Seeing Faces And Numbers Everywhere

To post a reply, login or signup

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
7 months ago
507 posts

I have something odd that is happening daily that started a few years back and has become stronger over time. And I wanted to share to see if others here maybe also see the same things. And what I see are faces everywhere that appear from abstract or random designs or textures. I see faces in the design of a Persian rug, or in the grain of a wood door or furniture, or in travertine floor tiles. The skill reminds me of those paintings you'd see at the mall maybe 20 years ago where it looks like a collection of dots but if you stare long enough without blinking you could make out an image inside the chaos of the dots. 

My mind has improved being able to look at abstract designs to where I can immediately pull out faces. And those faces are quite often evil or threatening looking. But other times it may be a person's happy or angelic image. As an example, there is a spot in my shower tile that looks like the face of Jesus with a crown of thorns. Some of these faces pop out as a one-time thing that my mind can't repeat later while with others I can always see those faces every time I walk by. 

In addition to having faces appear to me, I also have numbers appear to me the same way. And I seem to most often see the number 4. The numbers will show up from etches in floor tile or from cracks.

Does anyone have an idea why I see these things and what possible meaning I should draw from them? I’m also curious if anyone else has had similar experiences?

Just Stevie
@just-stevie
7 months ago
84 posts
I have had "Long Crazy Stuff" past posts (for about a yr & a half).

I am not known for short posts but I'll try.

A lot of it has to do with webs but I will back burner that for awhile.

Recently while at a gym (most of it is tables that do the work for you LOL). As I was laying there staring up at the tile ceiling I started to see visions of people on a Carnival Ride. They would slip in and out of focus rapidly lasting maybe 3 - 5 seconds. I always check my self over & over to be sure I can't attribute it to anything else. Everytime I go now, I look up and there it is. Sometimes it's a different ride. I now though, have started to see this in many media. It could be a wall, a mirror, a TV screen, a picture in a frame, a window and even the inner liner of a bottle cap.
Prior to this I have had fleeting visions of people and family as though it were a TV show. It is increasing. On one hand I am very curious but I also find it distracting.

Faces: Mine are very entwined in my "web situation" physically & literally. There are face/faces encased in haphazard freeform web pods that appear as washed out grey with a gauzy burgundy back drop. I can view these with my eyes open or closed. Pretty much I can conjure up at will. These faces merely peek or look away. Or try to look but are not able. I have come face to face a few times. I have tried desperately to get a look that would enable me to describe or at least determine if they are good OR BAD??!!

The numbers I can't speak to but you might ask Bing. He is very informative.
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
7 months ago
867 posts

Hi @hop-daddy

When I was young my mother would always have my sister & I mentally count, notice, look for, etc. all of the faces, intricate designs, etc. that we would see as we fell asleep (we started out with counting sheep to help us fall asleep as I believe other people were told to do, etc. ), when we were bored, etc. & progressed to deciphering faces, objects, etc. that where hidden in plain sight in on the ceiling, floor, walls, etc.

She told us that it would engage our minds & help to make our minds tired (easier for us to fall asleep), etc. instead of our minds being left to wander aimlessly & keep us awake.

She also taught us that what/whom we saw, deciphered, etc. were most likely people whom had lived (walked the Earth Plane) before & that they were stopping through to see their old homes, land, etc. & that we were catching glimpses of them during their trips, etc.;  that just because we noticed these figures, etc. didn't necessarily mean that they had a message for us, were there to contact us, etc.  & that seeing spirits, figures, etc. was actually normal because they had as much reason, right, etc. to be passing through as anyone or anything else since they existed long before we were born, etc. 

It helped me to distinguish whether or not the sightings were specifically there for me to give me a sign, message of some sort, etc. or whether the sightings were just part of normal existence.

As for what/whom you are seeing & the number 4 I would recommend asking yourself if these images & number are of any relevance to you (life path number, birthday, number of children, etc.) if it is of no relevance to you then I'd say that they're just part of existence & isn't a message for you, etc.

Over time I find myself noticing tons of images, etc. everywhere, it can become distracting if you allow it to take precedence over whatever it is you are supposed to be doing (having a conversation with others in the room, working, etc.) so I try to limit my mind engaging for times when I am alone, not busy, etc.  

It can be hard to limit once your mind becomes fully aware of all of these images, etc. in the same space as you (like not looking or acknowledging the sparkly blue & green giraffe in the room, etc.) but it will help you to deepen your deciphering & focusing (deciding if something is meant for you or if you are basically seeing it because you're abilities are expanding.) skills.

I apologize for the length of my reply.

I hope it makes sense to you.

