Any Advice On Overcoming Bad Luck?

To post a reply, login or signup

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
507 posts

I thought I'd reach out to all of you for some advice on this topic. I think I've seen many posts on this topic in the past and thought it would be good timing to discuss it again. I find that sometimes I get so filled up with tough and trying days that the negative energy from that spills out and poisons my life. And from that I seem to get hit with bad luck and overly challenging situations quite often (both at work and at home). Sometimes I can clear the bad luck through intensive grounding. But then it eventually returns again weeks later. And this has gone on for years. It seems like in life there are always obstacles thrown at me to find a way through.Ā 

Has anyone else gone through tough times where you feel like you're just doing your best to plug holes in the titanic to keep it all afloat? Can anyone provide any feedback or solutions on how to break the chain of bad luck and make life more worry free?

updated by @hop-daddy: 11/10/17 09:36:32PM
JoniG
@jonig
6 months ago
33 posts
I've been through periods like that...long stretches of years! Health, finances, relationships all bad at the same time, I felt marked šŸ˜” What seriously started changing my life for the better (I've never been happier!): letting go and accepting life exactly how it came to me & the biggest thing...I put myself into the happiness mix! I started asking myself what would make ME happy. Not in a mean, to heck with the rest of you way...but, considering my feelings first & along with others. The best advice I ever received from a dear friend has helped me a lot in implementing this change in thought patterns...he said, "You give the best advice! Why don't you ever take your own advice?" I would ask myself in difficult times, what advice I would give someone I care about in my shoes? It helped! I found I am a good giver of advice, CAN help myself in this way & as an added bonus, it greatly enhanced my self esteem!! I hope this is helpful to you in some way....I've been there! Best of everything to you...especially when you are mindful enough of YOURSELF to ask for it!! šŸ˜
CalMidwester
@calmidwester
6 months ago
108 posts
I agree with @jonig. I literally don't even know how to put my own desires at least on par with everyone else. From big to small things, I almost always defer to others. I know it's not healthy. I am looking forward to working on this with my new counselor.
Hermes.V
@hermes
6 months ago
104 posts
It is very possible to overcome past karma, and eventually be rid of all residue karma.
Not everyone needs to overcome their selves entirely, and not everyone will incarnate the same level of spirit. Basically the deeper the pain someone goes through, the higher the level of inner spirit that can possibly be brought forth. The initial inner light of realization is all that is required to turn the tide on luck and life.
Without boring with details, I will mention here that watching Dr Hew Len's video on Ho'oponono can possibly ignite that spark. Followed with diligent practice in 'cleaning', eventually much of the 'memories' that cause 'bad luck' can be cleared. It is not a fast method or a quick fix, but an on-going development. It is recommended to watch the videos repeatedly, as a 'remembrance' will occur. An easier method is to be in resonance with a 'master', yet each person will have to search for their own, if they have one.
There is a saying that cleanliness is next to godliness, and this is very much close to the truth. Marie Kondo uses tidying up as a method of therapy. Tidying up clears the mind, and cleaning purifies it. Henry Ford prioritized cleaning highly to ensure the success of his enterprise. Clarity is the key.
Never worry, for existence was built on certainties. Spend time daily, thinking of things that are definitely certain. Latch onto and anchor the feeling and vibration of certainty. Hold it as often as possible throughout the day, everyday. Eventually fears will fade, for fear and certainty (faith) cannot co-exist in the same space.
Once clarity is obtained, breathing becomes possible, and space is created.
(I wonder if anyone else noticed that Dr Hew Len's name also means 'Conform Sight (lenses) ', god's pun probably)
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
6 months ago
728 posts
I hear you @hop-daddy
Same thing seems to happen in my life quite often. I can go though a great period, them bam! Someone or something comes into my life and turns it upside down. I am going through one of those "dark" periods now...things that I thought were healed have come up in an "in your face" kinda way. Great post with a lot of good advice, thanks for bring up the topic
Blessings
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
507 posts

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feedback. The irony of this for me is that I had 10 years of amazingly good luck before where everything was clicking and I was in one of those zones where everything just lined up and worked out the best for me. And then the economy crashed around 2008-2009 and bad luck started trending for me. Back then I did not know I was an empath. There was so much misery and anxiety with the economy and people losing their houses back then that during that period I unknowingly took all that in and it poisoned me 6-7 years. Now that I know I am an empath I know how to manage things and ground myself. But this bad luck part of me hasn't really gone away. I will say that since the "great recession" passed I can't say it's all bad. My health and relationships are good. But lots of other things in my life seem to always be an uphill battle or like running up the down escalator. And then I get lots of freak events hit me or my property. But I will definitely check out that video that Hermes suggested as see if I can find a way to clear or clean myself out this loop.

