Just wondering.

To post a reply, login or signup

Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
Just wondering if anyone thought being an Empath and having the Holy Spiritual gift of mercy is the same thing?I also having a problem getting started on my Empatg quest because of everyone's religious beliefs around me. I have been saved but am not a church goer because of the people in them. So many their with the wrong intentions. It's suffocating to me. But I do try to follow the Lords word and I that's where my dalima is. I want to start using the stones and meditation but I feel like I'm going against God. Well, the way people has looked at Him. The way it has been explained to me. If I am restraining myself from it, which feels like a gut instinct, is it the right thing to do. Very nervous about this.I'm not a bible thumper(not meant to offend, just lack of words to explain) and do not believe I have to attact myself to one religion, but I do try to follow the Word.Is this normal? I would like to hear others thoughts on this.
updated by @rene: 03/06/17 02:30:51AM
weary_soul
@weary-soul
2 years ago
4 posts

Rene,

I think it is very normal. I would encourage you to get yourself back into a Body of Believers though. However I also know that empath gifts are not as understood. I have oticed a change by some when I engage in certain skills when going to church. The one skill is seeing the dials taking the people emotins you recieving to zero then pushing your dials to ten. I added another dial , the God dial adding what I am receiving from God to ten. I found this takes me to a whole new level of awareness where my empath gifts are concern. I am not sure what exactly you are talking aobut as the Gidts of mercy are of the Holy Spirit. Could 6ou please explain? I do know I carry the gifts of prophetic, releasing the Holy Spirit in an atmosphere, counseling gifts. I know my empath gifts feeeds into all of these gifts also. I am sure your God given gifts are supported by your empath abilities..... I will write more later. I hope this gives you some answers for now.

Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
The gift of mercy has a number of outstanding qualities, including these seven characteristics:1. Those with the gift of mercy have a great ability to feel the joy or distress of another person or a group.2. Those with a gift of mercy are able to identify with others and to vicariously experience what others are going through.3. Those with a gift of mercy desire to see those who are hurting alleviated of their hurt. They see virtually no benefit in pain, suffering, distress, or sorrow.4. Those with the gift of mercy are very sensitive to statements and actions that may hurt others.5. Those with the gift of mercy have an ability to sense genuine unconditional love and to detect expressions of love that are insincere or hypocritical.6. Those with a gift mercy have a great need for friendship7. Those with the gift of mercy are reluctant to speak against any person, regardless of what they have done
Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

I used to be part of a major religion, in fact, I only left it a year ago, but I needed to because I couldn't follow god and my religion at the same time because they were telling me two different things. I just wanted to love people no matter what, not judge them and call some people righteous and some sinners.

I was hard to break free because I use oracle cards and crystals and all that, too now and I was always told it was bad. My husband hates that I use all that stuff, but that's where my spiritual gifts are and I can't help it.

You are just going to have to do what is best for you, and it will be unique to you. If that means you feel drawn to use stones and meditation, then do it. People who give you a hard time about it don't understand. It is hard to sort of break into another way of connecting to god, but when you allow yourself to do it, it is very freeing.

I am of the same opinion as you now, that I don't feel I have to attach myself to one religion to follow god. The universe is full of truth and beauty and I just don't think it could be confined to one single plan. If it works for someone to be in one region, then I'm glad they found what works best for them, but it's not for me.

Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
I can't express the thankfulness in my heart for these replys. I'm glad someone can relate. I really don't have a body of believers I have tried to be part of a church when I was young but it was self commitment because my parents was church goers. I was dropped off and picked up. And not having the clothes the oft her children had, I was made fun of. I had no one one their to reinsure me it didn't matter what I had on. I have tried to go to church after I became an adult but there was so much negitivity in the ones I tried. It became a chore instead of an passion. So I took off on my own and study the bible with the help of a lady minster I worked with , she helped guide me. She is one of the few I told about , what I know now, an Empath. I never had a word to put with the feelings. She is the one who said its s gift of mercy. That was 20 years ago and I have kept this gift to myself until now. I haven't talked with my husband because he is not a believer in stuff like this. He would say it's all in my head. My sister knows a little but she's says just pray and the answer will come to me but as you probably know, to some religious people, if it's not written clearly in the bible, it's not allowed. Thank you both so much. It's funny how a person can say the simplest thing to a stranger and unknownly have given hope to the hopeless.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book