Has anyone done a past life regression?

To post a reply, login or signup

CalMidwester
@calmidwester
8 months ago
108 posts
Hi all, I realize I am all over the map lately, but hey, I keep reading all of these amazing books that blow my world right open. Currently on the second book by Brian Weiss. I'm fascinated by the idea that our past lives can maybe explain our fears, hang ups and passions. Has anyone ever seriously pursued this?
updated by @calmidwester: 11/10/17 09:38:14PM
CalMidwester
@calmidwester
8 months ago
108 posts

Thank you!!!  I did get the name of someone local that I might be able to work with, but even that can get expensive.  There is a Pocast of a guided meditation that Brian Weiss does.  I tried it once, but honestly, the environment was terrible.  As soon as I sat down to do it, someone came in the room and then took a call, not to mention it was noisy in my house. I am thinking I will continue using that one. He says that just entering the more relaxed state is a benefit and I am honestly not super attached to getting major results.  

It is so cool to hear about yours. I know what you mean about not having people to talk to about it. I have, let's see, no one, lol.  There is one person actually, but that is turning out to complicated.  I have found the stories in the two books to be very helpful and positive.  However, I am getting sad and wondering if I did something mean in past life due to some issues I'm currently experiencing. It's scary right now because I don't want to repeat the mistakes, but I'm also very lonely right now and I cannot figure out if that is my debt or if I should just make some changes in order to see if that helps.  I guess there's part of me that thinks maybe I'm just meant to be lonely in this lifetime.

Thank you again!! 

CalMidwester
@calmidwester
8 months ago
108 posts
Thank you @ohda! That is impressive that you manage to get a whole hour on your own! I bet the benefits are huge.
updated by @calmidwester: 03/27/17 05:27:35AM
empathinboston
@empathinboston
8 months ago
17 posts

@calmidwester - you will know if this is right for you.  The question itself means it is a question. Opening up that world for me personally (only a personal story, not trying to sway you in one way or another) - opened me up to more negative than positive.  If you're ready and totally grounded at this stage, go for it.  I, personally, was not. I saw too much, too soon. Ask your Spirit if this is right for you and then go for it. Just don't go in blindly to what you may or may not experience. With much love...

CalMidwester
@calmidwester
8 months ago
108 posts
@empathinboston Thanks for sharing your experience. Despite so many positive stories in the books I've read, I certainly have considered that. I will try to be sure that I feel comfortable before I move forward.
empathinboston
@empathinboston
8 months ago
17 posts

Rock on! <3

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
8 months ago
1,185 posts

I had a past life review done by a local psychic who had her own TV show at the time. The review was cheaper than a full blown regression, and since I can see what people are thinking if emotion is involved, I simply watched what she was seeing in her head and saw what she was telling me about w/o having to be under hypnosis.

The purpose was to find out why I am so unhealthy in this lifetime and what I can do about it. She showed me many lifetimes in a row with illnesses and injuries and said she thinks I've simply forgotten what it feels like to be healthy, since I've had so many lives full of illness. I also got to see my last healthy lifetime, which took place a long time ago when Sparta and Athens, Greece were city states, at war with each other. That was also my last life as a man, so I guess I'm overdue to be one again.

I've read Brian Weiss too, and hoped that knowing the reason for the illness would make the sickness leave, as he says he has often seen after a regression, but that did not happen, maybe because it was not a true regression. I have continued to be more and more ill, and despite the reading, I believe it is happening because I am trapped living in a situation that is intolerable for an empath. I am much too overstimulated in the noisy, crowded  city where I cannot control my  contact with people and the noises they make, etc., and I need to go back into the woods where I used to live, away from this sick society, but have no way to do it, now that I am too sick to live alone and can't drive anymore. My husband refuses to move. He is not a risk taker. 

