What is my religion?

To post a reply, login or signup

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
So I realize this is a strange question but just let me explain. I have always believed that there is an energy about the world and about each individual person, and thy what we do (or don't do for that matter) contributes to the worlds energy and our own. I don't believe in a creator, I buy into the whole science evolution thing. But I do believe the energy in which I discussed is a higher power. I think we as people control this energy though. I think the love and kindness and also the hatred and evil we put out change the energy around us. I believe I the power of self and the good in people. Is this a religion? I was raised in a Christian household where exploration of other religions wasn't tolerated. My question is if my beliefs identify closely with any religion in particular? I feel a pull to identify with some form of religion or spirituality, I just dont know which ones go along with my personal views.
updated by @emmy-long: 05/10/17 12:17:56PM
Paul
@paul
3 years ago
916 posts

Many religions make god/source/all/one/force to be outside. Everything is frequency and eventually energy. All Abrahamic religions are heavily manipulated by forces that wish control and may not be from this planet. I see things as energy, I also identify with Buddhism because it is not a religion per say but I am not one. Christianity as pushed by the right in the USA is so far off the mark... Look inside not outside for answers. You might be surprised. Find your own way. Have a great day.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi Emmy, I have my very own beliefs. They may be similar to others they are never exactly the same. My guides and other spirits have guided me in my beliefs. Whatever you feel inside of you is right: ) Dan

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
I like the idea of just following what I believe and I can't believe it hadn't occurred to me that that was an option earlier. Thank you everyone!
Paul
@paul
3 years ago
916 posts

Its really your journey and only yours. Decide what is best for you and what resonates with you. It will change with time and that is OK too. So when others try to get you to do their thing, this old song puts it well. The Isley Brothers..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMimqfJVedE

Much Love, Light and Life, Namaste

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
I have heard of the UU church before and I was very interested in it. Unfortunately I'm from a Small town in Indiana where that kind of religion is not popular. I haven't been able to fin any UU churches around here. I would love some of of the links you mentioned before if you get a chance to send them. It's nice to relate to somebody who knows where I coming from. Thank you!
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
I just posted last night in the main forum about how serendipitous my life has been recently since finding this place! So funny you used the exact same word. I have heard of Peru, In but it's not very close to me. I live in the north eastern corner of the state very close to michigan. I do appreciate all of your help and look forward to learning more.
Paul
@paul
3 years ago
916 posts

Simple really, I belong to Neither this or that one. If you must have one tty the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster... just as relevant LOL. But there is an organization to energy in this Universe. Once you figure that out, things get a lot easier. I recommend you steer away from all religions.

Angel
@angel
3 years ago
607 posts

You can try Athiesim,sorry I think I misspelled it, but they walk a similar path, if you are seeking a title for your belief system. I am quite ecclectic as I have made my own path and added things from other beliefs that I believe in, so I have chosen the title "mysticism" to describe my belief system, but the reality is, everyone has a different path. You can also just say you are "spiritual" as it is another blanket term that might be broad enough:)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book