Mercury Retrograde Nov 2018

michelle
@michelle
one month ago
63 posts
Mercury Retrograde Nov 2018

Consider this thread a public service anouncement! You can also share your experiences during this period, here.

The first article gives general info.

The second is written for empaths and HS[s].

Mercury retrogrades affect all but empaths are particularly sensitive to them. Also, according to the author, we can also be vulnerable during the "shadow" phases a couple of weeks before and after the event.

I can testify to that. For the past week, I have been constantly agitated. Computer glitches and whole posts disappearing to not feeling able to be in my own skin!

Also, the full moon [Beaver Moon] is on the AM of the 23 so you'll see it the night of the 22. This makes the effects of Mercury's retro more intense..my empath friend pointed out to me this is on Thanksgiving! Yikes! I'll be home all day with family!

So, forewarned is forearmed. Read on and please do share your thoughts/feelings.

Yours in Service,

Michelle

SNIP FROM:

Mercury in retrograde 2018 – what does the astrological event mean and how long does it last?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
944 posts

I usually do not notice any change in myself during retrogrades. But I have seen some non-empath people freak out during it and have reactions that are not normal for them.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
one month ago
1,378 posts

It seems I have major screw ups with every business I have to deal with, and most especially with electronics, especially computers, and even with the power going off at our house during retrogrades. I do freak out, as hop-daddy says and blow up from the endless problems.

It also seems like we are approaching, leaving, or in retrograde a whole lot of the time. The breaks in-between are not nearly long enough for my taste! 

I liked the part of the article where she said that some people may be introverts because of all the toxic energy they absorb and the need to retreat from the overwhelm it causes. I agree with that. I come from a family of extraverts, in which my mom (also an empath) and myself were the introverts. I have become almost a recluse, due to living around so many negative people, with two of  the darkest people I've ever known living on each side of me, like a sandwich. Non-empath spouse refuses to move. 

Does anyone know if different zodiac signs are more or less affected by mercury retrograde? I am just guessing that Gemini might be most affected, since it is their ruling planet. Anyone know?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
944 posts

@cheshire-cat:

As I noted earlier, I don't think I've ever had a retrograde period effect me personally. I've checked the calendar and the bizarre happenings in my life don't line up with retrograde. But maybe you're right and it effects certain people with certain birth signs. But as a larger topic, the empath bad luck phenonmenum is something that has been posted about on this site quite often. But no one has really been able to explain it. And this is especially true when it comes to electronics not working. I can remember a morning earlier this year when my laptop was acting up with flickering screen, my phone had several screen freezes, the microwave tripped a breaker, and then a light bulb blew out when I flipped the switch on. And to cap it all off, as I pulled out of the driveway to go to work that day, I had a flat tire. I have 2-3 times a year where I have that type of black cloud day where things around me just don't work right.

I was reading a Sylvia Browne book earlier this year and she noted that a fair percentage of psychics have telekinetic skills and don't know it. But yet quite often, electronics go on the fritz around them. And she noted in her book that one of her sons has quite advance telekinetic skills. And when he was young every night when he would fall asleep all his shoes would lift up in the air and whirl around the room making a lot of noise as they would hit walls and the floor. There was something about falling into a deep sleep that would activate all of that with him. I know this sounds like sci-fi. But this has me wondering if there is a connection between telekinetics and some empaths that are causing flukey electronic things to stop working or malfunction. And if so, I wonder what causes it to happen? Does it happen when someone is frustrated, aggravated, and low vibration? And since I run into ghosts and entities quite often at my home, I have to wonder whether they play a part in electronics breaking, and lights flickering.

michelle
@michelle
one month ago
63 posts
@cheshire-cat

Mercury is in retrograde three to four times per year. So 3 to 4 x 3 weeks equals 9 to 12 weeks of the year that Mercury is in retrograde! That's a significant portion of the year.