Have a wonderful weekend :)

Hermes.V
@hermes
7 months ago
104 posts
Hi @hop-daddy
Numbers are always an interesting topic. Number have told us a great deal about 'secrets'. Pythagoras delved into numbers to find meaning to union, love, beauty, perfection and manifestation. There is gnosticism in the agnostic nature of numbers. Numbers are bare apparent, yet are also apparently mysterious.
As above so below. The hidden, the manifest, the first and the last are all one. The father, the son and thw holy spirit are one. Yet while 'He' encapsulates all, he is none of them singularly. They are merely faces/modes of 'he'.
Lets look at a projector doing its job. The image on the screen is the son, the beams of light from the projector is the holy ghost, and the image in the projector is the father. Yet he is not any of them, he is the essence of each. Not the projector, not the screen and not the light individually. These are all faces that bring to light the inseparable unified essence. He is the fourth and the zero.
As above so below, as inside so too outside. Most time it is hard to discern our internal condition. Yet there is a very simple way, observe the external. Starting to see things, faces, numbers, within other things means that internally, we are starting to 'see' meaning within meaning. When I say starting, I mean that the process has started, has nit yet completed and is still moving towards completion. Once the process completes, there should have access to deeper insight. There should be an ability to read between the letters. A more complete understanding, a more direct understanding. As far as the process goes, there really is no worry, it will complete by itself. The only thing we need to concern ourselves with is that we are comfortable as the process unfolds. I think for you, hop-daddy, this is not a problem since you already understand the importance of fundamentals. Here fundamentals means grounding and cleaning.
One other thing that I'd like to take this chance to talk a bit about is the difference of energy between the lower chakras and upper chakras. The upper chakras use energy in forms finer and more subtle than the lower chakras. The heart chakra is where energy is refined for use by the upper chakras. It is possible to force-feed the upper chakras with coarser energy, this however will have detrimental side effects. What this means is that it is possible to turbo-boost clairvoyance, yet it will have side effects. The proper way is to refine energy, creating a supply of finer energy, suitable for higher chakra use, and ground the excess. In the seven chakra system, the heart chakra is the fourth chakra, counting from the crown or from the root. It is the middle chakra.
Observing and analyzing this system we can see that a stable way for spiritual development is to move from the root towards the upper chakra. This means that initially, life is about mastering survival after which comes pleasure, then achievements. Having acheived some level of success, a person then starts to understand, and accept, becoming tolerant, this is the heart chakra. Having developed the heart chakra, energy is transmuted, whether consciously or subconsciously for use by the upper chakras. In developing the throat chakra, a person starts to speaks out, expressing views in eloquent ways. With the third eye chakra a person becomes contemplative, naturally reflecting on the lesson of life and gaining insights, possibly delving into philosophy. It is possible that some people jump stages. It is even possible that some people start from the crown. Any which way they want to live their life is fine. Just that starting from root to the crown is quite stable in all stages.

@just-stevie
The uderlying concept, as above so below, is valid here. There is an inner development. Yet whereas hop-daddy is with a 'steady' 4, yours is probably a more 'exciting' ride. There are 3 ways to approach this, enjoy it, change it or 'speak'. Any choice is fine, exciting is enjoyable if you can handle it ;) .
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
7 months ago
726 posts
@hermes, you always explain everything so beautifully.

@hop-daddy, I know weve had this discussion before on another thread...I see faces too, with my eyes closed. Random and changing like flash cards. I also see faces in things but more of those kind...that I see in ordinary objects are of animals.
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
7 months ago
726 posts
@hermes, you always explain everything so beautifully.

@hop-daddy, I know weve had this discussion before on another thread...I see faces too, with my eyes closed. Random and changing like flash cards. I also see faces in things but more of those kind...that I see in ordinary objects are of animals.
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
7 months ago
507 posts

Thank you to everyone for their responses. I wanted to add that my ability to pull faces out of abstract markings or designs is either sharp or dull. It seems to come and go with my level of empathy. I notice when I get overloaded and start feeling the weight of being an empath really pull me down to anxiety that my skills pick up. At that point despite me not feeling great, I feel people easier, I have more run ins with spirits, and I start seeing these faces all over the place in the designs of a rug, or in the abstract markings on floor tile or wood. As an example, I was very relaxed and calm this morning before work. I walked by the areas in my house where I can usually see these faces in furniture and in flooring and I couldn't see anything. I only saw abstract markings and imperfections. But if I had been anxious they all would have popped out in appearance almost instantly.

Any idea why my empath skills are at their best when I am emotionally worn out and feeling heavy? And secondly, should I draw any meaning from the fact that when I do see faces that 80% of the time they present as evil or gargoyle like in appearance?

