Shamanism

To post a reply, login or signup

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Is Shamanism the same as being a light worker ? I heard the term and looked it up and I see some familiar traits except for the drum or a trance unless meditation is what they call a trance. Are they the same or what. ? Opinions welcomed
updated by @rene: 04/26/17 11:35:19PM
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
last year
868 posts

In my opinion no.

This link might help : http://www.crystalinks.com/shamanism.html

Amaya
@amaya
last year
301 posts

In my opinion and experience, all (real) shamans are lightworkers and some lightworkers use shamanic techniques. I think the answer to your question depends on how one defines shamanism and lightworking. Specifically, what does a lightworker do?

If you look at the Wikipedia definitionof shamanism, the description in the first paragraph overlaps significantly with other modalities that I believe most people would classify as being under the lightworker umbrella, such as psychic mediumship and energy healing.

Also, I think it's important to note that shamanic techniques can be used by "darkworkers" just as much as lightworkers, but because the title of Shaman is generally bestowed by others and not given to oneself, true shamans tend to be the healers, the lightworkers.

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

A Shaman is a lightworker, because they are a healer, in fact, a spiritual healer. But not all lightworkers are Shamans. :)

knujac2003
@knujac2003
last year
19 posts

It all depends on the Shaman to heal or harm.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book