I'm not sure if the retrograde effects are anymore intense for particular zodiac signs. Rather it has to do with a Mercury retrograde in your natal chart. I don't know a whole lot about astrology but you do need to know your time of birth and the latitude and longitude of your birthplace. If anymore than this is needed it is not known by me.

The following article gives more information on this:

http://www.crystalwind.ca/latest-astrology-news/mercury-retrograde-16-november-2018-psychic-vampires#

I feel for you concerning the struggles you deal with during these times. I am a Virgo which is also ruled by Mercury. I know that Mercury is strongly represented in my chart. Not sure if there are any of these retrogrades in it though.

I am a type A personality and years of that plus trauma have done much damage to my central nervous system. I also have severe adrenal fatigue which has left me with no threshold for stress. I too freak out easily when things go wrong depending on their severity or monetary cost.

Computer glitches have been rearing their head already. Being a Virgo, I like things neat and orderly. One look at the format of my beginning post causes me to cringe. It seems when starting this thread that my computer had a life of its own! I was so frustrated, I left it as it is, understanding that things were out of my control. As the article States, " Let It Go, Let It Go, Let It Go!"

Tonight, I'm using Google Voice to to type. Never really used that before but saw my son doing so. Right now, this is a godsend since I've have been in the throes of some very low energy days. We'll see how this formats once I post my response.

@hop-daddy
Lucky you that you can go through these retrogrades unscathed. I wonder if this is reflected in your natal chart?

Do we have any astrology buffs here in our community? If so, I would like to hear your take on all this.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
one month ago
1,378 posts

@michelle,

Thanks for the link....I will read it tomorrow! 

I have Virgo rising, and also am a neatnik, which is common in empaths anyway, since clutter is too much overwhelm for many of us. I too am a Type A and have severe adrenal fatigue. I have to take Seriphos every night to get any sleep at all. I also have fibromyalgia, which wears out the nervous system, among other things. 

I can do natal charts and know mine, but I cannot do the progressive charts and know little about the houses. We have a member here who has not been here in ages who was really good at astrology. I wish she was still here to contribute to this thread. 

Thanks again for the link and have a good night...

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
one month ago
1,378 posts

@hop-daddy,

I had a session with that son of Sylvia Browne. His name is Chris Dufresne. He is very good. He was so detailed and accurate I was gobsmacked! 

I had not thought about telekinetic being involved, but it might also explain all the clumsy episodes where things fall out of my grip and fly halfway into another room. It just seems like really bad luck, but now I wonder.....

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
944 posts

@cheshire-cat:

I believe that's the son. That's great you had a reading with him that went so well.

And now that you mention it, I also have clumsy episodes at inopportune times. And I'm not a clumsy person. I'll be heading out the door to a meeting and a water glass in my grip will suddenly slip out as if pulled from my hand. And then I'll have a 20 minute delay of cleaning up the broken glass and mess. I've also had a couple times where my car keys inexplicably disappeared with everyone in my home swearing they didn't touch them. And then when I finally found them they were in a drawer that no one uses. I don't know if any of this is retrograde related. Just mysterious.

@michelle:

While retrograde doesn't seem to directly effect me as an Aquarious, it indirectly effects me. People around me seem to be more stressed during these times. And there is often bad stuff in the news that happens during these times. So as an empath I indirectly deal with more stress energy in the air.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
one month ago
1,378 posts

@hop-daddy,

You may want to reconsider using drinking glasses, lol. I use plastic cups to drink from now, and metal  H20 containers w/closed tops when in the car. I also use plastic and bamboo dishes most of the time, since I've broken so many regular dishes. I still use ceramic coffee mugs, but broke my favorite one two weeks ago, when it slipped from my hand while I was drying it. I also smash my fingers on the oven door at least twice a week, bang shoulders into door frames, and broke a toe on a bifold door awhile back. I swear they reach out and grab me!