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
7 months ago
726 posts
Hmmmm, that's interesting. Mine always appear as non threatening, almost like the pics you see of people in yearbook photos...or obituary pics (just came to me as I was typing)...some smiling, some just a resting face, but none presenting as evil or for a lack of better words...scary.
The obituary pic thing...wondering now if the people I am seeing are ones that have crossed over. Ongoing observations, discoveries, realizations...what an interesting journey this is.
"What a long strange trip it's been..." lol
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
7 months ago
507 posts

@cat-whisperer:

I still see faces or movies of people when I meditate or drift off to sleep. Those seem to be real three dimensional people somewhere (I’m still trying to figure that out as well). This post is about something different when looking at a design in a Persian rug or the wood grain markings on the back of a chair. It reminds me of when I was a kid looking at clouds and making out shapes and objects that I saw clearly but others usually couldn't see the same. In this case I'll look at a floor tile or wood grain pattern on furniture and where others see just a random pattern, I now see faces in pretty good detail. We have travertine stone in my showers and as flooring in my home. And each stone tile has quite a bit of natural imperfections or dark grain splashed across the white tile. And it's almost as if the more complex the imperfection detail on the stone, the more I can pull out as a grouping of faces. Same thing with wood furniture or rug patterns. The faces that I see are almost cartoonish looking and mostly evil or angry looking (growling at me or giving me the stink eye). They almost remind me of gargoyles except with a tinge of cartoon like appearance that makes them look both menacing and comical at times. And it is always faces and never an animal or other object.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
7 months ago
507 posts

@cat-whisperer:

The flashcards of people and short movies of people I see when I meditate or drift off to sleep are interesting as well. They are all mostly expressionless faces. And they are usually white men and women aged 20-50. I never see kids or the elderly. But despite the expressionless faces, they seem neutral-happy with no sadness that I pick up. And what usually happens for me is that I get about 3 minutes of flashcard faces and then I get short random "this is your life" movie clips of other people in their lives. Those movie clips as I call them are almost always neutral to happy type of events with no sadness. I find the no sadness interesting considering how much sadness and anger that I pick up from people while living my life during the day.

I have no idea who I am seeing when I meditate or fall asleep. But my sense is that they are real living people somewhere. And a few times a year I have a deeper dream where I meet someone new and really hit it off with them as a friend. And then I run in to them in real life a few days later at a store or gas station. That is a whole other mystery for me. I will say that throughout my whole life I have had an almost photographic memory for faces. I never forget a face and have really fast recall even many years later. It's curious now that my empath skills have grown that seeing faces is such a prominent part of it. 

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
7 months ago
726 posts
See, I'm the opposite. It is hard for me to remember a face...but a voice, I never forget. But still I see faces. That's what makes it hard. I see theses random faces and have no idea if I've seen them before or not. I see animal faces in objects like you describe...wood grains, patterns on material, etc. My office bathroom door for instance has a snake and a wolf in the wood grain that no one else seems to notice (I think they think I'm nuts, lol).
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
7 months ago
507 posts

@cat-whisperer:

Very interesting that you and I both see the flash-card effect of people faces when meditating or sleeping. Your example of a yearbook photo matches up well with how I see people. And then it's interesting that you see animals in random patterns or wood grain, and I see angry gargoyle like creatures. I appreciate what everyone has posted on this subject to help explain it. But I am still trying to interpret the meaning and how I should react when I see things? Is it a warning, is it a sign? Same for you. If you see a snake or wolf that are predators, how do you interpret that? There must be a reason why we see things and when we see things. In my case, and probably yours as well, it's not like these almost look like something. The way I view it, these are very clear creatures faces.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
7 months ago
507 posts

@nocturnes-angel:

I wanted to respond to your post as well. Both the faces I see and the number 4 don't seem to have relevance to my life. I have a wife and two kids so there are 4 of us. But aside from that, I don't know why that pops up. And the faces I see that pop out of patterns are not something I have seen before. And none of them are really the same either. The faces are very different and random and don't repeat.

But it is like you said where it can be very distracting. This doesn't happen every day but when it does, I'll see dozens of these faces pop out on a given day. They always leave me wondering how do I interpret and react? Is this a warning?