Hermes.V
@hermes
6 months ago
104 posts
I recently came across a book that talks about kundali, its symptoms, how to get through it comfortably and how to deal with the aftermath:
http://biologyofkundalini.com
The link is a free version of the book.
I haven't finished reading it yet, but I thought it was worth sharing either way, perhaps could bring some good discussions.
There is also a free video/webinar by jeffrey allen, about how to deal with energy.
The course is called duality, there is a full version and a free version. In the free version, Jeffrey teaches an energy technique to deal with trapped negative energy and replace it with positive energy. I have tried this technique and it has produced fast results. Perhaps you can try this too.
updated by @hermes: 05/17/17 06:15:14PM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
6 months ago
787 posts
Hi....I personally don't believe in luck....or coincidence. ...for me even 'luck' is a planned instance in one's life...if something is blocking good stuff from happening then it's an indication that there's something going on in my energy...something somewhere in me needs to be cleared so I take the time and go find it and see what I need to do to clear it...there are a LOT of things i've cleared....and yes some of it does come back....depending on what it is...our memories and subconsousnesses are FULL of nooks and crannies where entities and bad energy can hide and accumulate....I have many that need to be cleared on a regular basis...it totally sux...but that's how I see and hear things....for me the repetitions mean it's time to clean house...again...and basically I don't think I will ever clear anything on a permanent basis....as long as I know what's going on in my brain and energy I can keep on top of it....lol
updated by @womanwhowalks: 05/17/17 10:20:29PM
Hermes.V
@hermes
6 months ago
104 posts
@hop-daddy
Wondering if you got a chance to check the book, biology of kundalini. Did you find the chapter on symptoms, especially Jnana Yoga, interesting?
Anyway, wanted to share a video I recently saw on youtube. In the video, Jeffrey talks about empaths halfway through the video. Perhaps it's an interesting watch for fellow empaths, so heres the link:

updated by @hermes: 05/19/17 04:12:16AM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
507 posts

@hermes:

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I went through a pretty stressful work environment these past two weeks. And then predictably my daughter brought some germs home from school and I picked it up in a heart beat and have been pretty sick these past few days.

I have been doing some interesting research on my periods of bad luck and I think the solution intersects with my wanting to learn to get help more effectively from my angels. It's a bit weird but when I fall in with periods of bad luck I can literally feel that energy change as if I had a spell cast on me (I can feel my luck sink and everything seems overchallenging). I took some advice that someone gave me recently. And it hit on somethingĀ @jonigĀ also mentioned in this post. I prayed to God but also brought my angels in to my prayer and asked them to help me through this difficult time and to help me overcome some obstacles that would change my luck. And part of that prayer was to help me calm down and clear the air of my stress so that I can function more clear-headed and be a better person through difficult times.

The day after my prayer my challenges were not resolved. But I was remarkably calm despite no change in my circumstances. And then one day after that a chain reaction of good luck hit that resolved 3 big things that were causing me great distress at work. The lesson learned for me was that I asked God & my angels for help. And I let it go and left it in their hands. And everything started falling in to place.

SoĀ @hermes, I also looked in to what you posted. TheĀ kundalini seems to be a bigger picture idea for me. Some of it resonated, some of it didn't. It seemed like so much of the Kundalini transition had intense physical symptoms. And that hasn't been the case for me. They also saidĀ kundalini starts from intense years of yoga or some sort of physical trauma. And that doesn't correlate to me either. Am I missing something? What do you think?

Hermes.V
@hermes
6 months ago
104 posts
@hop-daddy
How your situation resolved is exactly what was needed. Life situations rise and fall, yet if we can maintain our inner core, our awareness and connectedness to god, life situations are little more than mini movies. Prayer is a wonderful spiritual practice and really we should have a habit of conversing with God, to be with god and feel with God always, 24/7.
As for kundalini, some people say it is because of intense yogic practice or extreme phtsical trauma. This can be true, however it is also true that people get kundalini awakenings through intense study (eureka moments), music (like Mozart) , emotional trauma, pursuing one's passion or simply living a calm peaceful life. Kundalini actually means to awaken the true potential of the human. There is a similar concept in Taoism and buried within Christianity. In Christianity it's about union with Spirit, in other words union with God, or to be one with god. In Europe, there was a man, Jacob Boehme, who live a very normal, although devout life. One day, as he was looking at a beam of light, a realization came to him, and it awakened something within him. In Europe, much later, there was another man, Einstein, who pursued his passion through intense research and though. One day, he too had an experience looking into a beam of light. He too had something awaken within him. His soul awakened. Your past experiences are not wrong, you are not wrong. You are going towards the light, just that everyone goes in their own unique, special way. Jnana Yoga means union with knowledge or connection to knowledge. In the book it lists sudden knowledge and arising of deep questions as the symptoms. This is part of what I perceive so far. Now that you are actively pursuing clarity, I believe this can become a reality. Perhaps you have considered being a consultant, in which case, such a career would be in alignment.

p.s The book is one person's opinion or perspective, I'm much more interested in the truth that you will eventually bring out.
updated by @hermes: 05/22/17 07:35:45PM
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
6 months ago
151 posts

I love what @jonig said. I found that I tend to give good advice and I began to question why I would go to other people when times got rough or complain about it to others. I started writing things down in a journal, just thoughts and things, and I would be completely open and honest, no restraints.