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 weeks ago
944 posts

@cheshire-cat:

Its glassware, ceramic mugs, eye glasses. And I can't tell you how many times I have spilled a cup of coffee on myself despite having a firm grip on the handle. It's as if something is flipping it on me. I think I need to call Ghost Busters! Wink

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 weeks ago
1,378 posts

@hop-daddy,

It happened so much to me that I had to switch to plastic drinking glasses, and metal coffee mugs with secure tops that work like sippie cups. They keep coffee hotter and water colder anyway. 

I need one of those chains around my neck like grandmas used to wear to keep my reading glasses from falling off my head, which is where I push them up so I  can walk. Just 3 wks. ago, a pair fell off my head and a chunk broke off one side of a lens and one bow came off. It is now secured with thin copper wire, lol. 

One thing I have not done is get rid of throw rugs, which are very dangerous when you are this clumsy. I trip over the ends daily. I've tried 3 different kinds of no skid underlays, and all of hem fail after exposure to 2 wks. of air conditioning. 

The latest is  that I press buttons to turn various appliances on and they do not come on. My DH comes over and easily turns it on, whatever it may be. I am also having smoke alarms go off, and only when I am alone. Replaced the batteries and am waiting to see if it keeps happening. 

I am not sure in my case if this is related to being empathic or to having fibromyalgia, since it is a well known phenomena that many fibromyalgia sufferers can stop a watch cold just by putting it on. I do not own one anymore, so I am not sure if I can do that or not. I also have a great left beating nystagmus, courtesy of the fibromyalgia, which in plain English means my balance stinks. In your case, it seems a lot more mysterious...

michelle
@michelle
4 weeks ago
63 posts
@cheshire-cat
@hop-daddy

Brought my mug but I think I'm late to the party! Speaking of mugs, when my son was a bit older and in more control of his dexterity, someone asked me why we drink out of coffee mugs. I replied, mugs don't tip over!

The telekinesis remarks are interesting. I've been known to put out street lights when walking or driving under them. Computers often act funny around me. Once, the clock on my computer started running backwards. Another time at my therapist's office, I was standing next to her while we looked something up and she was getting very frustrated about her computer not working right. I said to her, here let me move away and maybe it'll work well for you...and it did after I moved.

Do you know those figurines that you press a button and they play music? In my house, they go off all the time by themselves. We had one that was going off for a couple years. The batteries had to be dead and I think it was running on pure empath power!

I also wanted to ask if either of you, or any others that read this, have seen something break right before it actually does break. I've had this happen to me a few times.

Cheshire Cat interesting remark on fibromyalgia. It could magnify your powers since it is a disease of the central nervous system.

Well the retrograde is in full swing now and I'm laying low. I too have been dropping things all the time. The more frustrated I get the more it happens. It's a fair assumption to make that the more agitated we become, the more we effect our surroundings and that which happens in them. When I'm in a funked out mood, it is more for others sake than my own. I like to say at those times I'm not fit for human company because I do know that my agitation will affect other people. We are that powerful of an energy generator. I also isolate myself for my own protection too. But I understand my own ability to affect others and I take it as a responsibility to be aware of what I am emanating.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 weeks ago
944 posts

@michelle:

We've had unplugged clock radios without batteries turn on by themselves and start playing radio music at my house. Although I'm pretty sure that's a ghost thing and not us. But electronics malfunctioning or lightbulbs and batteries suddenly shorting out is something we see happen. With electronics malfunctioning I usually find that I'm in a hurry or anxious when that happens. So if I take 3-5 minnutes to walk away and do some breathing to reset myself, my computer, phone or whatever starts working again. Similar to what you did in the medical office walking away. But I'm torn on this as the cause because there is often some ghost activity leading up to these events as well. So I'm not sure if the ghosts are causing problems. Or maybe they are messing with my aura and aggravating me. And my energy surges and causes these electronic problems. I'm just not sure which one is the answer.

michelle
@michelle
3 weeks ago
63 posts
Tonight is the full moon. It will exaggerate the effects of the retrograde. Breathe deeply and let any negativity or aggravation pass through you.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book