Hermes.V
@hermes
7 months ago
104 posts
@hop-daddy
I see that you say the images pop up more often when you are filled with other people's energy. When this happen, you feel anxious and your empathic abilities seem to increase. That is a good observation, and what that could mean is that an excess of energy is triggering your inner mechanism. You used the word overloaded, and that fits quite well. When you are overloaded, an imbalance occurs, causing anxiety. Anxiety happens when the root is unbalanced. Expanding / developing the root will enable the overall system to handle heavier burdens. The images frequently happen when there is an excess if energy, this tells us that some of that excess energy is 'leaking' to the upper senses. Unfortunately since the energy used is 'leaked' lower energy and not refined energy, it causes distorted images. These distorted images happen when the internal 'image maker' receives garbled information. This is much like what happens if you feed an electronic circuit with erratic power, it will produce erratic results. Thus we have gargoyle images. Bear in mind, at that time, the root is overloaded, thus anxiety will tend to influence any inner interpretation.
You might observe that this is very different from images you see during meditation. Meditation refines your energies, suitable for use in the finer upper senses.
I have had experiences where I could see 'videos' showing on peoples foreheads. These happen when I was anxious. When I ask the people certain questions, I find that the videos show near exactly what they were thinking and that was shocking, to say the least. The ability however eventually lead to instability. It was many years later when I finally understood. Looking back, I might have been able to develop the ability if I maintained balance. I am not very keen on having such abilities though, so all's for the best.
Stable ability to connect, receive messages and send messages however does seem quite beneficial, much like how smart phones are able to provide additional information on the go.
As for the meanings of the gargoyles, it means distorted information, so be careful of your inner stability. One thing to try here, I feel, are green stones. Green jade is exceptionally good in releasing energies and transmuting at the same time. Green jade can be worn over the chest like an amulet, or on the wrist as a bracelet. When feeling uneasy, rub the green jade around the spot where there is uneasy energy. After a few minutes it's possible to feel a somewhat warm current flowing. Some people feel it as inner electricity. This tells us that excess energy has been transmuted and flow is returned.
updated by @hermes: 04/17/17 07:36:10PM
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
7 months ago
867 posts

Hi @hop-daddy

In reference to you mentioning how when you are feeling under the weather, etc. that you notice your abilities enhanced I believe that it may be either of two things:

When a person is ill, overwhelmed, etc. the body's armor so to speak is compromised (shielding, grounding, etc.) so he or she may notice that his/her abilities seem to be heightened when in reality they are normal, it's the shielding, grounding, etc. that aren't effectively working.

When a person is ill, overwhelmed, etc. the body's armor so to speak is compromised (shielding, grounding, etc.) so he or she may notice that his/her abilities seem to be heightened (by going into overload mode so to speak) to compensate or in its own way of thinking, protect the person when in reality it becomes overwhelming because the senses, abilities, etc. are on high alert, working overtime, etc.  instead of being in normal everyday mode.

As for leaving you wondering if it's a warning, etc.  I'd recommend listening to your inner gut to discern how it makes you feel.  If the images, etc. make you feel uneasy then I'd say to consider it some type of warning; if not, I'd say to look at it as an opportunity in discernment, gaining new insight from the experiences, etc.

Example : To some seeing a gargoyle may mean something bad; to others it is a sign of protection since they were placed outside ancient churches to ward off evil.

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
7 months ago
867 posts

@hop-daddy,

If you aren't doing so already, I'd recommend keeping a journal specifically to record dates, times, how you are feeling, etc. when you encounter these visions, etc.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
7 months ago
726 posts
Hop Daddy:

@cat-whisperer:

Very interesting that you and I both see the flash-card effect of people faces when meditating or sleeping. Your example of a yearbook photo matches up well with how I see people. And then it's interesting that you see animals in random patterns or wood grain, and I see angry gargoyle like creatures. I appreciate what everyone has posted on this subject to help explain it. But I am still trying to interpret the meaning and how I should react when I see things? Is it a warning, is it a sign? Same for you. If you see a snake or wolf that are predators, how do you interpret that? There must be a reason why we see things and when we see things. In my case, and probably yours as well, it's not like these almost look like something. The way I view it, these are very clear creatures faces.

I interpret the wolf as good, my spirt guide presents as either a wolf or an owl. As for the snake, I don't have any correlation other than I was born in the year of the snake when it comes to the Chinese zodiac. The only time I get dire warnings is the feel in my gut...the knowing. If it's really bad, it comes when I sleep. The animal faces seem to be a good omen to me, they let me know I am protected.

@nocturnes-angel
I appreciate your input on the heightened senses, I also notice my senses stronger when I am tired or ill.
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
7 months ago
507 posts

@hermes, thank you for your advice. What you said did sink in and resonate with me and helped put my mind at ease. I have had good luck with protection stones but at times throughout the year I still get overloaded. I'm going to try out your green stones. One of my goals this year is to try to do a better job of keeping my chakras balanced.