The most interesting thing to come out of my reading was confirmation by the psychic, with 95% of details the same, of a series of dreams I'd had about a previous incarnation in England in 1550, in which an inlaw in this life tried to kill me in that previous life. She failed, but severely injured me, ruining that life and cutting it short. It explains why I never could stand being around her. She passed a few months ago w/o having made any effort at all to make up the karma, which was why I felt we were put together in this life. Oh well. I did a ritual I found online to free her from that karma, since I'd rather not come back and be with her again. I'd rather just forgive and forget if it keeps me from having to come back to this looney bin. 

I hope you get some help from your experiments with this!

C. Cat

CalMidwester
@calmidwester
8 months ago
108 posts

C. Cat, I like the idea of the freedom from Karma!  

I talked to my counselor.  He was the one who gave me the Brian Weiss book in the first place. He referred me to a local therapist who does both regressions and reviews like yours.  I opted for the reading/review.  I just think regression will take me quite a while and that would get very expensive.  I am curious what she will say. I go next week.  I have a good living situation, with one glaring issue.  I am curious if the past life reading will help me understand this issue better, perhaps make it easier to bear or spur me on to some other action.  I will report back for sure!  

It's so interesting what you found out.  I wish you could find some relief in this lifetime!

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
8 months ago
1,185 posts

@calmidwester,

Are you familiar with healing hands therapy where they just move their hands over you in certain energy patterns and do not even have to touch you? The most famous for teaching this is the Barbara Brennan School of Healing. I had a session with a practitioner once where I could feel her moving inside me. It was kind of scary actually.  (All of these readings and sessions were before the 2008 crash rendered me too poor to do such things any longer).

She told me she was given a clear message that she would not be allowed to heal me, since my chosen life purpose this time was to heal myself  through spiritual means only. She said that is why every time I've found a medication or supplement that works, I have an allergic reaction to it, which is true and has horribly frustrated me.  I will not be allowed to heal any other way. I feel I've bitten off far more than I can chew with this. I know how I need to live and think that would go a long way, but don't know how to get there anymore on my own, since I chose my marriage over my preferred way of life before I knew I was an empath and needed it to be okay. That was a long time ago, and that has cost me my health. To be fair, there is no practical way for my spouse to earn a living at what he has always done in a rural area, and we are both too sick to live far from help, but I feel the pull to one place so strongly I would step out on faith and trust that would all take care of itself. 

Please do let us know what happens in your regression session. Curious minds want to know, lol....

CalMidwester
@calmidwester
8 months ago
108 posts

@cheshire-cat, that is a lot to handle, but I can at least relate to the fact that sometimes there are only two difficult choices, not a clear, easy choice and a bad choice.  If only....

The book I read about energy healing was by Dr. Eric Pearl, but it sounds similar in that he doesn't touch his patients, just moves his hands around them.  His stories are amazing, but to me the most interesting part was that he believes we all have this ability and that we really just need to be open to it, practice and also not be too attached to the results.  He did say that sometimes the healing would be in the form of acceptance of a certain malady, so that agrees with what your practitioner said.

I do think that sometimes the result/message from any of this stuff, past lives, energy healing, etc., does seem to be that in some cases, we are meant, or have chosen, to deal with certain crosses in this lifetime.  That is the part that is bugging me right now.  Did I treat someone like crap in a past life, lol? Or, more realistically, was I emotionally unavailable or unaware of how my actions hurt people? Sigh....

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
8 months ago
1,185 posts

Hi calmidwester,

I have thought about this a lot too.....what could I have done that was so awful! There was nothing in the lives I was shown in my review.

However, I've done enough reading to realize that when we are on the other side of the veil, we forget what it's like here in duality and lower density life, and also our time here seems so short, that we may pick something very challenging just because we regard it as an interesting looking experience with no remembrance of how hard earth life actually is once we are submerged in the FEAR (false evidence appearing real). Here comes another book recommendation.....Michael Newton wrote two books on what we do with the time between lives that are fascinating and cover this sort of thing. Reading them would be a natural progression after reading Brian Weiss.  

An advanced spirit, for example, may decide that being a paraplegic looks like an interesting way to help himself or maybe a friend learn compassion and patience, and so is born to them as a child who has an accident resulting in this, creating a learning experience for them both, but it should not be judged as bad, just as an experience. They would both have agreed to it in advance. In other words, no bad karma may be involved at all. You may just be ready for some tough lessons because you have made a lot of progress. We really don't know....