Another thing I do is make sure I've come to terms with my past. I used to have a massive amount of memories that would haunt me that would come back and I couldn't get rid of, and I learned that I had to face those memories, most of the time where I didn't forgive myself for something, and I would tell myself to "let go" of the emotion and guilt and hate, and replay it until I wasn't uncomfortable "watching" it anymore. I do that naturally, anytime I have a haunting thought or anything that is extremely uncomfortable. It has to be organic, and understand why that thought came to you in the first place as well. This is a little off topic but it could help your overall peace of mind.

The last thing I can think of is taking time in nature alone. Go to a garden or the beach or somewhere and get away from everything. One problem I have is mirroring, and I think most of us Empaths have this as well. It's where you show what others want to see, for the sake of harmony in any given situation. That and other people's energy and emotions will overload you. I know times where I'll be with people and I'll start saying things or something to go along with the conversation, but then I'd question myself about it or why I was talking so much or anything, it wasn't even true to who I was. I highly recommend getting away to nature and getting close to nature, really feel it and the emotions it gives you. I've found that through really grounding myself in experiencing a moment in nature and focusing on what it feels like to me and how I feel inside from it, I in turn get closer to myself. It's helped me to stay positive and be in an overall better state of mind.Ā 

I don't want to sound preachy or sound like I'm attacking or anything, but I have genuinely found that when I want to complain about something, it helps me tremendously to list of things I'm grateful for in the moment instead. It keeps me in a better mood, a better place, and I almost feel like I "shine" because people notice when you get to that place. You'll walk in a room and people look at you differently in a very good way, its a contagious smile and it just feels great.

Rene''
@rene
6 months ago
1,194 posts
@hop-daddy

Hi. Oh yes, I have experienced much bad luck. I can only share my own solutions. My bad luck, per say, comes in waves or numbers. Of course I try my best to keep my vibrations high but unfortunatel events can bring me tumbling down. Once it happens I note it and start working on it. I count my blessings and think of things worse that could happen. Then I put my intent into it and say, no, your not stealing my joy and lift my vibration back up. I seems that the more I romance my thoughts on the negative, more happens or I look at situations negatively. If i have my vibration up I can move around the problem easier and quicker. No doubt though, I fall in them holes of frustration also. But when it starts happening and I notice the patterns, I nip it in the bud.
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
507 posts

Thanks everyone for all the feedback and advice. I think the topic of raising one's vibration is a great solution of how to improve one's path or luck in life. As empaths when our vibration is raised the world is a nicer place and we brim with positive energy that we can use to help others. But the downside of being an empath is that we take in so much energy from others that it at times knocks our own energy and happiness down several notches. And it is in these low energy/low vibration moments where the bad luck seems to lurk. I think I may be able to improve my daily life by working harder on raising my vibration. Thatā€™s the goal anyway.

Paul
@paul
6 months ago
916 posts

I view bad luck as a relative thing. If a guy is late to a meeting and gets lost by driving, what is it to say that he avoided a really bad accident?Ā 

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
507 posts

@ohda:

I agree with you completely. I've had periods of my life where everything went really well. I could feel positive energy radiate around me and I rode that energy wave and life was great. But then over this past decade I've at times sunk to low energy where I was constantly presented with bad luck and tough challenges. And once you start giving in to that and start thinking "here we go again" or "this sucks that this crap always happens", I think I just attracted more negative. I also have noted that a lot of this bad luck and negative experiences resulted from being overloaded as an empath. I think the lesson learned is that I need to step up my grounding game and raise my vibration better going forward.

lucky seven
@lucky-seven
6 months ago
10 posts
I agree that's it's not luck but sth in my energy.
If we have anyone projecting negativity or you blame your self.

It's hard for me but even though people you don't like, send them gratitude but stay away, cut cords sending you negativity.

Also, even though ypeople don't seem have negativities, sometimes they do have... I think

I was wondering why I faced bad licks without me having any negative emotions... it's important to protect yourself and cut cords.
Also, when I had weird troubles, angel messages helped like 'someone is wanting me to fail' and I realized it's happening on me and I had to cope with it. I felt it's important to be confident and send them gratitudešŸ˜‡

I didn't like my work place where group bullying happened but trying to send them gratitude, not sure I want to do it but still they paid me, haha.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book