How to un-secret my spiritual awakening--take 2

To post a reply, login or signup

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

**Sorry, I posted this in the wrong place earlier and it got deleted. I think this is the right place now. Please feel free to re-comment. :)

About a year ago, I started working with the Emotion Code with a friend. Before that I was a Reiki Master, but I didn't use more than occasionally. When we started using this new technique a year ago, though, something started really opening up in me. I started doing huge chunks of healing for myself and distance healing in secret for others and for my friends who were learning this with me. It started to change my life, and I started being able to add many other intuitive healing gifts and wake up to myself and my experiences in this life and in others.

Well, at the beginning of summer, some incidents with my church (no, I don't want this to be a religious post, it was just the catalyst that got this started) snapped me over from spiritual learning to a full blown spiritual awakening. I could no longer set foot in my church that is a huge part of our life. When I try to go to other ones, I end up getting sick and being forced to leave. I am learning at breakneck speed and learning stuff I never even knew there was to learn about. This spiritual awakening is not an easy job. I'm tired a lot body and soul and I've had to introvert more, and I miss the people at my church, and all that, but I'm grateful it's happening.

The problem now is that I've told my husband almost nothing about it. He is very kind and supportive, but he is also an extremely literal, grounded, five senses guy. For example, he thinks chiropractors are some sort of voodoo weirdo stuff. There is no way I can tell him that I can see and heal people's past lives and imbedded traumas, and that I can sense spirits and angels all the time and all that stuff that. I've completely shut him out of this part of my life, and it is getting to be a bigger and bigger part of my life all the time. It's not fair, but the only reason I do it is because I have NO IDEA how to explain this stuff to him. I want to tell him and let him in. I just don't know how to explain it all.

Yesterday he opened up and said it's hard for him that I'm not going to our church anymore. I understand completely. If the tables were turned, I'd really be suffering. I want so much to tell him about what I'm learning. I started looking up sites that might help him understand, but I couldn't find any that weren't new age-y, or sketchy, or mystical or too far out there. For him, he'd need someone to do a story on it for NPR, then he'd believe it, but before that, I just don't think he could understand.

I've been doing distance energy work on him to prepare him to hear some of what I've been through, and today I gave him a Reiki Attunement to open him up to that kind of energy, but I still don't know where to start with information.

Do any of you know any down to earth sources that talk about spiritual awakenings? How did you tell your own families when you woke up to your own abilities and started to see the world and universe for what it is? He is such a good man and he is truly trying to be supportive even though it is causing him pain. I know if I show him websites with pictures of swirling vorticies, or chakras or people beaming magic light or crystals or anything like that, it will just freak him out. The only source I've found so far that might have appeal past empaths and mystics was the book Dance of the Dissident Daughter by Sue Monk Kidd about her awakening to the Divine Feminine. At the same time, it's a book about women for women, and I'm not sure he'd be able to empathize.

I don't know. I just feel like it's important to start coming out of the spiritual closet to him, but I just don't know how. Any of you who came out with spiritual awakenings or your empath gifts to loved ones who have the opposite kinds of gifts, how did you do it?

updated by @sarah: 07/18/17 12:54:01AM
Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

There's a difference between being out of the closet and wanting him to be a part of it. I hope you were able to read some of the responses before you switched groups. i mentioned about the friend who is a psychic/healer whose husband is very 3D based. They make it work; she doesn't try to get him interested in what he isn't and while he still doesn't believe, he believes and respects his wife.

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

Thank you both for re-commenting. I wasn't able to see most of the comments on the other thread, so I appreciate it.

After I posted this the first time I found an article about this that I actually found helpful. One thing she said was that sometimes when one partner awakens, the other one acts as a 3D anchor, and it was decided upon before we came here to be born. The 3D anchor gave up their chance to awaken for now to let the other partner have the chance, and they act to steady them and love them and be a foundation for them while they are going through the bumps of awakening. That sounds EXACTLY what my husband is like. I think that maybe we did make that pact before we came here. Now, I feel less confused and more gratitude and love.

Her advise was to just answer questions when asked and don't just let them have it all because it's not their turn yet. It's something you are going though, but not them or the rest of your family. They are right there, too. For some reason, I feel better and more confident about all of this knowing it's just my road right now and to take all the love and support and make sure he and the rest of my family knows that even though I'm going through something and leaving behind some of my old beliefs, I'm not leaving any one of them behind, ever, and I love them all no matter what I'm going through.