This is one reason, IMO, that we are told not to judge others. That wino you pass in the alley on your way to work every day, may have planned this whole lifetime around trying to make you notice him and stop one day and help him out, in order to help you raise your level of concern for others and knowledge that we are all one. No judgement, just something that you wanted to work on, so you both agreed. When you have eternity, a lifetime is no big deal. That doesn't make it any easier for us while we go through it. I've often wished I could kick myself in the rear for choosing such a hard lesson, but I can't make my foot reach! I don't mean to make light of how hard this is either. I am very depressed even though I know all of this. It is hard to step out of myself, become just an observer, and see this as just a holographic game board, but I think that sort of detachment is the way to view it.....even conventional physics is coming around to that view. 

C. Cat

CalMidwester
@calmidwester
8 months ago
108 posts
Thank you for the book rec! Will definitely check it out. All of that about choosing to have particular problems in a life on earth is very interesting! I do a fair job on not judging, except when it comes to extremely rigid, judgmental people lol.
Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
8 months ago
73 posts

@cheshire-cat Ihave never done past lives yet..I'm confused when you said I'm sorry I chose this lesson..I definately have experienced lessons in life,but I did not choose them to experience..Through numerology I found my karma that is attached to me! Some people I know feel they are being punished by bad experiences but I say these are lessons to be learned..I agree about not judging people..But if someone comes after me,Il take care of it! I say to them,excuse me I didn't know Jesus was hiring!

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
8 months ago
373 posts

I was in a cult, where most of the teachings, and the guru's credentials were based on regression. - It was all quite impressive there for a while and then turned into the guilt trip from hell :)) Nowadays I very much doubt that much of what was seen was 'true'! It might have been true past lives of some beings, but likely not the people in the cult... I guess if one is (spiritually) put in a body, complete with all sensations, emotions and memories (of that body) - it could be easy to belief that it was ones own experience..... I am not saying that every regression will be fake, but they can be tampered with.....

Or I spoke to a public cult advisor, who interviewed cult members, advised them, etc. She said at one point she had 6 members of a cult in her office. They said they 'know' their past lives, but that it is sth very personal, and one is not allowed to talk about it (i.e. that is how they had been instructed by their cult leader). The advisor coxed them on - and managed for them to open up. She ended up with three Cleopatras in the room..... 

I had several regression readings, and they did overlap in the last century with different supposed pre-incarnataions, that would not all have been possible at the same time....

Sure - if regression therapy helps someone heal something - GREAT! I can only recommend though to stay grounded, pray for protections, etc! Not everything has to be true!

Love and Light!

CalMidwester
@calmidwester
8 months ago
108 posts

OK, well, to update, I did the reading today.  Specifically, I requested a crossing of paths reading for my husband and myself.  I had to wait until she spent some time meditating and then say my request out loud.  She said she would try to give information on the most significant lives/crossings.  

It was very interesting.  There was nothing that blew my mind, but definitely some things that seemed familiar and also coincidentally something she said about me in a life in FL in the 1800s and my relationship with my Father and step mother that really is a familiar theme in my relationship with one of my adopted kids now.  

It does give me a bit more peace with the current situation and perhaps some insight into why I have trouble asserting myself and a fear of standing up for myself or even choosing a path that conventional society might not approve of.  I think perhaps not only does it help me accept some of my limitations or perhaps more positively see where I should try to improve, but it also helps me see some of his limitations in a more sympathetic light.

She did have me record it and I am sure I will listen to it again and be thinking about it for quite some time.

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
7 months ago
272 posts

Hi guys, it's taken me a couple of weeks to write these up for you but here goes:

Past life #1

I was a French aristocrat around the 1400’s and went drinking in town with the commoners for a lark with some friends.  I got mugged and beaten up and left for dead.  I was revived by a poor woman who looked after me. The compassion of a spoonful of soup was enough to give me the will to live despite complete amnesia. I struggled to regain my memory of who I was but as my past life came back to me, I started to see the injustices around me. I became a social activist in that life.

