next using your mind with imagery - imagine pulling a large balloon over your entire body from the ground-up, after the balloon closes over your head tie a knot in it; the last step is to fill the bubble/balloon with your own energy - check for leaks and reinforce. This should do it and often helps to provide a great deal of shielding from future encounters or other unwanted energetic influences us Empaths normally would get. Remember to open the balloon again when needed or refill it for reinforcement.  Don't forget, though, a grounded presence is a strength that hitchhiker hate - they are looking for holes to latch on to.  That's the simplest explanation I can give for now. Hope this helps.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
5 months ago
726 posts
Thank you all for all of the great suggestions! With all of the advice given, I should have a safe visit.....at least I shouldn't take anything home 😉
Blessings
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 months ago
726 posts
So I went on my tour Saturday, it was interesting from a historical standpoint, but as far as any kind of paranormal activity.....pretty uneventful outside of feeling energy that would tingle my hands and arms in certain areas. It was a full fledged paranormal investigation which is something that I had wanted to do since childhood so now I can cross it off by bucket list. Perhaps too protected. I was really apprehensive due to an incident that happened a few years ago so I took all precautions. I took a salt bath, smudged, and meditatated to ask for my guides and angels to be with me. I took along for good measure black tourlamine, shungite, onyx and petrified wood (to dispell any fear) I wore labradorite and hematite. But an interaction with someone at the event has me totally perplexed and wanted to share but will start another thread.
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
506 posts

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad it went well for you. Maybe its better that it was uneventful. You don't want any hitchhikers following you home.

These haunted tours always make me wonder whether the spirits are long gone or whether they hide during tours (and perhaps come out at night). I did the Queen Mary haunted tour this summer. One room gave me an anxious, chest tightening feeling. But in all other rooms that were supposedly haunted I felt nothing. I also recently did a ghost tour in Jerome, AZ where the whole town is supposed to be haunted. I mostly felt nothing.

But like you, I usually come to haunted places pretty protected and wonder if I am muting things with all my protection stones.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 months ago
726 posts
This one was at night. We started off in groups (there was about 75 people there in total), but then we're allowed to free roam the rest of the night. I did like that part since you could pretty much go where you were drawn...and didn't have anyone with me or around me to "taint" the energy felt. It was a large area with several buildings...took the whole 4 hours to see it all.
updated by @cat-whisperer: 09/11/17 08:37:01AM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
506 posts

I think in a lot of these organized haunting tours that the real spirits don't want to be disturbed by an invading group. And they probably leave for a while if they are able. We've had discussions on this site before about how the latest ghost hunting trend to invade haunted places is pretty unfair to these spirits that are trapped here for various reasons. I would imagine they don't like it.

Did you take any pictures? I do hear that on some of these tours you can get some good orb pics.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 months ago
726 posts
Yeah, kinda felt a little bad even though it was a prison, they were still people. I put out a little respectfully entering your space notification when I got there.
I did take pictures but didn't get anything but it was pretty dark, so most didn't turn out. Got bored with that and mostly just wanted to take in the feel of it all. As weird as this sounds, one of the reasons I went was I sometimes wonder if some of the stuff I pick up on is from the deceased or from living people so I wanted to see if the incoming info comes in differently and has a different feel so I can differentiate in the future. It has been hard for me since sometimes I pick up different emotions when there is no one else around. I have though, picked up things remotely so it's really hard to figure out where it all comes from. Although I have been aware of my empathness for quite some time now, I'm still learning.
Paul
@paul
2 months ago
916 posts

cat-whisperer, when I look at that prison, I detect black swirling smoke much like that one shown in the Harry Potter movies. I suppose prisons are full of negative energy. So it may have been a place to practice your shielding. Personally, I would stay away from places like that. Hope all is well.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 months ago
726 posts
@paul
Yes, all is well. I have always been drawn to places with paranormal activity (normal people call me crazy). Since my awakening, it was more of a test to see if deceased energy feels the same a energy from someone alive. On occasion I feel different energies and had wondered if they are coming from this side of the veil or the other. My shielding and protection was working well that night. But I did get my answers that night as to the different "feels" of energies.
Blessings

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book