At the same time, I've been doing distance energy work on my family, my husband especially to prepare them and to help them open up in whatever way is best for them, not because I think they all need to have an awakening right now, too, but to hopefully make what I'm going through a little less confusing and painful for them.

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

It's looks like you've gotten some good info. I'd like to add to it but it seems that something is preventing me from adding my comments today. After two tries - I have to quit.

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

Sarah, I seem to be having a freaky day and I'm not sure what's going on here.

I had sent a reply to your post but when I went to add the reply - all of my text was missing except for one word "Hone". I have no memory of typing that word and it was in quotation marks and capitalized.

I have since deleted it off "My Page" as I saw it was also on your wall. Upon further thought, I decided to tell you about this because it was just too weird, not to.

I have looked the word "hone" it has a number of meanings. I have no idea why this happened. If there is a message for you or for me.

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

This is the third time I will try and post this and to the gremlin in the wire (Ive made a copy, dont try anything funny).

Sarah, not all of us follow a spiritual path in this life. We all come in to experience this world in different ways; for example, some people really live in their head, others need to physically experience this world and others can sense the spiritual. All of us have a combination of these but some areas will be more dominant. Think of all the people who are on a spiritual path; how often do they work on grounding? While a person who is an athlete or is involved with physical work; is more grounded in 3D; or the scientist or inventor who is very in their headand has to think everything out.

I have a friend who is a successful psychic and healer with a husband who is a 5senses guy. When her abilities opened up, she wanted to share them with her husband. She was in the same situation that you are in. She connected with Spirit who told her that in a previous life, her husband had lead a spiritual life but in this one, he really wanted to have a more physical experience of the world. After that, she relaxed and didnt try to change his views. He, still doesnt believe but he believes in his wifes abilities; so much so, that he has recommended her work to a number of his friends. He believes in her; even though he isnt able to grasp this work.

I believe that the article you read was spot on and the advice is applicable. As to the ascension; Sarah, before we came into this lifetime, we made the decision as to whether or not we would experience it. There is no judgment on those who dont go through it. Each of us has a Soul that is very wise and knows exactly what its doing. You can send your husband unconditional love but, dont worry; his Higher Self knows what its doing. You dont need to work on him he knows he can speak with you if he has questions.

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

Pat Starbridge, I really have a feeling that what you are saying is exactly spot on. I think of my husabnd's 3D-ness as his gift. He is a very talented artist and he is also a lawyer and his ability to see facts and details make him very good at both. It feels like part of his plan in this life to me.

It helps for me to hear the example you posted. I know my husband would love and trust me even when it's hard for him to understand what I do. I'm just going to consider it a blessing and move on.

Also, I'm going to look up Hone. :) There must be a message here.

Paul
@paul
3 years ago
916 posts

You are in a tough place. You will be up against all manner of ignorance, hatred and just plain stupidity as taught by mainstream religions mainly christianity. I do not go to church and I see it as they can't teach me a thing. Your soul is speaking to you and in reality its part of the Shift. He can choose to remain ignorant or maybe learn what is NOT being taught in Churches. I would not tell him all things, just enough, silence has its place. If he stays, is OK, if he goes its still OK. Its a choice. I have a Portable Vortex set up in my living room floor doing a very important task for the USA. Some people came into the house to do an inspection and one of those Bozos purposely broke the circle, maybe christians in their ignorance... On the Reiki thing, its extremely important to ask for permission to do it. As of about 1.5 month ago, the level of available energy to us has been greatly increased. I have noticed during my Reiki practice. Also psychic abilities and gifts are being awakened. Its all part of the plan.

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

It does seem like some sort of energy shift is happening on a big level. The first place I sensed it was in my church about two and a half years ago, and it's increased so much lately. It feels like some of it is the feminine energy that has been under the surface for so long. It feels like so many people are waking up--including myself. I'm still at the beginning, but I could feel the shift before my waking started all the way.

Don't worry. With the Reiki, I did a kind of attunment that only works as needed, but isn't meant to be used all the time, but just as needed for the individual for their best good at the best time. I asked permission of his spirit and from God first, as always. We don't always know what's best for us, but God does and so do our spirits.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book