I was telling this story to a close group of friends one day and, as I got to the part about the woman with the spoonful of soup, I looked across the room at one of my friends and gasped, “OMG. It was you!”.

Past Life #2

I was a wizard and leader of my community but I mishandled the power. In the ensuing jealousy that created, I and all my community were massacred. In that feeling of powerlessness to protect both myself and my loved ones I swore “Never again.” 

In subsequent lives, up until this life, I played a push-pull game of knowing my powerfulness but avoiding living it. Then, a few year ago, someone took me through a process of disavowing vows. By letting go of that oath, I have rapidly become able to regain the knowledge and self-expression that I had subconsciously been suppressing ... but that's another story :-)

updated by @trevor-lewis: 04/09/17 11:58:41AM
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
7 months ago
1,185 posts

Trevor,

That was super interesting to read, thanks for sharing! 

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
7 months ago
272 posts

Ok Cat, your response was enough for me to reread what I posted and come clean on what I wrote about the first life.  My apologies. In the first life above, I combined what was possibly two lives (not sure why but this is the first time I have written these down ... ever, so please treat the version above as a first draft). Both lives involve Paris and at this time the boundaries between the two lives are a little blurred, for reasons you'll understand with the following revised version.

I had a past life reading in my early twenties. A number of lives came up but the main theme was about one particular one. The reader saw me standing in a Parisian bank. I had been falsely accused of embezzlement and I felt betrayed.  I left my job, my wife, my family and walked away. I kept on walking without the will to live until I ended up living in the sewers, ready to die. A poor woman took pity on me and shared a spoonful of soup. The compassion of that gesture was enough to give me the will to live. I recovered and became a leader of the community in the sewers, a “king rat”.

Around turning 40 in my current life, I had listened to a past life regression audio one evening, not with any real insights. However, the next day got a feeling about having been Jewish in that life around the time of Dreyfus in France (late 1800s).  A couple of days past that recall, I was telling this story to a close group of friends and, as I got to the part about the woman with the spoonful of soup, I looked across the room at one of my friends and gasped, “OMG. It was you!” (which was all the more remarkable because she was always talking about seeing herself ending up as a bag lady leftover, I think, from her days in the Paris sewers).

Fast forward 15 years and I was working with another friend of mine (who didn’t know this story) and her guides. At the end of the session, one of her guides turned to me and said “Good to see you again, Trevor.” Of course this surprised me and when I asked for details I got the reply “Let me just say, do you remember Paris?”.

Well yes, I remembered Paris! although the story the guide told me was somewhat different from the one above, hence the inclination to think that they were two different lives (and the confusion between them)

This guide had his last incarnation when I was a French aristocrat around the 1400’s.  I had gone drinking in town with the commoners for a lark with some friends.  I got mugged and beaten up and left for dead.  I was revived by a poor woman (my same compassionate friend as above) who looked after me, despite suffering from complete amnesia. I struggled to regain my memory of who I was but as my past life came back to me, I started to see the injustices around me. I became a social activist in that life. My upper class accent was too strong to give me any street cred so I couldn’t work with the general population.  I was a backroom organizer and the guide, in human body, was my go-between.

For that matter, both tie into the "Never again" life in terms of reconciling myself with my role as a community leader.

Thanks Cat!

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
7 months ago
1,185 posts

Thanks for the clarification, Trevor. One reason I found it so fascinating was that I had a somewhat similar life in rural England in which I was beaten almost to death by my older sister, who was my SIL in this life, and a kind woman with a market stall in our small village selling bread to travelers gave me her scraps of unsold bread and kept me alive (she is a friend in this life) until I froze to death one night, when sneaking into someone's barn and covering myself with hay was not enough. I also had amnesia, and was quite addled by brain damage from the beating. 

The connection between the two lives and the same people in both is very interesting to me. To those interested in the idea of soul group reincarnation, I would recommend Michael Newton's books.

C. Cat 

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book