Empath artical/ biblical perspective

To post a reply, login or signup

annalee23luv
@annalee23luv
last year
33 posts

http://melbournecounselingservices.comThis article gives a Christian perspective on empaths as the writer has researched us empaths for over 2 years now.Here is a link to the article, the website is a mental health and. Iblical perspective website.

updated by @annalee23luv: 07/13/17 09:35:41AM
bornfree7777
@bornfree7777
last year
0 posts

I really got a lot out of that, Thank you so much for the post.

Soothsayer4
@soothsayer4
9 months ago
44 posts

didn't see the full article but that would take a lot of courage to come forward especially as a counselor

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
502 posts

Since the original post was 6 months ago, the website referenced is no longer highlighting the article. But I was able to search around and found it here:

http://melbournecounselingservices.com/empaths/

I think this is a great topic. I am also a christian and there isn't much that intersects with the christian belief and being an empath. This article helped bridge the gap a little.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
502 posts

Btw, this article seemed to depict empaths as lost souls that needed to give up our magic and be brought back into the fold of God and Christianity. It really showed a general misunderstanding of empaths and suggested that through our pagan new age rituals we have fallen to the dark side. This is the struggle I often find with organized religion. They can be so judgmental when people like us are outside the box with our spiritual abilities. They see us as bad or lost souls. I actually emailed the author today to say she has her facts on empaths all wrong. I gave her my info. if she wanted to better understand how and what empaths are (and in my case a Christian one). 

Soothsayer4
@soothsayer4
8 months ago
44 posts

Perhaps an empathy does pertain to biblical application.  After all we are "discerners of spirits"  - one of the gifts of the Spirit.  This is more than the mere "soothsayers" depicted in the old testament.  It is a true gift by God.  Though, I also am skeptically cautious to accept her article as a Christian perspective. Coming from a New Age view it is hardly without prejudice nor can she be truly objective in her research.  Yes it shares research pontificating various theological perspectives of an empath, but seems to lack Godly faith - the very element that makes a Chrisitian.  Yet, I also see the unique perspective that we also must acknowledge which refers to a greater perspective and open-mindedness indicative of our unique idiosyncrasies pertaining to the Empath.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book