And thank you @nocturnes-angel as you added another level of understanding. You are correct that my empath skills went hay wire strong when I was sick. And then since it was an extended illness, they actually went away. Oddly it took almost two months after I was well again before my skills went back to a more normal state. So it would make more sense that stressful times where my defenses are down would cause a similar lowering of my defenses.

@cat-whisperer, I don't normally feel uncomfortable or fear from seeing bad things in patterns. But occasionally they are extra creepy where the eyes seem to watch me as I move through a room (like the busts at the haunted mansion at Disneyland). But I usually just ignore them. 

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
507 posts

I thought I'd put in a post update that my seeing faces in patterns and designs completely went away for the past 3-4 months. And seeing images of people and flash card style faces while meditating or dozing off also stopped. And then all of a sudden it is back again this week but a little less intense. And now when I see faces in the patterns on a wall or rug, it is less menacing than before. But they are very distinct complete faces that appear to me like before.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
4 months ago
726 posts
@hop-daddy
The seeing faces thing comes and goes with me as well. I haven't been able to make a connection still on why I see them then sometimes I don't. I still ponder on who they all are......
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
507 posts

I did some research and humans are pre-programmed to see faces in designs. The science is called Pareidolia. But what makes this more of an empath thing is that it comes and goes. In fact, as are a lot of my empath skills, this seems to work best when activated by my subconscious mind. If I look at something with the intent to see something it rarely works. But instead I'll just go about my day focused on something else and my eye will pick up on a face in something abstract and then I 'll do a double take to get a better look. But then I'll go for weeks where I don't see anything. And then boom, I get flooded with faces peering at me literally “out of the woodwork”. It's very interesting as I continue to sort it all out.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
4 months ago
726 posts
@hop-daddy
Mine is more when I close my eyes, it's like a movie of faces....like looking through a yearbook.
The Pareidola thing for me is more animals than faces. I see animals in everything...wood grain, patterns in fabric, etc.
Femonique
@femonique
3 months ago
62 posts

I didn't read all the responses, but I read somewhere that seeing faces has to do with psychic abilities.  The more I've seen them, I've come to understand that for me it seems to be tightly tied to the DNA concerning emotional and physical energy of those in the area or someone who created a piece of art, etc.  In my own living area, I see the same faces and patterns even after cleaning and clearing my space they reappear.  The same ones time and again.  In the homes of others, the faces are different and if I hang out long I see the ones in my place too, because my energy is imprinting in their space.

Think energy, think DNA,and think emotions stuck within and undealt with. They physically affect our bodies when we do not deal with them as meant, which is by learning from the experience that invoked the emotions and knowing which to actually release energetically and which to accept as our own.  Not knowing to or how to, is exactly the reason certain diseases are repeating in family lines.  As a medical intuitive, I can understand why they have mistakenly been associated as scary demons, but please know I seriously believe that the more horrific looking the face the more attention someone needs to pay to the situation, whether passed down or their own.  

It's the teeth that indicate to me, the degree of urgency concerning what I see, at least when I see them.  Mild situations are squared off and straight, and as the physical ailment is worse, the teeth look sharp and they even appear as broken.  Recently, I ran my hands over my friends heart and discovered she literally had a large hole in her heart, indicated by all teeth broken right in the middle of a fron vbiew of the teeth I saw.  I saw this even before the medical tests revealed this to be true.  It's painful to tell someone you love these things.    Anywho, I've even seen werewolf shaped faces and teeth, so maybe these werewolves we write about in fiction are just our inner demons damaging our DNA and pass down to our kids.  

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
507 posts

@femonique

Thanks for your input. When I see faces nothing happens. It doesn't symbolize or foreshadow anything for me. And it comes and goes. This week I see nothing.

Femonique
@femonique
3 months ago
62 posts

Then it must be just an energetic imprint at peak times for you.  I dunno, but thought you could use the info as food for thought and take note when it does happen and when it doesn't in order to connect your own dots.  

Good Luck!

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
507 posts

I appreciated hearing how it resonates with you. It's been a weird year for me with my empath skills as they have been going in and out. Same for when I see these dark gargoyle type figures. All I can get from it is that my empath skills are back on when I start seeing these things in the woodwork. 

Femonique
@femonique
3 months ago
62 posts

Just a thought, but you might subscribe to a cosmic calendar and note the alignments going on at the time you feel stronger with your abilities to see stuff.  Astrology.com has one and I have found it very useful to note certain things or expect behavioral changes from others and the issues being dealt with as an overall theme for everyone.  

I hope you find some answers.  M

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
507 posts

Great suggestion. I will look into that. So far it seems very random when seeing things switches on and off. But maybe there is a pattern.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book